The motivation behind writing this article about massage chairs for tall bodies is two-fold:
- I get lots of calls and visits from folks who are looking for a massage chair that can fit AND fully massage someone quite tall, and
- Many chairs claim to fit folks this tall, but really fail to in a very big way, which I will explain in this article.
In our showrooms, we carry chairs that will cater to all kinds of body types, but there are only a few solid choices if you are 6'3" or taller. Lots of chairs say that they will fit someone that tall or taller, and they usually do fit that size of a body. But, here is the kicker - although you may fit in one of those chairs, many of them will not have a roller track that will reach the neck area of your spine. In other words, yes, the chair will fit your body, but the massage itself will not reach your neck, let alone massage it. In my experience, you will certainly be left wanting.
So, just because you may read online literature that tells you that a chair can fit someone who is 6'3" or taller, don't believe that the chair will massage your neck. If you don't care about a neck massage from your massage chair, pretty much any chair will "fit" you. But, if you want a good neck massage, MAKE SURE that the chair you are considering buying actually will provide a massage high enough up your back to reach your neck.
Here are some excellent choices of chairs that will handle the taller bodies AND still give you a good or great neck massage:
- Infinity IT-8500 or Infinity IT-8500X3 - This Chinese-made chair claims to fit someone who is 6'5" tall and, by
golly, it really does! This has been our go-to chair for taller folks for years not just because it can fit taller people and truly give the user a great neck massage, but also because it provides a great overall massage experience, including arguably the best stretch feature of any chair and a strong, intense, deep tissue roller massage. The foot rollers are great too.
- Inada DreamWave - This Japanese model does a great job on folks up to 6'4" tall, and that means a great neck massage. It has the headpiece which will give an aircell massage to the neck, but it also has rollers underneath the headpiece that can offer a whole different, more vigorous neck massage as well. This chair also has break-away side arms, which allow for very broad shouldered and broad chested users.
- Luraco iRobotics 7 - This American-made chair claims to fit folks as tall as 6'7". Although it will FIT folks that tall, it will not give a good neck massage to someone that tall. It will miss most of your neck. However, for 6'3" or 6'4", it does a great job on the neck. This chair also has a dual roller system, as opposed to the more popular quad roller system, which will also provide you with a very methodical and deep neck massage.
- Human Touch Novo XT - This Chinese-made chair is stated in the literature to fit someone as tall as 6'9"! That sounds impressive, but it will certainly not massage the neck of someone that tall. However, it is one of the few L-track chairs that will reach the neck of someone as tall 6'3". This chair also has a 3D L-track to boot, currently the only 3D L-track chair we carry!
- Ogawa SMART 3D - This is Chinese chair maker Ogawa's top of the line chair and it's literature states that it will fit
someone 6'4" tall. I don't have this model in my Utah showroom so I can't prove it myself, but we do have it in our Southern California showroom and my manager there assures me, through in-store customer experience, that it will fit someone 6'3" - 6'4" tall, just as the literature suggests.
- Infinity Iyashi - Another Infinity chair that will handle a bigger body. The Iyashi claims to fit folks as tall as 6'6" tall. Based on my personal experience with this chair, I would have to agree. Although the neck massage itself is a bit weak compared to others on this list, the rollers will certainly hit the neck of the taller bodies, i.e. 6'3" +.
So, there you have a good list of chairs that will fit you or a tall loved one. Feel free to give us a call if you want to find out what other chairs might be able to handle. We are always at your disposal.
Dr. Alan Weidner
P.S. Give us a “Like”, "Share", or "+1" and leave me a comment or question below to share what you learned or ask any questions, so other folks can benefit from this material.