Ogawa has introduced what could be the most intuitive and response massage chair yet! The Ogawa Smart 3D massage chair incorporates some never-before-seen features that will excite even the most difficult to impress user. Features include a Samsung Tablet with pre-installed app to operate the chair, 3D roller technology, mechanical foot rollers, SmartSense airbag pressure control, self diagnostics, built-in quick touch user controls, unlimited user profiles, 17 auto programs, and much, much more. A very unique and special chair, the Ogawa Smart 3D massage chair brings a whole new dimension to the massage chair world!
A portion of every sale goes to the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Pre-Installed Samsung Tablet - The Ogawa Smart 3D massage chair is run by an Ogawa App, which can be found on the Samsung Android Tablet that is included with your Smart 3D massage chair purchase. Full control of the chair is managed by this app. By the way, the included Samsung Tablet also is WiFi enabled and can, of course, be used as a personal computer.
- Unlimited User Profiles - Go ahead and create any custom massage you'd like with this chair...and then create a user profile for an unlimited number of users.
- 3D Dual Roller Technology - Want a deep massage? Want a light massage? The 3D rollers will make that happen to you with the versatility of a 3" adjustment. This chair has 5 different settings for that 3" of depth!
- 3D Body Scan Pretty much all massage chairs nowadays have some form of body scan, but what makes this one so interesting is that it measures not just the positioning of the head and shoulders, but also the shape of our spine...PLUS it's computer technology allows for the rollers to make micro-adjustments throughout the massage session.
- 17 Auto Programs - The Ogawa Smart 3D massage chair employs 17 auto programs utilizing Kneading, Swedish, Tapping, Shiatsu, Clapping and Rolling modalities. But what makes this fascinating is that the chair uses 6 exclusive massage techniques that each use different combinations of the modalities. What this means to you is that the massage options with this chair are pretty much endless!
- Patented SmartSense AircellTechnology - Not only does this chair use it's 64 airbags to lift and compress your various body parts, from head to toe, but this technology can also control the PSI in various airbags by using patented sensors throughout the chair to provide optimum pressure for comfortable massage.
- "The World's Quietest Massage Chair" - It's patented air suspension system and insulated frame makes for a very quiet massage experience.
- Updatable Massage Programming - Any new massage programs or system updates can simply be downloaded to the tablet and used immediately in the chair. Very clever and easy to wirelessly update your chair's programming.
- Self Diagnostics - The engineers were clever enough to incorporate a self-diagnosing application to easily figure out any problems with the chair which facilitates easier repair!
- Quick Touch User Controls - If you're too tired or lazy to actually use the tablet to run your massage programs, just use the Quick Touch buttons located on the right arm rest for functions such as Power, Pause, Quick Massage, and Zero Gravity adjustments.
- Interactive TryMe Video - Not sure how to use the chair when you get it in your home. A video tutorial has been implemented on the tablet to give you a visual and sensual demonstration of the chair.
- Zero Gravity - 2 different zero gravity settings for a quick and therapeutic recline (body weight decompression).
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - An elaborate network of rollers under each foot will bring welcomed relief to your feet at the end of a long day!
- Recommended User Height: 5'2" - 6'6"
- Recommended User Weight Max: 300 lbs
- Power Consumption: 250W
- Available Colors: Black, Cappuccino
- Chair Weight: 290 lbs
- Upright Chair Dimensions (HxWxL): 49" X 34" X 50"
- Reclined Chair Dimensions (HxWxL): 42" X 34" X 82.5"
- # of Motors: 8
- Manufacturing Country: China
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: Mother's and Father's…
Pretty much all massage chairs that are not 100% airbag chairs have a roller system. The roller system goes up and down the spine, from the neck down to as far as the buttock muscles.…
The motivation behind writing this article about massage chairs for tall bodies is two-fold: I get lots of calls and visits from folks who are looking for a massage chair that…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: special financing…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the arrival of…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: an update on the…
An update of Dr. Weidner's visit to his Southern California showroom for Massage Chair Relief.
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: some absolutely…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: an explanation…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the addition of…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the feature set…
Ogawa Smart 3D Massage Chair Reviews (4)
Apr 01, 2017 at 10:51 AM
First, a couple of typo corrections. I meant to write competence OF, not O and would only BUY not BUT
Now for a few additional Ogawa Smart 3D chair observations. 1: the arm massage is strong, the foot/calf massage is strong, but not painful, the rollers go past the tailbone to the top of the buttocks, which is good for a "S" track chair, the Thai massage gives a good stretch, the heating element is soothing, the Samsung tablet control is a little tricky to figure out at first, but with some experimentation becomes easy to use and the chair speakers have a nice sound, but I use headphones usually. I suggest turning the chair off and on from the remote to avoid having to reset the bluetooth connection connection every time. Music can be downloaded to the tablet to be played through the chair speakers, but I haven't quite figured out how yet. Well, that's about all I can think of right now. A GREAT CHAIR...ESPECIALLY THE SAMSUNG TABLET CONTROLLER!!!
Mar 31, 2017 at 06:34 AM
This is my second massage chair purchase from M-C-R. About two years ago, I bought the Apex Ultra, but it wouldn't get through the doorway, as it came fully assembled. I place the Apex Ultra in my garage and used it there. The Apex Ultra is a vigorous chair and has held up quite well so far and I was satisfied with the massage choices. Then one day, I was perusing M-C-R, when I saw the Ogawa Smart 3D chair in the pre-owned section for $4999. $2000 less than when I first saw it new. Living in NYC and having no where to test the Ogawa, I once again relied upon Dr. Alan's knowledge and objectivity to guide me. He was as patient, informative and helpful as he was when i purchased the Apex Ultra two years earlier. Michael, the manager at the California showroom, handled the actual packaging and delivery. Everything was in perfect condition. As the Ogawa comes in three separate boxes, I was able to get it inside with no problem. I assembled it myself, referring to an excellent step by step assembly video I found online. Now, the chair is very heavy, so you will need help maneuvering it, but I'd skip the expense of White Glove Delivery, unless Dr. Alan assures you that the delivery company actually knows how to assemble the chair. Where you live will probably determine the assembly competence o the WG delivery company. I looked at every massage chair assembly video I could find and the Ogawa Smart 3D was , by far, the easiest to assemble. There's the heavy base, the seat back and the side panels. The footrest is already attached. As to the chair itself, in the immortal words of Tony the Tiger "GREAT!!!" A myriad of auto programs. Some will wake you up (vigorous) and some will put you to sleep (relaxing).With all of the auto and manual settings, this chair will easily adapt to your mood and needs. This is an S track chair, so no butt rollers, but it does have a mild seat vibration plate, which I prefer. Also, the Ogawa reclines nearly flat, which enhances the already strong 3D feature. Tablet control allows internet access for movies, ebay, et al. The Samsung tablet protective leather cover broke (not the tablet, just the cover). I called Ogawa and they sent out a new one right away. Dr Alan is the only person I'd ever but a pre-owned chair from, because when he assures you that it's in perfect condition, it is.
Mar 12, 2017 at 10:34 AM
I've been wanting a high-end massage chair for years and this year I could finally afford one. At our local mall I had been trying the Brookstone massage chairs and there is also a place that sells Inada Dreamwaves. Of course, compared to the Brookstone chairs, Inada was best - they even trademarked "The best massage chair in the world", and since they were so expensive I figured it was true (get what you pay for).
I did research online and found Dr Weidner's youtube vids, then discovered they had a store around LA where I live. They carry another expensive chair from Luraco so I figured I'd better go try it out. I went to the store thinking I would just try that chair out since the rest were made in China and less expensive, I figured they weren't as good.
I met Michael, the store manager, and he really educated me about the massage chairs. I ended up spending 3 hours trying different ones. He explained that it's not about the cost of the massage chair, because they carry the best Chinese chairs, it's about what suits you best.
I ended up buying the Ogawa Smart 3D chair, which I am totally in love with - I use it everyday! It hits all the right places for me and is a very comfortable chair to sit in. I'm a big guy with broad shoulders and my wife is petite, because the Ogawa has adjustable sides it fits us both nicely. I also love the Ogawa's remote, it an app on a Samsung Galaxy tablet which comes with the chair. The app has 17 awesome preprogramed massages, manual settings, and you can even have a custom massage just for you. The Upper Back and Thai massage are my favorites. If you carry tension in your neck and shoulders, you should try this chair.
I highly recommend buying from Massage Chair Relief as they really stand behind their products and have excellent customer service. No one else gives a 90 day satisfaction guarantee return policy and a lifetime labor warranty just for buying from them. Plus I've never met anyone more knowledgeable about massage chairs, nor any store with so many to try. They're the best!!
Dec 15, 2016 at 03:35 PM
As you are seeing, purchasing a massage chair online is tough. Many choices of chairs and nowhere to actually try them. These guys spent a ton of time on the phone with me answering questions and actually sitting in chairs explaining them while on the phone. I finally chose the Ogawa 3D chair. It was an amazing choice. It has now become a part of our daily day to end with a great massage. The massage is great, the stereo is great and even the lights (yes, there are lights that to do chromotherapy, look it up) are very soothing. The chair is perfect, the tablet technology is great, I now can't imagine using a remote. I can't say enough about the experience, it was amazing. If you are looking to buy a chair, call massage chair relief and help them end your search.
Ogawa Smart 3D Massage Chair