I came across this excellent video story, by Peter Barakan of NHK World News, on the history of massage chairs. I had always thought that Mr. Inada had invented the first massage chair in 1962, but this story pegs a sewing machine parts businessman in Japan as the inventor of the first massage chair in 1950 for his daugher, who suffered from “very bad knots in her shoulders.”
I am a real history buff, so I found this video fascinating. It is particularly interesting for me to learn about the history of the massage chair and how the chairs have evolved into the technological masterpieces they are today. Here is the video. Please feel free to leave any comments about the videos. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Pretty good stuff, eh?
I thought you’d enjoy that.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of the Luraco Legend Massage Chair - February 16, 2018
- Ogawa Smart 3D vs. Ogawa Touch 3D - February 5, 2018
- CES and Massage Chairs – 2018 - January 22, 2018
- 3D L-Track & The New Infinity Presidential Massage Chair - December 18, 2017
- Free Massage Chair Returns Through 12/31/17! - November 27, 2017