A couple of things have come across my desk this week that I thought you'd like to know about...
1. Osaki has introduced a new massage chair model, the OS-7075R. This chair is exactly like the OS-7000, except for two things: a.) the new 7075R will have mechanical foot rollers. Foot rollers seem to be all the rage right now, thanks in part to Infinite Therapeutics' success with the IT-8200 and IT-8500, both of which have mechanical foot rollers; and b.) the motor that powers the roller system in the OS-7075R has more horsepower, thus giving the roller mechanism a little more kick and firmness. So, yes, that means the OS-7075R has a little stronger roller system than the OS-7000. When I say it is exactly alike except for those two things, I also mean it looks exactly like it as well.
2. A a result of the new OS-7075R, Osaki will be discontinuing the OS-7000 once existing stock and shipments have been exhausted (I've got a black floor model for sale now, I guess. Give me a call at 801-651-2026 if you are interested in it!).
3. The brown Osaki OS-7000 massage chair is back ordered for 18 days for the BROWN color only and the Osaki OS-3000 in BROWN is back-ordered for 8 weeks.
4. Infinite Therapeutics is working on releasing another new model before the Christmas shopping season. I don't know much about it, but it will probably be a tweak to the current best-selling IT-8200 and IT-8500. I will let you know the moment I learn more.
5. Human Touch is back-ordered on the Espresso-colored HT-9500 until early November. Everything else is currently in stock.
Well, that's about it for today. You can also check out my biweekly Massage Chair Industry Update video for 10/23/12 here for more of the latest and greatest.
JUST A WARNING: we are getting close to the busiest season for massage chairs. If you are thinking of getting a massage chair for Christmas, my strong recommendation would be to buy now when stock is really good for all companies. If you want until later in November, you may be having to settle on models and colors that may not be your first choice. Just a word to the wise!
Dr. Alan Weidner