Infinite Therapeutics has introduced the IT-8500 massage chair as a step-up from the already popular IT-8100. In addition to a stretch program, the IT-8500 chair also boasts a spinal correction feature, full shoulder airbag massage, a headphone port for your own private music, 2 zero gravity positions, intersound technology, a more vigorous roller system, and much, much more. This is all in addition to the features you already expect from a massage chair: foot rollers, head rotation airbags, touch screen remote, mp3 music system, and full body airbags.
- Zero Gravity - 2 zero gravity positions to encourage a "weightless" position. Ideal for low back pain sufferers, the zero gravity function mimics the optimal position as determined by NASA's space program. Optimal weight distribution removes excessive pressure from any one part of your spine.
- Inversion Therapy - A full recline of the chair back, accompanied by the zero gravity seat positioning, produces an inversion effect to the spine, distracting the joints of the spine.
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - While most massage chairs have airbag compression of the feet and calves, the IT-8500 massage chair has 3 mechanical foot rollers that work the sole of each of your feet. Very soothing!!
- Foot and Calf Airbags - Airbag compression to enhance circulation of the blood and lymph from the legs to the heart.
- Spinal Correction - Shoulder airbags that compress the front of the shoulders and pin them back, while the rollers move up and down the spine. This feature will leave you feeling like you are standing taller and straighter after you have used this feature.
- Body Scan - The pinpoint body scan figures out the shape of your spine and the location of your spinal curves so that the chair can cater ever-so personally to your own particular body type.
- Seat Airbag Massage and Sway - The IT-8500 massage chair employs seat airbags that move the seat from side to side and up and down, enhancing passive motion to an area of the body that is very hard to reach without the assistance of an actual therapist. Fantastic feature if you have low back pain.
- Air Neck Massage - A gently rotation airbag massage relaxes the neck muscles and lulls you to sleep while the chair weaves it's magic.
- Accu-Roll Shoulder Massage - A full complement of shoulder airbags that will envelope your whole shoulder joint and give it the attention that is lacking in other massage chairs.
- Tru-Grip V Stretch - Airbags will grip your shoulders, arms, and lower body while the chair back and ottoman raise and lower...giving you a stretch you will both love and never forget.
- Lumbar Heat - The thickness of the body tissues in the low back makes warming up a hard thing to do. A lumbar heating element will assist in that process so that blood flows to those thick tissues a little quicker.
- Acuroll Neck & Shoulder Massage - This model utilizes 5 sensors to help assess and then provide the most accurate neck and shoulder massage.
- mp3 Music System - The music system includes a USB port for a jump drive full of your favorite music, external speakers, a headphone port so that you can enjoy your music in your own little space, and intersound technology, which basically is a speaker system that faces inward toward the user.
- 45' Program Timer - You can schedule your massage chair to be anywhere from 10-45 minutes long...the longest of any massage chair timer in the marketplace.
- 30.25" Roller Track
- 38 Total Airbags
Model Name: The Infinity IT-8500
Net Weight: 229 lbs
Power Voltage: AC110V - 120V 50Hz/60Hz
Power Consumption: 190W
Upright: 59 x 35.4 x 45.7 inches
Reclined: 74 x 35.4 x 36.2 inches
Here are some great email questions with my responses. I hope this helps someone out there! Customer Question #1 We are in the market for a chair. Which chair would be best…
The stretch program is a pretty standard auto program on most chairs nowadays. However, it can be quite different, depending on the roller track configuration. The “idea” of…
Customer Question #1 I had a friend, who lives in Salt Lake City, visit your store this summer and he evaluated and recommended the Panasonic MA73 and Inada DreamWave massage…
Customer Question #1 What are the differences (as far as the massage’s outcome is concerned) between the S-track and the L-track massage chairs? My Response #1 The major difference…
Customer Question #1 Hi, I am keen on purchasing a massage chair but my problem is that I need to know how safe they are. I have three compression fractures in my spine because…
The motivation behind writing this article about massage chairs for tall bodies is two-fold: I get lots of calls and visits from folks who are looking for a massage chair that…
In this post, Dr. Weidner interviews Dan Tibbetts, who is the owner of an Infinite Therapeutics IT-8500 massage chair. Dan is a retired man, with lots of issues with pain. …
In this post, Dr. Weidner interviews Garrett Hammerel, who at the time of this interview, had been the owner of an Infinite Therapeutics IT-8500 massage chair for a few months.…
In this post, Dr. Weidner demonstrates the shoulder airbags on the Osaki OS-3D Pro Dreamer massage chair.
The post Shoulder…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: special financing…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: an update on…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: an explanation…
3 new massage chair models have been introduced to the market, including 2 from Infinity and a new offering from Ogawa.
The post Massage…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the announcement…
Customer Question #1a Dear Alan, I have been searching for a good massage chair, but I’m having trouble deciding which chair would be best for me. Over the years I have tried…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: discontinued…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: stock announcements…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the price increases…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the stock status…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. The entire issue is full of extremely exciting announcements! The most…
In this post, Dr. Weidner discusses the features of the Panasonic MA73 massage chair that allow it to double as a regular recliner, when the chair is turned off. He also demonstrates…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most exciting items discussed in this issue are the addition…
In this post, Dr. Weidner introduces you to the Panasonic MA73 massage chair, which is a chair that can also serve as a regular recliner.
The post Introduction…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most exciting things discussed in this issue are an update…
Dr. Weidner answers emails from customers. This weeks includes a couple of questions about the Infinity IT-8500 and a question about Dreamwave airbags.
Infinity IT-8500 Massage Chair Reviews (55)
Jan 29, 2019 at 03:52 PM
We'd bought a very rudimentary massage chairs more than a dozen years ago. It basically used pressure to massage your calves and a roller track to do your back. Even though we didn't use it much, it finally broke late in 2018 and there was no way to get parts. But massage chair tech had advanced by leaps and bounds in the ensuing years. After starting my search online @ Costco, I decided to drive 30 minutes in the MCR store in Cerritos, merely wanting to sit in some actual examples of the new chairs to see if the improvements justified the higher prices. I was very pleased to meet and work with Mgr Michael. He was extremely knowledgeable and I never felt pressured. I'd be suffering from acute bursitis in one hip and had been treated by a local chiropractor for several months (no improvement), and had been sent to physical therapist by my doctor. Progress was also quite slow. But after buying this chair and using it at least 2x/day, I began to see marked improvement. After 26 PT sessions, I was recently discharged, and I continue to use the various settings on my 8500 at least 2x/day. I especially love the stretch of my lower back. And the customer service from MCR is second to none!
Apr 05, 2018 at 01:37 PM
I recently got my new chair from Massage-Chair-Relief in Cerritos.. I checked about 3 other large stores before I actually chose to drive close to an hour to this store.
I loved the way my questions were answered and it was clear to me that this store had the best service offer and price.
When I got there. I me Michael and after nearly 40 years in sales and service. I was VERY impressed with his knowledge and the way I was treated. I had to figure out an issue with the chair so I also called Infinity and they were very helpful and so far I would DEFINITELY go back to this store and also recommend anyone I knew looking for a chair to this store.
The follow up has also been phenomenal.
The chair is awesome.
Thanks again for the awesome chair, service and follow-up.
Dec 30, 2017 at 07:31 PM
We did a lot of research on chairs but reading about them and sitting in them are 2 different things. Everything we thought we wanted went out the window when we drove up to the california showroom and sat in them. The infinity 8500 gives the most incredible massage with the back stretch and hip twist. Michael the store manager is a great guy full of helpfull info. I really sugest going into the store and sitting in the chair you want. you will know your chair when you sit in it. Massage chair reliefs 90 day return takes the worry out of buying and not liking it and nobody else has a lifetime repair program. Thanks massage chair relief for the awesome massage chair experience.
Aug 21, 2017 at 07:09 PM
My husband and I chose the Infinity IT-8500 massage chair for its overall great performance in covering all the various massage needs we have. It is truly a full service chair.
A few weeks prior to buying this chair we purchased a different chair from Massage Chair Relief.
We continue to do business with this company because of their outstanding service. Our Sales Rep is a gentleman named Michael Nguyen. If you are considering a massage chair purchase you will be short changing your experience if you don't at least visit the store once and allow him to share his vast knowledge of their impressive array floor demonstrator models.
I love a really strong aggressive deep tissue massage chair. Because my issues were more severe than my husband's we purchased that type of chair first. (Osaki OS Pro Summit) Michael knew that this would
be the perfect chair for me but it was a bit too much for my husband. Because Michael Nguyen is such a great Sales Rep. he was able to put together a deal that was so attractive that we purchased this second chair to better accommodate my husband's needs. It's an incredibly high functioning chair.
My husband and I both give this chair, Massage Chair Relief and our Rep. Michael Nguyen Five Stars.
Aug 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM
I purchased a basic massage chair about 10 years ago -- the chair had back rollers and a couple of air bags for the feet. I was happy with it until I recently visited a Brookstone and sampled their most current massage chairs; the difference was quite amazing, and started me on my journey to get an updated chair.
Luckily, I live close to the Cerritos showroom, so I was able to spend some time there. Michael is quite an expert on massage chairs and, after evaluating my needs, suggested the Infinity 8500. The chair felt great, the price was right, and 10 days later is was installed in my home.
I am delighted with this chair. My family also loves it. Highly recommended! The stretching mode is a gift from heaven!
What's even more important than the initial purchase is the after-sale support. I did have an issue with one of the air bags in the legrest. I called Infinity, and they immediately sent out a new replacement legrest. No hastle, great service.
All in all, this was a stress-free purchase and I'm enjoying the chair.
Infinity IT-8500 Massage Chair