Some yoga poses taste a little bit sweeter than others. And if yoga were a smorgasbord, restorative postures would most definitely be at the dessert table. These soothing and well-supported poses offer us the opportunity to linger quietly for a few moments and savor the simple sweetness of life. In an ideal world every asana would feel restorative. But those that fall into the special category of restorative poses have a particular ability to leave us nourished and well rested. Don’t skimp on the props. Blocks, straps, chairs, walls, sandbags, eye bags, and pillows are all considered fair game.
- If you’re suffering from one or even all of these symptoms, it’s time to do something about it. Yoga is a great source of stress relief.
- The mind-body practice focuses on calming breaths, stretches, poses and relaxing meditation.
- All you need is a mat, a wall and, if you’re looking to deepen the stretch, a single yoga strap.
“Yoga is a great source of stress relief. The mind-body practice focuses on calming breaths, stretches, poses and relaxing meditation.”
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Mobility & Stretching - December 9, 2019
- Rare gene mutation gives rise to low sensitivity to physical problems - March 5, 2018
- Stress affects your health more than you may think - March 1, 2018
- Is your office job ruining your posture? - February 26, 2018
- Top 10 Accupressure Points For Pain Relief - February 22, 2018