The OHCO M.8 massage chair was introduced to the US market at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January 2019. It has been a top selling model ever since. There was some hoopla around it's launch, created by Furniture For Life, the distributor, as well as by the awaiting public. It is always amazing to me how informed some serious massage chair shoppers are when new stuff is on the horizon. It is a bit embarrassing, I'll admit, when a customer calls to ask me my opinion on some tidbit of information, or even a planned new product, and I don't know a thing about it.
The OHCO M.8 has some wonderful features, some of which are quite unique, i.e. swinging door side panels, an aromatherapy module, air ionizer, foot and calf rollers, thera-elliptical kneading calf airbags, massage rollers IN the head piece/pillow, the MaxTrack variation of the L-track roller system, and the Made in Japan claim.
Needless to say, it has been a very popular selling chair. Much less noticeable, yet created simultaneously with the M.8, is the OHCO M.Dx massage chair. This is a model very similar to the M.8 but lacking a few features, which I will outline in this article. It has recently gained some interest since it was featured in Costco, leading to this article, in order to dispel any confusion between the two very close models.
Here are the differences between the OHCO M.8 & OHCO M.Dx:
- As I mentioned above, the M.8 has a roller mechanism in the headpiece. The M.Dx does not have those rollers. Of course, it has a full length roller track which provides neck massage, along with the mid back, low back, and buttock massage, but it just doesn't have the second roller unit in the headpiece that the M.8 has.
- The M.Dx does not have the air ionizer and aromatherapy modules.
- The M.8 has heating elements in the rollers, feet, seat, palms, back, and neck pillow headpiece. The M.Dx has heating elements in the rollers, feet, seat, palms, and back...lacking only in the headpiece.
- While the color options of the M.8 include Saddle, Midnight, Walnut, Bordeaux, and Pearl, the M.Dx comes in only two colors: midnight black and walnut brown.
- Although the components of both the M.8 and M.Dx are manufactured in China, only the M.8 models have those components exported to Japan where assembly, quality-control testing, and programming are addressed. The whole manufacturing, assembly, testing, and programming of the M.Dx are done in China.
- 10 motors in the M.8 compared to 9 motors in the M.Dx. I assume the one missing motor has something to do with the rollers in the headpiece.
- Since the neck rollers are excluded from the M.Dx, this model only has 10 total rollers, as opposed to 12 total rollers in the M.8.
- The M.8 has approach lighting which illuminates in a dark room when someone approaches the chair. Great for visual effect AND protecting toes from beings stubbed!. The M.Dx has no such approach lighting.
- The M.8 is priced at $9799, while the M.Dx is priced at $9499.
Well, that's about it for the comparative differences between these two very similar models. I think it's safe to say that 8 out of the 9 differences really have very little, if any, bearing on the therapeutic massage benefits of both chairs. The neck rollers are the biggest difference between the two in terms of massage benefit.
Here are the similarities between the OHCO M.8 & OHCO M.Dx:
Both chairs have the MaxTrack roller system, 3D roller intensity depth adjustment, mechanical calf and root rollers, 76 air cells, 4 manual air programs, 7 manual massage programs, 12 auto programs, massage chair program linking, USB charge port, opening side door arm rests, a multilingual remote control, chromotherapy, BlueTooth compatability, and look exactly the same. I would say you are not missing much by choosing the M.Dx over the M.8 massage chair.
I hope this assists you in deciding which one would be the better option for your health needs.
Dr. Alan Weidner
P.S. Give us a "Like" or "Share" and leave me a comment or question below to share what you learned or ask any questions, so other folks can benefit from this material.