The Osaki OS-Pro Maxim is another in a great line of L-track chair options. This model has a 47" extended roller track accompanied with mechanical foot rollers, 22 airbags, zero gravity, chromotherapy, Bluetooth connectivity, and a touch screen remote control for a very user-friendly experience.
A portion of every sale goes to the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- L-Track - The Osaki Maxim employs the most popular massage chair feature to come along in years...the extended roller track, aka the L-track. This feature extends the back rollers down under the buttocks and to the hamstrings, to provide a much more comprehensive massage experience. Of course, the chair still has a contoured S-track configuration for a comfortable massage of the back and neck.
- Touch Screen Remote Control - The touch screen combined with a large, easy-to-read display, makes the Osaki Maxim an easy chair to use.
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Dual foot rollers underneath each foot provides soothing acupressure and reflexology therapy, which will provide a deeper massage for your feet.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Now you can enjoy your own playlists and music selections simply by connecting your iPhone or Android device to the Osaki Maxim via the Bluetooth connectivity feature. This will make your massage experience that much more enjoyable and personal.
- Next Generation Air Massage Technology - This new technology involves less airbags and valves, but actually covers more of your body for an even comprehensive air massage. This newer technology affects the arms and hands, feet and calves, the hips, seat, and waist, as well as the shoulders.
- LED Chromotherapy Lighting - On the outside of each armrest the chair houses LED blue lighting, which will set the mood for healing when you turn down the room light.
- Zero Gravity - NASA inspired the whole zero gravity phenomenon with the seating configuration in their spacecrafts. The positioning was designed to minimize the stress on the low back from traditional seating. The 30 degree tilt of the seat and the 120 degree angle between seat and chair back have revolutionized the seat positioning in massage chairs. The Maxim has this optimal zero gravity positioning.
- Lower Back Heat Therapy - Heating pads in the waist area of both sides of the spine provide a relaxing way to prep your muscles for massage therapy. Feel your stress and discomfort ease away when the heating function is deployed!
Recommended User Height (approx.): 5'4 - 6'4"
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 240
Power Consumption (Watts): 220
Colors: Black, Brown, Ivory
Weight (lbs): 253
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 45x31x63
Warranty (parts & labor/parts/frame): 1y/2y/3y
# Motors: 7
Manufacture Country: China
New Osaki Titan Models Osaki Titan just announced the arrival of some new models and the discontinuing of some less popular ones. Here are the new ones, and you can see each of…
Osaki OS-Pro Maxim Massage Chair Reviews (9)
Mar 01, 2017 at 06:31 PM
I bought the osaki pro maxium chair from massage chair relief .com as far as the chair goes it is a very nice chair, looks nice and massages great. The price was great they beat any other store I shopped as far as the customer service, dealing with them is 2nd to none they follow up not just once but serveral times to make sure you are happy. the chair came in less than a week set up was very easy to do. I would recommend MASSAGE CHAIR RELIEF .COM to any one looking for a massage chair they are fantastic to deal with and not at all pushy and will give you good recomendations for products in the price range you can afford!!
Feb 10, 2017 at 03:32 PM
I have had the chair about 3 weeks now and am very satisfied. I have used it every day and see myself doing so for years to come. Alrighty, let's get down to it!
ORDERING AND SHIPPING
First of all, Dr. Weidner's Youtube reviews and demonstrations were invaluable. There are limited options in my city for massage chairs and certainly nobody with any expertise. In watching the Youtube reviews, reading the information on the Massage-Chair-Relief website and reading the reviews from other buyers, I feel like I was able to whittle down my "must-haves" and find the chair that was right for me. Don't get me wrong, I buzzed all over the internet reading reviews from every site that sells chairs, but Dr. Weidner's site provided the most thorough information and "felt" like the right place to buy my chair. It's a huge investment for something I didn't get to sit in, so feeling like I could trust the people I bought it from was important to me. I actually found this chair on sale on a different website for a bit less. But, I was very hesitant to order from them. It felt more like a drop-ship website, as opposed to Massage-Chair-Relief and Dr. Weidner, who clearly have a store and expertise in this field. Massage-Chair-Relief advertises price matching, so I emailed Dr. Weidner and he was very willing to match. I bought the chair that same day.
The email communications from Massage-Chair-Relief were very thorough and provided me piece of mind of what to expect and when. The local delivery company was also exceptional, calling when the chair arrived in my city and scheduled a time for delivery, which they met. The boxes were in perfect condition and everything arrived safely.
The chair was delivered to our garage, so we had to unpack and haul it in. My husband and I were able to do so with little trouble. However, my husband, who will turn 50 this year, told me that if I ever order anything else heavy, I am to purchase the "white glove delivery", as he is "getting too old for this". So, take that as you will. The chair is heavy, no doubt about that, but not impossible to move with at least 2 people, if you are able-bodied without back problems. However, if you need to move it upstairs, get white glove or find a couple of able-bodied 20 year-old boys to do it for you. Also, it DOES fit through a standard door opening, no problem.
Assembly was very easy and the instructions were clear. They even provide a screwdriver in the box! My biggest problem was that my readers kept falling off my face when I was trying to line up the arms and the room had inadequate lighting, so I was essentially doing the minor assembly blind. Still, had that baby up and running in 30 minutes.
THE LOOK, FEEL AND SMELL
We purchased the brown chair. It looks great. Nice dark brown leather color. As stated by another reviewer, it is clearly not leather, but it is high qualify vinyl. I do not have a concern that it will wear poorly. It should look as good as it does now for years to come. Very faint vinyl type smell for a couple days after assembly, but it was not at all overwhelming and is completely gone.
The high tech remote is like a little tablet. Very nice and high end. I sat in a Dreamwave at a store in town and it still has a button remote. This one is much fancier! And is that important? Not necessarily, but if I am buying something that costs thousands of dollars, I want the remote to be modern. It is also very intuitive. The manual gives instructions for the remote, but it is easy to figure out by just tapping around.
FIT AND FEEL
I am 5'6", medium build. My husband is 6' and larger build with wide shoulders. We both fit comfortably. Our cat, Huckleberry, is about 12 pounds and also fits comfortably. :) (Seriously, there is a little divot where your rear fits and it fits Huckleberry perfectly. He loves sleeping in it.) Head rest is adjustable and removable, if you want those rollers in firm contact with your head and neck. Remote is mounted where you can see it and review your massage progress. Very nice if you want to simply reach up and tap it to change a setting. No fumbling around for your remote.
MASSAGE EVALUATION - FROM THE HEAD DOWN - AHHHHHHHH!
HEAD: The rollers do go up my head about halfway, which I really like.
NECK: The rollers are adjustable in width, so you can get a good range of massage on your neck.
SHOULDERS: I think it does a pretty good job! I don't think there is a chair out there that can do shoulders like a human hand could do (down on top, around the front, etc.), but this chair does a good job. If you scooch-down just right, you can really work that area, if you that is a need for you. It also has air bags. Not tremendous pressure there, but enough to adjust you and align you for maximum roller effectiveness.
BACK: Simply amazing. Variable pressures, variable massage techniques. Follows the s-curve of your back, so balanced pressure all the way up and down, and side to side (again with the adjustable width). I am IN LOVE with the rolling on width 1. It give you that steady rolling pressure right along side your spine. Completely wonderful.
ARMS: I think the arms may be the weakest part of the chair for me. When you are reclined, your arms pull back and the air bags end up only getting my hands. It would be nice if the arm airbags where longer, to get the full forearm. Note, this chair does NOT do upper arms. Airbags at shoulders and forearm/hand only.
HIPS: Airbags at the hips. Not very intense. They are "okay".
REAREND: As this is an L-track chair, the rollers scoop up under your derriere quite nicely. Full extension goes just past my buttocks to maybe an inch or two of my upper legs. Having your rear massaged is surprisingly relaxing. You don't realize your butt gets kind of sore when you work at a desk all day.
CALVES: This is airbag only, no roller. On the "stretch" program - OH DEAR GOD - the calf airbag is BRUTAL! Took me a couple times on that setting to realize I could just turn the pressure down on the remote. Be smarter than me and do that the FIRST time! I actually had a bruise on my calf after the first Stretch program attempt. On the other programs, the calf is pleasant and not painful.
FEET: ROLLERS!!!! If you love your feet rubbed like I do, you want rollers. You have to trust me on this. There are also airbags. So squeezing and rolling. It's lovely. I think the pressure of the rollers is just fine. I have plantar fasciitis, so the pressure feels good to me.
OTHER ITEMS TO NOTE:
- Leg length is fully adjustable. It automatically adjusts when it starts up a program, but you can also manually adjust it at any time during any program.
- To that end, this chair is fully adjustable. Legs up and down, in and out. Back up and down. You can make this chair fit you comfortably.
- Many automatic programs. 12, I think? I have tried them all and they are all great. There is even an "older vitality" program, if you have someone who may like a less intense massage.
- Customizable massage. You can tailor your own massage session. Just want 15 minutes of rolling massage down your back - you've got it! Want to just do your feet - sure why not! Want to focus on your neck? Use the spot function! Mid-back hurting? Use the partial function! Do what you want, when you want.
- Lots of massage types. Swedish, rolling, tapping, vibration, etc. (See the description for the full list.)
- Zero gravity. You can get a massage in several positions - sitting up, laid back (remember fully adjustable) and zero gravity. The massages feel different based on your position. Very nice. Zero gravity is very relaxing - all pressure gone.
- Bluetooth. This is one thing you don't think you need, but gosh darnit, it is great! I lay there and listen to audio books. My husband listens to the news or music. It really takes you into your own little world. A mental break as well as the physical one.
- Lighting. It has lights around the speakers and on the side of the chair. Frankly, I don't notice, as my eyes are closed, but Huckleberry, who lays on my chest as I get massaged, likes the way they change color and come on and off.
And here is one little piece of advice... DON'T FIGHT THE MASSAGE. When we first started using the chair, we thought it was a bit too hard. But then I realized we were fighting it. Bracing against the rollers, tightening our muscles, arching our backs. You have to relax into it. Turn into jelly and let the chair do the work. I feel so much looser and more relaxed during the day because of the chair. Like I'm not a ball of tension anymore. It is a good thing.
All and all - this chair is great for the price. If your must haves are neck, shoulders, back, L-track and rollers in the feet, this is the chair. If you want a heavy focus on arms or a lot of twisting yoga-type stretching, you might look at some others. No chair does everything, but this one does all the things I need it to and I am very happy.
And very happy with Massage-Chair-Relief and Dr. Weidner. Superior customer service and follow-up. You can trust buying here.
Hope this has been helpful and I remembered everything!! Enjoy whatever chair you decide to get! (And if you are just window shopping and haven't decided if you should make the investment, I understand. I thought about it for a long time and did lots of research. This is not a small investment. But for me, I was a ball of stress all the time and carried it as tension in my body. I got this chair for me, because I don't want to feel like that all the time. It has helped a lot. Be kind to yourself and trust your gut to know if having massages often will help you. If so, take the leap.)
Feb 07, 2017 at 05:18 PM
Lots of info. shared. So far pleased with the chair. For the price it's a fair deal. Not quite as good of a massage as wished for, but it's a hit for my husband. I'm very impressed and happy with the customer service. There seems to be a glitch in one roller, but we have a warranty so will assess a bit further before we know exactly what it is.
Jan 31, 2017 at 02:42 AM
Have had this chair for about a month. Its fantastic! Gives a great massage, all the programs are great. I highly recommend. No regrets at all.
One tip- we got the white glove service and I wasnt home to try out the chair when they came to install it. When I did get home and first tried it, the airbags wouldnt inflate. Dr Weidner referred me to Osaki to resolve the issue under the warranty and after a few days of back and forth with Osaki I reached the right person who was able to determine that the installers hadnt connected one of the hoses and he talked me through fixing it (took 5 mins). So prob best not to rely on the white glove guys to know whether the chair is really working or not when they finish putting it together... They clearly either hadnt tried the chair or didnt know what it was supposed to do when working correctly. So you need to test it yourself before they leave. (or just assemble it yourself I guess).
But otherwise seamless process of selecting, delivery etc and again the chair is great.
Jan 17, 2017 at 09:43 PM
I had a chance to try this chair at a local store, but it was $400 more (and another $240 in taxes). I stumbled on to Dr. Alan's website ,and I can truly say he is an awesome guy. He answered all my questions (usually within hours), and made evey part of the process enjoyable. I even liked the little gift set he sent while I was waiting for the chair.
Now on to the chair. I have the same experiences with the chair as the other reviewers, it is an nice comfortable chair. The programs are sufficient, and I really enjoy the space saving design.
A bit of advice, do not use the Men's Health program until you are used to the chair, it was really vigorous (I then put a towel and its all fine)....just kidding....it is an awesome chair!
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Alan, his video's, and quick responses really made this a very enjoyable experience. I hope I never have to call him, due to the unlimited labor warranty...lololol
Osaki OS-Pro Maxim Massage Chair