Luraco has done it again, this time with the iRobotics 7 Plus massage chair. It's feature-set includes a powerful operating system managed from the first touch screen remote control that actually looks and feels like a smart phone, a 32" roller track to get to the top of the buttocks muscles, a health monitoring feature, full body heating elements (feet, seat, & back), a 3-tiered calf & foot massage, memory capability so that you can "re-use" a customized program that you really like, leather touch points, 3D roller intensity adjustment, mechanical foot rollers, Bluetooth technology and speakers, all with a 3 year in home warranty! Not to mention that this chair is assembled and quality controlled in the USA, with American and imported Taiwanese parts. An extraordinary massage chair with a very rich set of features.
- Made in the USA! - This is the first massage chair built in the USA with a few components imported from Taiwan. Designed, engineered, assembled in Dallas, Texas by Luraco Technologies. Luraco is a military contractor as well as having branched out into other health and beauty products. Previous to creating the iRobotics 7 massage chair for the general public, Luraco became well known and respected in the spa industry for their pedicure massage chairs.
- Touch Screen Remote Control - A first in the massage chair industry, Luraco has integrated a touch screen remote working on a very powerful operating system that looks and feels just like your smart phone. This chair incorporates a pause button to stop a program whenever the need arises but allows you to pick up right where you left off when you start it up again.
- 5 Memory Settings - When you customize your massage and find that it has all the perfect settings for your spine, good luck trying to reproduce it tomorrow when you use the chair again. Now, you can memorize your favorite sessions for up to 5 users so that when you return to your chair, your customized program can be turned on right away.
- Zero Gravity - All the rage in massage chairs today, the zero gravity function for stress and low back pain relief has been integrated into the iRobotics 7.
- Modern Styling & Design - The design is quite contemporary looking and feels quite comfortable to the user. It's stylish design will be a wonderful accent to any room in any home or business.
- Comprehensive Airbag System - The iRobotics 7 massage chair has an 100 airbag system that provides therapy for the head, neck, shoulders, upper arm, forearm, hands and fingers, seat, back, calves and feet.
- 3D Roller Massage - You can adjust the rollers forward or back to increase or decrease the intensity of the massage. PLUS you can adjust the intensity of different parts of your back independent of each other. So, if you want deep and your significant other wants gentle, you have the flexibility in this chair to cater to both of you!If you want intense in your neck, but less intense in your back, you can do that too!
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Each foot massager has a double foot roller to really give your reflexology points a work over!
- Full Body Heat - Luraco has strategically placed heating elements in the feet, seat, and back to give the most comprehensive warming system to help soothe your back during your massage session.
- Airbag Massage Intensity Adjustment - The airbag intensity can be adjusted up or down with the push of one button. If the default air massage is too intense or too soft, pushing this one button can customize the intensity for the user's sensitivities.You can also adjust the intensity of the feet independent of the arms/hands and calves
- 3-Tiered Calf and Foot Massage - An additional layer of airbags in the calf region facilitates for a greater and more comprehensive calf massage. Most chairs are two-tiered, but the 3-tiered system will really do a great job on your sore calves.
- Ottoman Leg Length Adjustment - This chair can cater to body frames as tall as 6'7" and as short as 4'7". The fitting of these body sizes is made possible by the extending and retracting ottoman mechanism.
- 9 Auto Programs - Programs designed to fix whatever ails you. With the simple push of one button you can have 20 minutes of soothing massage...all pre-programmed for your benefit and enjoyment.
- Body Stretching - A unique and advanced body stretching program introduces utter relaxation and therapy to a compressed spine.
- Body Scan Technology - The chair will scan your spine and body shape to allow this massage chair to give you the customized and soothing massage possible. The chair will make the massage fit your body rather than the other way around. .
- BlueTooh & MP3 Music System - Pair your device to the chair through the BlueTooth function and listen to your music on great sounding speakers. An ultra clean music system that will give you better quality sound than most competing models in the marketplace.
- Exceptional Warranty - Luraco offers a 3 year parts and labor, in-home warranty for this chair (PLUS 2 more years of parts!).
- 32" Vertical Massage Track - A 32" vertical roller track assures that the chair will hit the highest and lowest points of your spine, including the top of your gluteal muscles. The rollers give you a great neck and upper back massage, but also hit the lower back for back pain sufferers.
- Voice Response System - The chair can communicate with the user in English, Spanish, French, or Vietnamese, the first chair of it's kind to cater to customers who speak different languages.
- Leather Touch Points - Genuine leather wherever the chair touches your skin. So, your neck, feet, and arms will be resting on premium, comfortable leather upholstery
- Noise Reduction Technology - New technology provides a quieter massage chair, thus making your massage experience much more relaxing.
- Optional Health Monitoring System - Luraco has created the first and only medical massage chair that uses patented integrated health monitoring features that allow the user to measure blood pressure and heart rate.
Recommended User Height (approx.): 4'7" - 6'7"'
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 300
Power Consumption (Watts): 150
Weight (lbs): 265
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 48 x 38 x 60
Warranty (parts & labor/parts): 3 yr/5 yr
# Motors: 12
Manufacture Country: USA
As you may or may not know, I have spoken out a number of times about what it really means for a chair to be “Made in Japan” or “Made in Korea” or anywhere else in the world, other…
A few years ago, I downloaded a sound meter app on my phone and took readings from all of the chairs on my Utah showroom floor to determine which one was the quietest. It was an…
Here are some great email questions with my responses. I hope this helps someone out there! Customer Question #1 We are in the market for a chair. Which chair would be best for…
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair Reviews (49)
Dec 13, 2016 at 07:08 AM
I just purchased this chair and it arrived last week. The white glove service was absolutely worth it! They did a great job. In ordering the chair, talking with Dr. Alan was very helpful and he was always in contact with me to inform me of the chair's status. Now for the chair itself, what a great chair, so far no complaints, and I have tried every program the chair has to offer. I have had a severe Achilles problem in my left foot, and when the chair stretches you it grabs hold and pulls and it was able to get whatever kink was in their out, I haven't been pain free in my heel for months and in a few quick sessions I'm pain free. I strongly recommend this chair if you are looking into getting one. I can see it is going to be a great investment into my long term health, yes it is on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. Again Highly recommended
Dec 06, 2016 at 02:54 PM
I was going to write a review on the Luraco chair we've had a few weeks now, but after reading the review from DA Petrun I don't know that a can add anything else. That was a very complete review and I can't disagree with any analysis of the chair as both the good and bad points were addressed. The good features far outweigh the shortcomings.
We've had 7 people use the chair for at least a 30 min massage and everyone has been very impressed with the results.
As for buying from Massage Chair Relief, I couldn't recommend buying from anyone other than them.
Michael was the only person I had direct dealings with and he was very helpful, very professional, and very honest with me. He was easy to reach by text or phone, even helping me after the sale when I contacted him on Thanksgiving day and interrupted him during the Cowboys game. I never had the impression that I wasn't appreciated as a valued customer before, during, or after purchase. Now maybe Michael wouldn't have been so pleasant to work with on Thanksgiving Day had the Cowboys been losing, but I somehow doubt he would have treated me any differently. It's too bad that all companies that I've done business with over the years haven't been as enjoyable to deal with as Michael and Massage Chair Relief.
I would highly recommend both the Luraco iRobotics 7 and Massage Chair Relief. There are tons of other chairs out there and many places to purchase and believe me, I am they type of guy who researches everything I spend my dollars on as thoroughly as possible, but save yourself the time and just call Michael and get this chair if you're serious about getting the best product and the best price and the absolute best service.
Nov 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM
This is my review of the Luraco iRobotics 7 Massage Chair I purchased and received in
September 2016. I will start out by simply saying I LOVE THIS CHAIR! However, I
have absolutely no experience with any other manufacturer's massage chair to compare
it with so, obviously, my comments should reflect my lack of experience here.
The chair arrived a week or so after ordering. It shipped via truck freight from Texas in
two boxes shrink wrapped and banded together onto it's own pallet. The boxes were
double reinforced cardboard and both were in perfect condition with no holes or crushed
corners. The contents were well padded and protected (like an $8,000 purchase should
be). The driver used his truck's lift gate and a pallet jack to facilitate the delivery to my
driveway. The smaller box contained the arms of the chair and was also well padded/
protected. The larger main box that housed the body of the chair weighed in at over
240 lbs. and is about the size of a riding lawn tractor which, coincidently, is what I used
to get my chair around to the back of the house to the double sliding glass doors. To
say getting this chair into the house by oneself is somewhat difficult would be a huge
understatement!! It took a refrigerator dolly and an automotive floor jack as well as
some nylon lifting straps but I was able to do it all by myself. WARNING: I WOULD
NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS BY YOURSELF!!! There is a good reason the online
videos skip over the removal of the chair from the box, because it's one heavy beast!!!
I removed the top of the box then cut the two front 10" corners of the lower box. Lifting
up the footwells of the chair I wrapped a nylon strap around the chair frame to lift and tilt
the front of the chair onto it's two rear wheels to drive it out of the box. But the two small
rear wheels were no match for the thick berber carpet and I had to rely on several
furniture sliders to easily maneuver the chair into it's final position. From there on it was
all downhill. Connecting the arms of the chair (with a revised and much improved
method over the original) was quick and simple that anyone can do it. No tools are
needed but Luraco included needle nose pliers for connecting the air hoses but a strong
pair of fingers will work too. After connecting a couple of hoses and a few quick connect
wires I was all set to test it out.
It has been said that the control panel of the iRobotic 7 massage chair is like that of an
iPhone (or a smart phone if you're an Apple hater) but this is not exactly true. It looks
similar to an iPhone but it's operation is no where as smooth. The ease and simplicity
of an iPhone interface was a major deciding factor for my massage chair purchase but
the actual operation of the Luraco control panel initially left me a little disappointed.
However, I have come to accept it's shortcomings. Choosing any massage works as it
should but the synaptic feedback of the touch screen is not consistent. When the chair
is processing an initial command it may disregard an immediate secondary input until
the first is completed. Again, not every command, just some. And the "home" button
has no detent or positive feedback when it is depressed. You're pushing a particular
spot on a piece of glass and it often doesn't respond. Frequently it takes numerous
attempts of pressing the "Home" or "On/Off" button and this is most frustrating! It also
seems to require an extra hard push input before it will work which is opposite of all the
other on screen inputs or commands. Just the "Home / On/Off" button, nothing else.
Perhaps, I have a bad control head or this is just something that Luraco will have to
work on to improve. I don't know. I will get around to contacting Luraco eventually and
give them an opportunity to resolve this.
The initial body scan the chair conducts is fairly accurate but I found myself tweaking
the measurements a little (and intensities) to my liking and saving these settings in my
own "User" settings. I like a firm massage and I found the first few weeks of using the
chair I was most comfortable using the default middle of the road intensities on most all
preprogrammed massages offered. Within a month of daily use (often several times a
day) I found myself removing the back pad and neck pad to get the most intensity out of
each massage. I am now using the highest "5" intensity settings on all areas of every
preprogrammed massage offered, as well as all the manual massage settings too.
I read a review where one woman immediately returned her iRobotics 7 chair because it
was simply too harsh of a massage for her. I think if she had waited and became more
accustomed to the chair's softer intensity settings (which was obviously still too harsh
for her) she may have found the chair to be acceptable after all. I know that my wife is a
real super sissy when it comes to her massages and after a month of almost daily use
she has accepted the chair to be most comfortable for her on the middle "3" settings
with the back pad in place. But she cringed and made loud noises for the first few
I find the (upside down "U" shaped) neck pad with the little air bellows on the bottom to
be pretty useless. When inflated they are intended to push down on the top of your
shoulders but they merely push the head piece sliding up on the back of your neck.
This makes the air bellows feel like little butterflies landing on your shoulders. Totally
worthless! Maybe adding some Super Vel-Cro to the back of the neck pad to keep it
from sliding would be an improvement I may try someday. (NOTE: This likely won't
work because your head will move to a different position when the chair is reclined).
The other lackluster feature I will comment on are the speakers. They are better than
no speakers at all. They are located in the base of the chair and are of mediocre
quality. Obviously, if there were room the speakers would be best located in the "U"
shaped neck pad near your ears. I find my Bose noise canceling headphones plugged
into my iPhone's oldies the best way to relax in my massage chair. (Not that I need
noise canceling, NOT AT ALL). The chair is very quiet and extremely well made. It is
built like a tank but without the loud explosive ordnances.
I would like to recommend to Luraco that they (like Apple has done) make available a
SDK (Software Developers Kit) for the would be programmers out there that would be
willing and able to develop (and sell) their own version(s) of preprogrammed massages
that may vary to a users own preference well beyond what Luraco has offered but within
Luraco's guidelines. This would make uploading massage changes for the chair new
and unique that no other massage chair company has yet been able to do. Luraco
already has the ability to upload changes to their chair and would likely require little
effort on Luraco's part to implement an exciting SDK's upgrade making a small profit for
Luraco as well as the programmer and achieve a happier massage chair owner as well.
At 63 years of age, I have been told by numerous doctors I have the X-rays and body of
a much older man. I have a bad lower back (spinal stenosis) and due to a motor vehicle
accident a few years ago had a hip replacement. I use to visit a chiropractor quite often
back as far as my high school days. But I haven't had a successful chiropractic visit in
20 years or more. My body has become just too tight to get any adjustments no matter
how hard ANY chiropractor has tried. I get lower back aches constantly after being on
my feet for a short time. The longer I stand the worse it gets. Walking any distance is
hard and running is just out of the question. But this chair has improved my stamina
and overall well being by at least 50%!!!!!!! I know that may sound like a bold statement
but it is true, for me at least. I have less back pain for longer periods of time and I can
stand or walk considerably longer than I use to just a few months ago.
I find this chair is quickly able to relax my entire body and within a few minutes of
massage I often feel my lower vertebrae "pop" back into place and occasionally my
middle back as well. This has made for many a well nights rest and a deep sleep I
rarely got before receiving my chair. My neighbor was blown away when he used the
chair after pulling a muscle in his back. He fell asleep in 5 minutes while using it and
later raved about how good this chair felt. Said I should have bought it BEFORE we
went on vacation (because he has access to our house). If you have the aches and
pains of the older generation out there, or have a younger body with a few sports
related injuries to nurse, or just have to be on your feet all day then you would welcome
the relief any massage chair would give you. If you can afford it, I would get the best
money can buy. If not, get the best you can reasonably afford. Either way, you will
enjoy the relaxation and comfort a massage chair will give your entire body.
Initially, I had no intent on spending anywhere near several thousand $'s for a massage
chair but I decided to research who's massage chair had the best features out there and
what those features were. I read many reviews from many different web-sites but found
25 consistent 5 star ratings for Luraco's iRobotics 7 massage chair on Amazon
impossible to ignore. No, Amazon isn't where I bought my chair from but the consistent
reviews on Amazon lead me to further research and I quickly found myself on Massage-Chair-Relief.com.
This was the ultimate treasure cove of information in the massage
chair industry by far! It seems the owner is a former chiropractor and has done his due
diligence in reporting all the information available from all the well known and reputable
massage chair manufacturer's into one very informative web site. Dr. Alan Weidner has
done countless YouTube videos of informative reviews and How To's and offers the best
deal in the industry. He has a 90 day trial period and will ad his own labor warranty to
Luraco's parts warranty for free. This man is like dealing with a long lost uncle you
didn't know you had! He is a very pleasant individual with absolutely no sales pressure
whatsoever. He has two brick and mortar stores, one in Salt Lake City, UT and the
other in Los Angeles. His showrooms are full of many different models and price levels.
His massage chair knowledge is supreme from anywhere else. He has done a great
deal of work on his web site and continues to do so in his videos every week. He
deserved my business and he will likely deserve your business as well.
A few nit pickings aside, I think the Luraco iRobotics 7 is an excellent massage chair
overall. It appears to be very well constructed and very quiet. Luraco has made design
changes and improvements from the original chair design and hopefully they will
continue to evolve to maintain Luraco's place as having one of the best massage chairs
in the industry.
I hope you find this review to be helpful and informative. Tell the doc I asked about him:
"What's up doc?"
Oct 17, 2016 at 06:47 PM
Thank you Dr Alan Weidner for your time and wonderful advice in helping us buy the best massage chair for your whole body from your toes to your head. This is a wonderful chair and you won't regret the purchase.
Oct 14, 2016 at 05:41 PM
Alan and the staff are great. Quickly called in a change on the color after I ordered. Kept me informed as to shipping status. Chair arrive in less than a week from order date.
This is my first massage chair, it is definitely a great investment.
Chair is great, biggest issue is my wife keeps taking it. I have literally been falling asleep in the chair during the massage.
The variety of standard programs is very good,
I did not get the white glove service, but the chair was easy to put together. If you have a lot of stair steps, I would recommend the white glove since the chair is heavy.
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair