Luraco has done it again, this time with the iRobotics 7 Plus massage chair. It's feature-set includes a powerful operating system managed from the first touch screen remote control that actually looks and feels like a smart phone, a 32" roller track to get to the top of the buttocks muscles, a health monitoring feature, full body heating elements (feet, seat, & back), a 3-tiered calf & foot massage, memory capability so that you can "re-use" a customized program that you really like, leather touch points, 3D roller intensity adjustment, mechanical foot rollers, Bluetooth technology and speakers, all with a 3 year in home warranty! Not to mention that this chair is assembled and quality controlled in the USA, with American and imported Taiwanese parts. An extraordinary massage chair with a very rich set of features.
- Made in the USA! - This is the first massage chair built in the USA with a few components imported from Taiwan. Designed, engineered, assembled in Dallas, Texas by Luraco Technologies. Luraco is a military contractor as well as having branched out into other health and beauty products. Previous to creating the iRobotics 7 massage chair for the general public, Luraco became well known and respected in the spa industry for their pedicure massage chairs.
- Touch Screen Remote Control - A first in the massage chair industry, Luraco has integrated a touch screen remote working on a very powerful operating system that looks and feels just like your smart phone. This chair incorporates a pause button to stop a program whenever the need arises but allows you to pick up right where you left off when you start it up again.
- 5 Memory Settings - When you customize your massage and find that it has all the perfect settings for your spine, good luck trying to reproduce it tomorrow when you use the chair again. Now, you can memorize your favorite sessions for up to 5 users so that when you return to your chair, your customized program can be turned on right away.
- Zero Gravity - All the rage in massage chairs today, the zero gravity function for stress and low back pain relief has been integrated into the iRobotics 7.
- Modern Styling & Design - The design is quite contemporary looking and feels quite comfortable to the user. It's stylish design will be a wonderful accent to any room in any home or business.
- Comprehensive Airbag System - The iRobotics 7 massage chair has an 100 airbag system that provides therapy for the head, neck, shoulders, upper arm, forearm, hands and fingers, seat, back, calves and feet.
- 3D Roller Massage - You can adjust the rollers forward or back to increase or decrease the intensity of the massage. PLUS you can adjust the intensity of different parts of your back independent of each other. So, if you want deep and your significant other wants gentle, you have the flexibility in this chair to cater to both of you!If you want intense in your neck, but less intense in your back, you can do that too!
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Each foot massager has a double foot roller to really give your reflexology points a work over!
- Full Body Heat - Luraco has strategically placed heating elements in the feet, seat, and back to give the most comprehensive warming system to help soothe your back during your massage session.
- Airbag Massage Intensity Adjustment - The airbag intensity can be adjusted up or down with the push of one button. If the default air massage is too intense or too soft, pushing this one button can customize the intensity for the user's sensitivities.You can also adjust the intensity of the feet independent of the arms/hands and calves
- 3-Tiered Calf and Foot Massage - An additional layer of airbags in the calf region facilitates for a greater and more comprehensive calf massage. Most chairs are two-tiered, but the 3-tiered system will really do a great job on your sore calves.
- Ottoman Leg Length Adjustment - This chair can cater to body frames as tall as 6'7" and as short as 4'7". The fitting of these body sizes is made possible by the extending and retracting ottoman mechanism.
- 9 Auto Programs - Programs designed to fix whatever ails you. With the simple push of one button you can have 20 minutes of soothing massage...all pre-programmed for your benefit and enjoyment.
- Body Stretching - A unique and advanced body stretching program introduces utter relaxation and therapy to a compressed spine.
- Body Scan Technology - The chair will scan your spine and body shape to allow this massage chair to give you the customized and soothing massage possible. The chair will make the massage fit your body rather than the other way around. .
- BlueTooh & MP3 Music System - Pair your device to the chair through the BlueTooth function and listen to your music on great sounding speakers. An ultra clean music system that will give you better quality sound than most competing models in the marketplace.
- Exceptional Warranty - Luraco offers a 3 year parts and labor, in-home warranty for this chair (PLUS 2 more years of parts!).
- 32" Vertical Massage Track - A 32" vertical roller track assures that the chair will hit the highest and lowest points of your spine, including the top of your gluteal muscles. The rollers give you a great neck and upper back massage, but also hit the lower back for back pain sufferers.
- Voice Response System - The chair can communicate with the user in English, Spanish, French, or Vietnamese, the first chair of it's kind to cater to customers who speak different languages.
- Leather Touch Points - Genuine leather wherever the chair touches your skin. So, your neck, feet, and arms will be resting on premium, comfortable leather upholstery
- Noise Reduction Technology - New technology provides a quieter massage chair, thus making your massage experience much more relaxing.
- Optional Health Monitoring System - Luraco has created the first and only medical massage chair that uses patented integrated health monitoring features that allow the user to measure blood pressure and heart rate.
Recommended User Height (approx.): 4'7" - 6'7"'
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 300
Power Consumption (Watts): 150
Weight (lbs): 265
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 48 x 38 x 60
Warranty (parts & labor/parts): 3 yr/5 yr
# Motors: 12
Manufacture Country: USA
As you may or may not know, I have spoken out a number of times about what it really means for a chair to be “Made in Japan” or “Made in Korea” or anywhere else in the world, other…
A few years ago, I downloaded a sound meter app on my phone and took readings from all of the chairs on my Utah showroom floor to determine which one was the quietest. It was an…
Here are some great email questions with my responses. I hope this helps someone out there! Customer Question #1 We are in the market for a chair. Which chair would be best for…
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair Reviews (48)
Feb 04, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Probably like many of you, my first massage chair experience was in an airport while waiting for a flight. I believe it was an Osaki model, but I wasn't sure which one. I just knew it really helped me get from Honolulu to San Fran in economy with less pain than I experienced on the way over there. I was hunting for good deals, and while I loved the features of this chair, it didn't fit in the "good deal" category to me. I started out speaking with Chris, and from there spoke with Michael, and lastly had a long email exchange with Dr. Weidner. All of them pointed me to this chair. Since I had no way to compare different models in my area, I asked them some tough questions; like whether their commission is higher on these chairs since they push them so strongly. I'm not sure I ever got an answer to that one in particular, but the common point was that when customers come into their showroom and try out all of the different chairs, almost all end up buying the Luraco. They treated me with respect and kindness; and never tried to get me off the line. So I ended up buying the previous reviewer's returned chair, which had me extremely anxious because I purchased it the day before his review appeared here. In fact, that is what got my email exchange started with Dr. Weidner, and was the reason for my follow up call to Michael. But it worked out; and I was allowed to purchase the extended warranty too, which further eased my mind. The chair had me sore after the first day trying it out, but now my back is feeling better, and my lower back pain problem is already improving. The issues Kevin addresses in his review are valid by the way, but I see the reason the headrest really can't be secured as it needs to move as the chair is reclining back and forth. It should probably be on some sort of track, but if you know about the issue it's possible to adjust during the session and keep it from flipping over the back. As for the arm issue, I had problems getting mine to stay forward when I first got the chair myself, but have found that if you allow the body scan to complete while keeping your fingertips all the way forward, the chair will attempt to remain un-reclined far enough to keep your arms inside during that portion of the session. The hard part is sitting still for the full 1.5 minutes of body scan time, but I see why that is necessary. The remote is kind of finicky, in that it is slow to detect a finger press, but once it is "alive" it is very responsive. Otherwise I really have nothing negative to say, and feel this is the best purchase I have made in quite a long time. The main thing to me is, with all the hype out there for the different chairs that make claims to be the best out there, it's important to find a company that you can trust. There are so many people out there trying to rip you off for one thing or another, and I'm very pleased to have discovered this company at the end of my searching. I know there are chairs out there in the 2K range that probably would have provided me with some relief, but my many days of research made me come to the conclusion that this is a "you get what you pay for" market. This is a real medical chair, and as a disabled veteran, I needed something that will help treat me, versus something to just sit and watch TV in. I don't even think about TV during my session, and there is no way I would want anything longer than the 30 minute time limit this chair sets. By the time it is done I need to get up and walk around, and so far I am doing so with a bit less pain than before I had the chair. So that probably should be in your consideration list as well. If you just want a TV chair for you and your significant other, perhaps getting two 2K chairs (with lights and speakers) could be the better move. If you need something for your health though, I think this one is the way to go. But I'm not sure you can find a more competent company to advise you no matter which way you go than massage chair relief.
Jan 16, 2017 at 01:57 AM
Hello, I'm writing this review of the Luraco iRobotics 7 ("i7") chair only because Dr. Weidner asked me to, and I respect him so much after dealing directly with him, that I wanted to do what he asked of me.
Unfortunately, mine isn't a positive review of the i7, but only due to 3 specific things that were a bother to me, personally, which you may not find to be problems. So, please, keep this in mind when evaluating the chair (not to mention all of the POSITIVE reviews found here, which is why I bought the chair in the first place). Also, please know that I was buying this chair to accommodate both me and my 78 yr. old mother, so I knew the chair had to have adjustable intensity settings, one of the reasons I chose this chair among others.
My complaints about this chair, which caused me to return it, are as follows (and keep in mind, I called & told Luraco about these problems myself, and they said they are already working on one of them):
1. The Foot Rollers are way too strong - I was able to try about 5 other chairs with foot rollers, from makers like Apex, Titan and Ogawa, and I LOVED how great they felt. Foot rollers became a "must-have" for me while shopping for my chair. I couldn't try an i7 before my purchase (not one in any showroom in Houston, Tx.), but I incorrectly assumed the foot rollers in this chair would be much like the rollers in other chairs which I loved. They were not. Even on the lightest-intensity setting, I felt that the roller-pressure on all parts of my feet was much too intense, to the point of being painful. I found myself actually trying to "run away" from the rollers when they would turn on. Rather than being a wonderful, comforting addition to my massage, they actually caused me to have pain the next following days. I suppose I could have stacked one or two pair of athletic socks under my feet, but I didn't want to pay over $7000 for a chair (Christmas sale price) that I had to modify like that. For that amount, it needs to be as close to "perfect" for me as possible, and this wasn't it.
2. The Headrest Trapezius Massagers don't work - the headrest has two pressure-points that are supposed to press down into your shoulder/neck muscles (right where your neck connects to your shoulders) which simulates a person using fingers or elbows to "dig" into your neck muscles for relief of tension and aches. Unfortunately, because there is nothing that HOLDS the headrest in place, this just ends up pressing the headrest up, away from your shoulders when they engage (the weight of your head is NOT nearly enough to keep the Headrest in place when these points press down into your neck muscles). Had I kept the chair, I would have probably tried to "paste" Velcro-strips onto the back of the Headrest and onto the part of the chair it touched, to help it stay in place, but there are inherent problems with that solution too. In summary, the pressure-point neck massagers are useless.
3. The Arm Massagers are practically useless - there is nothing wrong with the air-pressure or action of the arm massagers...they are as good as any other chair's. The problem is that, like MANY other chairs with a stationary-armrest/side-panel design, when your massage starts, the chair reclines into a great zero-gravity position and your arms get pulled OUT of the massage chambers, leaving only your hands to get the air pressure that is SUPPOSED to be pressing down on your whole forearm. I'm 5'9", so a taller person may not experience this as much, but for me, having forearm/hand massage-chambers that only effectively could massage my hands was not "good enough" for a $7000+ chair. You CAN get an arm massage by moving the chair back into the upright-seated position, but to me, this isn't acceptable when every massage starts by auto-reclining to zero-gravity, and that's the BEST position to be in to take full advantage of what these chairs are supposed to offer.
4. Roller Intensity doesn't adjust down enough - I could live with the intensity, but my 78 yr old mother would have NEVER been able to stand it. Even on the lowest setting, it was what I think other chairs Medium setting would be. It DOES come with a pad to use to lower the intensity if needed, but it's only big enough to cover the lower back. Your upper back will be pressed hard (which some will enjoy!). As I said, I could be fairly comfortable with the settings, but I expect that a chair that costs this much should actually have a LOW setting that IS LOW...sometimes you don't wan to be "worked over", but relaxed.
Now, so you have my full views on this chair, I will say the following POSITIVE things about it:
1. Build-quality - top-notch. It's a solid, well-built tank of a chair. I have no problem believing it would last 10 or more years with normal use
2. Materials - top-notch. I didn't care about the leather touch-points as the felt no different to me than any other part of the chair, but ALL of the materials were stellar and all parts fit well
3. Design - I'm a computer engineer, not a mechanical one, but from what I can see, the chair is beautifully built...everything fits together perfectly, parts don't rub or make contact in any bad way, and I assembled the chair myself. While it was SLIGHTLY difficult to do alone, it wasn't impossible, and I would do it again if I needed to. In short, you CAN put it together alone, and with two people, it's no problem. The only reason you may want to order white-glove service is if you will have any problems getting the box into your home (it fit through my 31" doorway with a good, hard push) and if you don't have a dolly with which to get the box into your home from outside (the normal delivery is to be dropped on your driveway/lawn and up to you from there to get it in the house and set up). Without a dolly to move it to your doorway, and w/o help to get it into the home, you may definitely WANT the White Glove service, which takes care of everything for you. Just DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR BOX or DESTROY IT until you KNOW you like the chair. I did, and paid over $100.00 for materials to ship the chair back once I knew I wasn't going to keep it (moving blankets, wrapping film/shrink-wrap, ratchet-straps for tying it down onto the shipping palette that I had to obtain for the return, etc.). I'm not complaining about paying for the materials; I destroyed the box.
4. The remote control was great...just like a Smart Phone. Easy to use, memory for your personal user settings (which avoids the need for a body-scan each time you use the chair. You DO have to press your massage you want, and then press buttons to load your Personal Profile, but that isn't much to ask to skip the body-scan when needed).
Finally, about the return process and money-back guarantee that Dr. Weidner offers...YOU CAN BELIEVE IN IT FULLY AND WITHOUT RESERVATION. He is not only a man of his word and a man of honor, but he was a pleasure to work with. I talked to him several times before making my purchase, bought the chair on Black Friday, and it was delivered the FOLLOWING THURSDAY (LESS than 1 week during the busiest time of the year)! When I finally had determined that I wanted to return the chair (about 2 weeks later, I think), I called Dr. Weidner to let him know. He only asked if there was anything wrong with the chair, and when I said no and described the problems I had with it, he said "Ok, well then let's get you set up for a return." He did not argue, he did not try to talk me into keeping the chair, he did not try to tell me that there was something wrong with me...he was simply 100% accommodating in helping me return the chair. And because I already knew that I was going to buy an Inada Dreamwave instead, he then helped me get the financing for the Luraco changed to the Dreamwave. By the way, he did NOT know I was going to buy the Dreamwave before he helped me with the Luraco return. I purposely kept that from him during our conversation to make sure that did not influence his demeanor toward me while discussing the return of the Luraco. As I expected, he was a perfect gentleman and honored his money-back guarantee with no reservations, no complaints, no arguments. Once that discussion was through, I asked him to help with the Dreamwave purchase, and that was not only because he was a great person to deal with, but because no one that I know of offers the lifetime labor warranty!
Summing up, this is a great chair with some flaws that I wasn't willing to overlook, but it's made by what looks like a great company (Luraco) and it is well-made and built VERY solidly. If what I've described isn't a bother to you, then get the chair...I think you'll have it for many years. But whatever you do, buy your chair from THIS WEBSITE...Dr. Weidner is an honest, principled terrific man to do business with, he stands by his products and he honors his word. There were no "nasty surprises" in ANY part of my dealings with him, and if he lived here in Houston, Texas, I'd be happy to take him out for drinks as a thank you for how he dealt with my purchase. He is the ONLY retailer that I will EVER buy another chair from and certainly, I've already and will continue to recommend him and Massage Chair Relief to anyone I know in the market for a chair. You can't do better than working with and buying from Dr. Weidner!
Jan 04, 2017 at 03:01 PM
We bought the Luraco IRobotics 7 just before Christmas. We are very pleased with our purchase. The contraption ain't cheap, but it's a hoot -- relaxing, therapeutic, soothing. Sometimes, it has all sorts of things going on at once, and this seems to increase the ability of the chair to just sort of take you away to a nice state of mind. It even looks good in the living room -- leather, etc. The 3D feature is very important, as each of my family members desires different intensities, and just pressing a button is a lot more convenient than piling on blankets in a doomed effort to control the intensity of the chair. Michael and the Doc were knowledgeable, patient, and very helpful. I have no regrets and would do it all over again in a minute -- no buyer's remorse here.
Dec 14, 2016 at 09:46 PM
Buying a massage chair turned into much more of a challenge then I expected. There are so many out there and finding a chair with a majority of reviews took a lot of time and research. I called Doctor Weidner with a lot of questions and he was very kind and patient with me. He was not at all pushy and I could truly tell he wanted me to do what was right for my wife and myself. We settled on the Luraco and have absolutely no regrets. We wanted a chair which was American made, and that produced a truly exceptional massage. The chair is extremely user friendly, a breeze to set-up, and gives us several choices for massage routines. We bought the chair in September and use it on most days. I have absolutely no regrets except for waiting so long to make this purchase. Thank-you Dr. Weidner and your team for such an excellent buying experience.
Dec 13, 2016 at 07:08 AM
I just purchased this chair and it arrived last week. The white glove service was absolutely worth it! They did a great job. In ordering the chair, talking with Dr. Alan was very helpful and he was always in contact with me to inform me of the chair's status. Now for the chair itself, what a great chair, so far no complaints, and I have tried every program the chair has to offer. I have had a severe Achilles problem in my left foot, and when the chair stretches you it grabs hold and pulls and it was able to get whatever kink was in their out, I haven't been pain free in my heel for months and in a few quick sessions I'm pain free. I strongly recommend this chair if you are looking into getting one. I can see it is going to be a great investment into my long term health, yes it is on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. Again Highly recommended
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair