Luraco has done it again, this time with the iRobotics 7 Plus massage chair. It's feature-set includes a powerful operating system managed from the first touch screen remote control that actually looks and feels like a smart phone, a 32" roller track to get to the top of the buttocks muscles, a health monitoring feature, full body heating elements (feet, seat, & back), a 3-tiered calf & foot massage, memory capability so that you can "re-use" a customized program that you really like, leather touch points, 3D roller intensity adjustment, mechanical foot rollers, Bluetooth technology and speakers, all with a 3 year in home warranty! Not to mention that this chair is assembled and quality controlled in the USA, with American and imported Taiwanese parts. An extraordinary massage chair with a very rich set of features.
- Made in the USA! - This is the first massage chair built in the USA with a few components imported from Taiwan. Designed, engineered, assembled in Dallas, Texas by Luraco Technologies. Luraco is a military contractor as well as having branched out into other health and beauty products. Previous to creating the iRobotics 7 massage chair for the general public, Luraco became well known and respected in the spa industry for their pedicure massage chairs.
- Touch Screen Remote Control - A first in the massage chair industry, Luraco has integrated a touch screen remote working on a very powerful operating system that looks and feels just like your smart phone. This chair incorporates a pause button to stop a program whenever the need arises but allows you to pick up right where you left off when you start it up again.
- 5 Memory Settings - When you customize your massage and find that it has all the perfect settings for your spine, good luck trying to reproduce it tomorrow when you use the chair again. Now, you can memorize your favorite sessions for up to 5 users so that when you return to your chair, your customized program can be turned on right away.
- Zero Gravity - All the rage in massage chairs today, the zero gravity function for stress and low back pain relief has been integrated into the iRobotics 7.
- Modern Styling & Design - The design is quite contemporary looking and feels quite comfortable to the user. It's stylish design will be a wonderful accent to any room in any home or business.
- Comprehensive Airbag System - The iRobotics 7 massage chair has an 100 airbag system that provides therapy for the head, neck, shoulders, upper arm, forearm, hands and fingers, seat, back, calves and feet.
- 3D Roller Massage - You can adjust the rollers forward or back to increase or decrease the intensity of the massage. PLUS you can adjust the intensity of different parts of your back independent of each other. So, if you want deep and your significant other wants gentle, you have the flexibility in this chair to cater to both of you!If you want intense in your neck, but less intense in your back, you can do that too!
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Each foot massager has a double foot roller to really give your reflexology points a work over!
- Full Body Heat - Luraco has strategically placed heating elements in the feet, seat, and back to give the most comprehensive warming system to help soothe your back during your massage session.
- Airbag Massage Intensity Adjustment - The airbag intensity can be adjusted up or down with the push of one button. If the default air massage is too intense or too soft, pushing this one button can customize the intensity for the user's sensitivities.You can also adjust the intensity of the feet independent of the arms/hands and calves
- 3-Tiered Calf and Foot Massage - An additional layer of airbags in the calf region facilitates for a greater and more comprehensive calf massage. Most chairs are two-tiered, but the 3-tiered system will really do a great job on your sore calves.
- Ottoman Leg Length Adjustment - This chair can cater to body frames as tall as 6'7" and as short as 4'7". The fitting of these body sizes is made possible by the extending and retracting ottoman mechanism.
- 9 Auto Programs - Programs designed to fix whatever ails you. With the simple push of one button you can have 20 minutes of soothing massage...all pre-programmed for your benefit and enjoyment.
- Body Stretching - A unique and advanced body stretching program introduces utter relaxation and therapy to a compressed spine.
- Body Scan Technology - The chair will scan your spine and body shape to allow this massage chair to give you the customized and soothing massage possible. The chair will make the massage fit your body rather than the other way around. .
- BlueTooh & MP3 Music System - Pair your device to the chair through the BlueTooth function and listen to your music on great sounding speakers. An ultra clean music system that will give you better quality sound than most competing models in the marketplace.
- Exceptional Warranty - Luraco offers a 3 year parts and labor, in-home warranty for this chair (PLUS 2 more years of parts!).
- 32" Vertical Massage Track - A 32" vertical roller track assures that the chair will hit the highest and lowest points of your spine, including the top of your gluteal muscles. The rollers give you a great neck and upper back massage, but also hit the lower back for back pain sufferers.
- Voice Response System - The chair can communicate with the user in English, Spanish, French, or Vietnamese, the first chair of it's kind to cater to customers who speak different languages.
- Leather Touch Points - Genuine leather wherever the chair touches your skin. So, your neck, feet, and arms will be resting on premium, comfortable leather upholstery
- Noise Reduction Technology - New technology provides a quieter massage chair, thus making your massage experience much more relaxing.
- Optional Health Monitoring System - Luraco has created the first and only medical massage chair that uses patented integrated health monitoring features that allow the user to measure blood pressure and heart rate.
Recommended User Height (approx.): 4'7" - 6'7"'
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 300
Power Consumption (Watts): 150
Weight (lbs): 265
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 48 x 38 x 60
Warranty (parts & labor/parts): 3 yr/5 yr
# Motors: 12
Manufacture Country: USA
As you may or may not know, I have spoken out a number of times about what it really means for a chair to be “Made in Japan” or “Made in Korea” or anywhere else in the world, other…
A few years ago, I downloaded a sound meter app on my phone and took readings from all of the chairs on my Utah showroom floor to determine which one was the quietest. It was an…
Here are some great email questions with my responses. I hope this helps someone out there! Customer Question #1 We are in the market for a chair. Which chair would be best for…
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair Reviews (48)
May 17, 2017 at 09:41 AM
I tried my very first massage chair recently while returning home from a business trip, waiting on a flight at the Nashville airport. Between intermittent sciatica flare-ups during my trip and lugging heavy bags through the airport, my back was aching, and I thought I'd give it a try. Although this chair had no leg and foot massagers, I found that five dollars on my debit card provided relief. I decided I wanted one of these for my own.
After reading a number of online reviews of different makes and models and watching several YouTube videos as well, I found a massage chair showroom at a store called "Relax the Back" in the Kansas city area. I decided I wanted to take some chairs for a "test drive" before buying. The sales people there were friendly enough but not very knowledgeable. But I did get demos in the Human Touch Nova, the Inada DreamWave and a third chair from Chinese maker, Cozzia. Out of the three, I liked the DreamWave the best. But it lacked foot rollers. The Nova looked weird (kind of like Spock's coffin in Star Trek) and the Cozzia just felt cheap. It creaked and groaned like it was trying to self-destruct.
I wasn't very impressed with the staff at this store, so I decided to investigate retailers online. Massage Chair Relief kept coming up over and over again. Dr. Weidner's online videos were informative and seemed to be objective. And the company received consistently glowing reviews from customers I decided to give their toll free number a call. The phone was answered by Michael Nguyen who manages the showroom in Cerritos, CA. Michael was patient, knowledgeable and polite. He listened to what my needs were and offered several selections. He suggested the Luraco iRobotics i7 chair because it had the equivalent build quality and reliability ofthe DreamWave and offered additional features like foot rollers, the ability to save user profiles, a more robust and contemporary Linux-based smartphone-like remote and a build/support network right here in the good ol' US of A. He mentioned that their factory was located in Arlington, TX.
Well, it just so happened I was travelling to the DFW area on business. I called Michael and asked if he could arrange a tour of Luraco's facility and a demo of their chair. He was able to set up an appointment that afternoon. I was greeted by two very friendly employees at Luraco who gave my 88-year-old mother and I a tour of the facility. (I was staying at mom's because she lives in the area and my company likes it when I save hotel costs. Mom likes it too.) The building was impeccably clean. The front office section was tiled in marble. That led into the manufacturing, assembly and quality control sections of the building. Also stunningly clean and well organized. Toward the back was a showroom. Along the way, we were greeted with a friendly "hello" and handshake by several smiling employees. I could tell they enjoyed their jobs and were proud of their products. I spent the next half hour in an i7 chair, experiencing the most wonderful massage I ever had, second only to human hands.
After thanking my gracious host, I left the facility, called Michael and ordered my chair. I was able to take advantage of a special sale that had just been announced and took advantage of the "White Glove" delivery service. The chair was delivered on time, expertly set up in my media room downstairs and I couldn't be more pleased. As an additional surprise, Dr. Weidner sent me a box of candies and chocolates, a coffee mug and hot chocolate...all to enjoy in my new chair. I've set up and saved a user profile for myself and have used the chair now for the past couple of days. I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased.
Thanks to the folks at Luraco, Dr. Weidner, Michael Nguyen and the delivery service for a second-to-none experience in customer service and quality!
Mar 24, 2017 at 07:32 AM
My experience with the Loraco i7
After extensive research online for massage chairs, I chose MASSAGE-CHAIR- RELIEF and flew out to LA to try several chairs. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful and I was able to try the chairs until deciding on the i7. I have had problems with the chair but so far everyone is trying to get it all worked out.
1. Received the chair with the foot air hose bundle clamp retaining screw falling out. The self-tapping screw had to be reinstalled to a new spot next to the original hole.
2. The foot section, with the rollers, did not retract after the leg stretch and my foot was left about 3” above the rollers for the remainder of the massage. This happened to my wife earlier on the same day. This has not happened since that day.
3. The rollers would not be at the same level on each side of my neck/head, usually only about ¼” or so difference. But one time a lot more, maybe ¾-1”during the massage which tilted my head to one side. In the off position one roller is usually about ¼” lower than the other.
4. I started noticing that the foot and roller positions, from the original body scan, were not the same after several days and I would have to do a fresh body scan. But the same thing would happen again.
The Loraco engineer asked me to do a body scan for each of the 5 users and save a different massage with each one. After a week, of using the original saved and different massages within the user, my feet were not touching the foot rollers on user #1 and 4. The rollers were also different from the original settings even though the neck settings showed “19” on all 5 users. Usually the rollers would start coming down lower on my shoulders to the point that it was painful and sometimes they would not be at the same intensity or level under my neck and would barely touch the back of my neck.
When I called back I was asked to reset the chair by turning the power switch OFF and afterwards #1 and 4 were now at the proper place but #2, 3 and 5 were all too high with my knees off the chair.
5. The right foot roller heel air bag, where the hose meets the bag, has a round plastic piece that occasionally comes out of it’s socket and pinches my heel when the air bags inflate and push my feet to the right side. I was told I would be sent some glue to secure it.
6. Lastly, the right foot roller is now making a squeaking noise. The pitch is high/low as the roller speed changes. I was told I would be sent some grease to lubricate it.
I would like to say that my wife and I are getting good results from using the chair. My wife says that she is walking better and my migraines have lessened and once even took the migraine away! I hope that these issues can be resolved so we can keep the chair. KM
Feb 26, 2017 at 04:00 AM
I’ve had this chair for 14 months. I tested 9 different brands and models of massage chairs at Massage Chair Relief (and some other stores too) before choosing the Luraco iRobotics 7 chair. Originally I was leaning toward some of the less expensive chairs, but finally decided on the Luraco for several reasons. First, it is made in the USA and has a great warranty. I actually used the warranty for an issue with the chair and the customer service experience was great. Luraco got back to me the same day and had replacement parts shipped overnight to my house. A repair technician arrived the day after the parts arrived to repair the chair. The technician was on time, polite and knowledgeable. The chair was repaired in about 15 minutes. I have no idea what kind of experience this might have been with a chair built overseas, and I’m glad I didn’t have to find out. Secondly, it was one of the few chairs that I tried that was UL Listed. This was important to me for safety reasons. Third, this was the only chair that I tried that offered the ability to adjust the 3D roller intensity. I have found that over the past year of using this chair that I have gradually increased the roller intensity. If it were not for this capability, the chair’s massage would now seem weak to me. And finally, I love the “stretching” program that this chair offers. This chair was a Christmas gift for my wife and she loves it! Before we had the chair, she used to come home from work very stressed-out and frustrated. Now, everyday after work she comes home and heads straight for the massage chair. Afterwards she’s de-stressed, relaxed and happy. This chair is definitely up there in price, but it is a fantastic massage chair. I wish I would have purchased one years ago.
Feb 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM
I spent about four months researching massage chairs. The reviews on Amazon for this chair led me to Alan Weidner and his store/website. I read every review I could find on every website including his, since it included nearly all of the brands that I was considering. I communicated with him through e-mail and he answered all my questions and more. His service via e-mail and extra warranty quickly convinced me I wanted to buy from his store online. The white glove service was worth every penny and the delivery guys were perfect – they treated my house with care and explained everything they were doing. Dr. Weidner communicated through e-mail throughout the process so I’d know what to expect and how to prepare for the delivery. It would have eased my mind if the white glove service delivery dispatcher had confirmed that the delivery guys were going to set up the chair and show me how to use it – and I should have just asked to confirm that. I’m probably more a worrier than most, but I did worry that the delivery service was just a middle man and may have not gotten the message somehow about all that was expected. That’s probably not a concern for most folks.
Now for the chair: I love the foot and shoulder massages. The intensity adjustment allows me to get it just how I want it. I’m still playing with using the extra pad for the back because even the lowest intensity is a bit too much for me, but with the pad in place, I can turn the intensity all the way up and that seems to be the best. Also still playing with the head rest – it’s great but the head massage can’t really be felt through it. So I can flip the head rest back out of the way and again lower the intensity on the head massage – it takes a little trial and error. Someone else said the head rest is pointless because when it puts pressure on your shoulders, the head rest moves away. I see that happen a little, but if I have secured the Velcro in place well at the beginning, it really doesn’t move much and does what it’s supposed to. The arm massage only does your hands and wrists, so don’t expect any upper arm massaging, and I wish there was a heater for the hands – mine tend to get cold. I love the heat in all of the other places (feet, seat, and back). The stretching is a bit alarming at first but the results are surprisingly pleasant. I’ve only had this chair for a few days but both my husband and I felt that we slept better every night since we started using it. The “Night” auto setting really gets you ready for bed.
I just filled out the warranty card and would suggest someone (Dr. Weidner or the on the warranty card) make it clear where I should be looking for the serial number. I looked all over the paperwork and searched the website before finally just getting on the floor behind the chair – of course there it was, but it could have saved me some time to know that was what I needed to do.
I’m totally happy with this purchase and the buying experience and now I just hope this chair lasts us a very long time because I know we will be using it every day! Thanks!
Feb 12, 2017 at 09:48 PM
I've had the Luraco I7 a few weeks now, and feel I can give an informative review. First, I am obsessive about researching products. I found 75% of the valuable material on the web regarding massage chairs came directly from Dr. Weidner. The interviews, articles, reviews, videos, etc... I felt they earned my business simply by providing all that information. Once I engaged Massage-Chair-Relief directly to discuss purchasing a chair it was a no brainer. Best price, best warrantee, best service and responsiveness I could imagine. Where you buy is the most important thing you can research, which is why I put this part on the top and you can skip the rest of my wordy review.
I live about 1000 miles from their Southern California showroom, and decided to take them up on their out-of-stater discount to offset a visit. I flew out in the morning to Long Beach airport, and was greeted by Michael. It's maybe 15 minutes to the showroom, and he drove me back later that day after stopping for some food. I got to try out everything I had read about. I highly recommend doing this if you can, but I have some advice. Make sure you know what you definitely want to try out down to the body part. You need to prioritize what you want to see within the first hour or so. Also, once you see how strong it CAN be, tone it back. After about 90 minutes it will become painful if your body isn't used to a massage chair. So for critical comparisons, make sure you get them in before you're TOO massaged. I spent 4 hours there and was sore for two days afterwards :).
I went to compare the Luraco, Panasonic, and Dreamwave. My issues were upper back (nerve pain down the arm), traps, calves, IT bands. I didn't expect any miracles on the last two, but was hopeful. I found each massage chair has something better than the others. I really loved the Panasonic heated 4 head rollers, and how they dug into my traps. The Dreamwave has killer airbags. You don't even need to use rollers if you just want to light massage. They also have things that are much worse than the others. The Panasonic was very uncomfortable on my feet. There's a single nodule that pokes into the wrong part of my foot and is a bit painful. The Dreamwave remote was not intuitive at all, and I read it was best for IT Bands but I wasn't feeling it. The Luraco turned out to dig into the traps nearly as well as the Panasonic, the feet are enjoyable. The big surprise to me was the IT Bands. They REALLY dug in when I turned up the intensity and used the manual mode to swivel my hips into the airbags. It was somewhat unpleasant, but in a good way. Working IT Bands is never pleasant when it's happening :). The calves were better in my opinion, but nothing seems to really work the calves. Even the chairs with rollers for the calves didn't dig in like you'd hope. The final selling point was the superior technology. Memory settings (no scanning waits), intuitive remote, intensity adjustments to 4 discrete sections.
After a few weeks I find myself nitpicking at the potential of the Luraco, and all massage chairs really. The hardware is fantastic, and I love the massage it provides. My background is in technology, and it's hard for me to imagine it wouldn't be pretty simple to add enormous utility through some additional memory and software. There's several automatic modes and you can adjust your favorite intensity settings and fine tune your measurements to a saved user to avoid scanning and program selection. You can do this only 5 times, and it only applies to one program. You can't name the users, so you have to remember what's saved to "User 3." In my mind I should have nearly unlimited user profiles, all with a meaningful name I assign. I should be able to assign customized settings for EVERY program to the same user. The manual program mode is really good, but it CANNOT do everything that happens in some automatic modes. To really add value there should be a library of every function with properties like speed, width, intensity, etc... You should be able to string together whatever series of moves you want into a truly custom massage. You could do it through an IOS app or Windows 10 desktop app and upload it. It's amazing to me that someone like Inada that had such a head start with a great chair, just sat on their laurels making the most trivial of physical updates in 10+ years. They could have really transformed the entire experience on their superior platform. Now others have clearly caught up to the chair quality and are surpassing them in using software. There's a ton of opportunity here.
I had to get those complaints off my chest, but the Luraco does more than the other big name chairs by far. Regarding the negative review, I generally agree with the points. It is very firm, but that's really good for most users. The arms end up being a hand and wrist massage for me. However, I don't find the forearm massage so wonderful that it's worth trying to adjust for. The whole head rest thing is a bit of a disaster. It seems like such a great idea, but I'm not sure how they can execute it correctly. I have a hard time after flipping the pillow over, getting it back to put my head on. There should be a better way to move it back and forth, let alone keeping it in place while pushing down on the traps. These are all things I knew, because I was able to visit the showroom and try it out myself. I also found the remote to be clunky, but I'm adjusting to it. I wish there were some hard buttons for manual modes. I have to open my eyes and look at the lcd panel "buttons" to move the rollers up and down instead of feeling for physical buttons.
That's a lot of negative for a chair I REALLY love. The black color looks better than I imagined. It's very quiet. It's easy enough to operate I don't have to "train" anyone on how to try it out. The massage is wonderful, especially in the neck. It gives some light traction and works the base of the skull. The shoulders are great, and I really enjoy the IT Bands. The remote and technology allow you to skip user scanning every time, and I couldn't imagine feeling more confident in where I purchased from. 5 Star Chair, 10 Star company.
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair