Luraco has done it again, this time with the iRobotics 7 Plus massage chair. It's feature-set includes a powerful operating system managed from the first touch screen remote control that actually looks and feels like a smart phone, a 32" roller track to get to the top of the buttocks muscles, a health monitoring feature, full body heating elements (feet, seat, & back), a 3-tiered calf & foot massage, memory capability so that you can "re-use" a customized program that you really like, leather touch points, 3D roller intensity adjustment, mechanical foot rollers, Bluetooth technology and speakers, all with a 3 year in home warranty! Not to mention that this chair is assembled and quality controlled in the USA, with American and imported Taiwanese parts. An extraordinary massage chair with a very rich set of features.
- Made in the USA! - This is the first massage chair built in the USA with a few components imported from Taiwan. Designed, engineered, assembled in Dallas, Texas by Luraco Technologies. Luraco is a military contractor as well as having branched out into other health and beauty products. Previous to creating the iRobotics 7 massage chair for the general public, Luraco became well known and respected in the spa industry for their pedicure massage chairs.
- Touch Screen Remote Control - A first in the massage chair industry, Luraco has integrated a touch screen remote working on a very powerful operating system that looks and feels just like your smart phone. This chair incorporates a pause button to stop a program whenever the need arises but allows you to pick up right where you left off when you start it up again.
- 5 Memory Settings - When you customize your massage and find that it has all the perfect settings for your spine, good luck trying to reproduce it tomorrow when you use the chair again. Now, you can memorize your favorite sessions for up to 5 users so that when you return to your chair, your customized program can be turned on right away.
- Zero Gravity - All the rage in massage chairs today, the zero gravity function for stress and low back pain relief has been integrated into the iRobotics 7.
- Modern Styling & Design - The design is quite contemporary looking and feels quite comfortable to the user. It's stylish design will be a wonderful accent to any room in any home or business.
- Comprehensive Airbag System - The iRobotics 7 massage chair has an 100 airbag system that provides therapy for the head, neck, shoulders, upper arm, forearm, hands and fingers, seat, back, calves and feet.
- 3D Roller Massage - You can adjust the rollers forward or back to increase or decrease the intensity of the massage. PLUS you can adjust the intensity of different parts of your back independent of each other. So, if you want deep and your significant other wants gentle, you have the flexibility in this chair to cater to both of you!If you want intense in your neck, but less intense in your back, you can do that too!
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Each foot massager has a double foot roller to really give your reflexology points a work over!
- Full Body Heat - Luraco has strategically placed heating elements in the feet, seat, and back to give the most comprehensive warming system to help soothe your back during your massage session.
- Airbag Massage Intensity Adjustment - The airbag intensity can be adjusted up or down with the push of one button. If the default air massage is too intense or too soft, pushing this one button can customize the intensity for the user's sensitivities.You can also adjust the intensity of the feet independent of the arms/hands and calves
- 3-Tiered Calf and Foot Massage - An additional layer of airbags in the calf region facilitates for a greater and more comprehensive calf massage. Most chairs are two-tiered, but the 3-tiered system will really do a great job on your sore calves.
- Ottoman Leg Length Adjustment - This chair can cater to body frames as tall as 6'7" and as short as 4'7". The fitting of these body sizes is made possible by the extending and retracting ottoman mechanism.
- 9 Auto Programs - Programs designed to fix whatever ails you. With the simple push of one button you can have 20 minutes of soothing massage...all pre-programmed for your benefit and enjoyment.
- Body Stretching - A unique and advanced body stretching program introduces utter relaxation and therapy to a compressed spine.
- Body Scan Technology - The chair will scan your spine and body shape to allow this massage chair to give you the customized and soothing massage possible. The chair will make the massage fit your body rather than the other way around. .
- BlueTooh & MP3 Music System - Pair your device to the chair through the BlueTooth function and listen to your music on great sounding speakers. An ultra clean music system that will give you better quality sound than most competing models in the marketplace.
- Exceptional Warranty - Luraco offers a 3 year parts and labor, in-home warranty for this chair (PLUS 2 more years of parts!).
- 32" Vertical Massage Track - A 32" vertical roller track assures that the chair will hit the highest and lowest points of your spine, including the top of your gluteal muscles. The rollers give you a great neck and upper back massage, but also hit the lower back for back pain sufferers.
- Voice Response System - The chair can communicate with the user in English, Spanish, French, or Vietnamese, the first chair of it's kind to cater to customers who speak different languages.
- Leather Touch Points - Genuine leather wherever the chair touches your skin. So, your neck, feet, and arms will be resting on premium, comfortable leather upholstery
- Noise Reduction Technology - New technology provides a quieter massage chair, thus making your massage experience much more relaxing.
- Optional Health Monitoring System - Luraco has created the first and only medical massage chair that uses patented integrated health monitoring features that allow the user to measure blood pressure and heart rate.
Recommended User Height (approx.): 4'7" - 6'7"'
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 300
Power Consumption (Watts): 150
Weight (lbs): 265
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 48 x 38 x 60
Warranty (parts & labor/parts): 3 yr/5 yr
# Motors: 12
Manufacture Country: USA
As you may or may not know, I have spoken out a number of times about what it really means for a chair to be “Made in Japan” or “Made in Korea” or anywhere else in the world, other…
A few years ago, I downloaded a sound meter app on my phone and took readings from all of the chairs on my Utah showroom floor to determine which one was the quietest. It was an…
Here are some great email questions with my responses. I hope this helps someone out there! Customer Question #1 We are in the market for a chair. Which chair would be best for…
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair Reviews (47)
Sep 05, 2017 at 02:18 PM
Hello Dr. Weidner,
I am back with an initial review on this chair.
We ordered this chair on 8/10/2017 and received the chair in 7 days on 8/18/2017. (Very Quick)
I am "cost conscious" (another work for cheap), chair was dropped shipped in my garage. With help, I moved to my master bedroom..
FYI: Needed four (two gals and two guys) to move the chair out of the box. Once, out of the box, two are fine and in 15-20 min. we were up and running. (Watch the video)
Everyone hopped into the chair, for a test run. We all were grimacing and a little taken back at how deep it went into your back.
In retrospect: The initial settings on the message are too intense for everyone, even for my Swedish wife. If you do not play with intensity settings, (which, I now am doing), you will find the messages intense and your body my be sore the next day. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing to have happen. ("no pain no gain!", kind of thought).
3 Weeks in.
Now that I am a pro at operating the hand-held device, I can honestly say the following;
1. Glad I got this chair. I did try four other chairs prior to selecting this one. But, I feel that this one has the ability to do more then any of the other ones could do, due to the intensity adjustments of the air bags, he roller's and the thumping.
When you get the chair, put all settings on intensity one except the Arm's. unless you have hands the size of gorilla's. Use a "three" setting for the Arm. everything else start out with intensity "one" and go up from their.
YOU WILL NEED the movable pad. I do not know how you would stand it with out the pad
2. Foot Message; I had to have this feature based on the prior four chairs that I tried out and sat in.
The I-robotics foot message is completely different then those chairs that I tried. The rollers here do not roll in one direction. They go in two directions, at least it feels that way. It feels like the rollers roll at two or three different angles and the airbags encase your heel and top of foot. This in my opinion is better if you follow reflexology.
2b. lower leg and Calf; with the two ballasts, you will like this pressure applied message
3. Hand Message; this chair is better due to the raised nodules that your hands and arms are exposed to on the bottom. Again, if you follow reflexology, you will like this feature over other chairs that do not have the raised nodules.
4. Neck, I can not say it is the best, but, it appears to me that this is a superior shoulder and upper neck. I would expect nothing better than what this chair delivers. .
5. Seat movement with twisting is a 6 out of 10. I did try a "Dream" Chair and it did have more twist than this chair. I would say that the "Dream" chair would be an 8. if you went to a chiropractor and got yourself twisted with a pop that would be a 10.
No pop on an 8 rating either.
On the Seat you will have two ballasts on your thighs. These will sometime give you an ouch!, Again no pain no gain. have not figured out how to adjust intensity on the thigh.
OVERALL; I do not think there is a better chair out there for the money for multiple users. My wife is 5'2", 116#'s and I am 5'10", 250#'s and I was mainly concerned that my size be accommodated. also, I like "light" feel good messages and my wife likes the Swedish deep tissue. She is an equestrian rider and I am Carlos the barn boy!. This chair works for my size, her size, my desire for light tissue messages and her need for deep tissue. Because of the intensity adjustments of the rollers and the airbags, this worked for use both using this one chair.
I will give another review in 30 days
FYI: I am an online purchaser who found Relax The Back from the Youtube videos and had several phone conversations with Dr. Weidner. I am very satisfied with my purchase of this chair.
Sep 04, 2017 at 10:30 PM
We purchased the iRobotics 7 and we absolutely love having unlimited, on-demand access to the i7’s sophisticated massage therapy. We’ve had it for about a month now and between my girlfriend and me, we use it 3-4 times a day. We switch between its preprogrammed massages and its manual mode, but have yet to exhaust all the different combinations available on this amazing chair. Like most people, we took our massage chair purchase very seriously (a premium chair can cost as much as a used car after all). We diligently researched online and tried close to 15 chairs at Brookstone, Relax the Back, and the San Mateo County Fair, before finally buying the i7 from MCR’s Cerritos store.
We live in Palo Alto, but decided to go to the El Cerritos Store when we were in LA for a weekend since we felt that MCR knew their stuff. Now many of the other reviewers mentioned what great customer service MCR has and I definitely echo that. We flew into Burbank and took an Uber to El Cerritos. It took 2 hours, mostly due to horrible stand still LA traffic. We were tired, hungry, and cranky by the time we arrived at the store. Michael, the store manager, knew that we were coming and greeted us at the store with a big bag of Chick-fi-A. Oh my goodness was that good! Even though Michael had come in on his day off to meet us and we spent the first twenty minutes inhaling chicken sandwiches and fries, he was very polite and never rushed us.
Over the next two hours, he guided us through all our options. He was never pushy and never up sold us. He genuinely wanted us to find the right chair for our needs, which was a bit tough since my girlfriend and I were looking for slightly different things. Luckily, the i7 had enough things in it that both of us could agree on. In particular, the back massage is very comprehensive and really digs-into the back, especially if the heat is on. In addition, the foot massage is out of this world. The chair has three segments that grab and stretch the top, middle, and bottom of your calf – most chairs only have two segments. My girlfriend is a registered Veterinary Technician and is on her feet all day, restraining whining shepherds and bucking pugs, and so the robustness of the feet massage makes her happy, which makes me happy.
The cons of the i7 is its price and headrest. First, the price is pretty high compared to other chairs and is definitely an extravagance. I often find myself feeling a bit embarrassed saying how much I paid for it, especially when talking to people who don’t understand the massage chairs. However, I do like that the chair is made (not just assembled) in USA. It makes me feel better that most of the dollars stay within the States, It also gives me confidence that the quality is probably better than the Chinese manufactured chairs. The headrest is the other downside. It has two small airbags that press down on the shoulder traps. However, since the headrest is not fixed in place, it mostly just pushes off the shoulders rather than digging-into the shoulder traps, which would feel much nicer.
However, when thinking about all the pros of this chair, we feel very happy with our purchase and MCR. I’ve recommended them to others. If you’re not close to any of their physical stores, I would highly recommend that you take advantage of their “out-of-state” offer – it was a great bonus on top of an already fantastic buying experience.
Aug 10, 2017 at 02:04 PM
Hello Dr Weidner,
I wanted to thank you for assisting me with my research, choice and purchase of the Luraco I Robotics 7.
Your many online Youtube videos on various chairs were invaluable to my research.
In my search, I even found one of your videos on another vendors site, as well.
I had narrowed my selection down to two massage chairs, but after talking with you, your historical experience with both Chairs, I went on the search for another. With the help of your videos, I found the Luraco I Robotic 7 and gained your endorsement for my identified wants.
But, this massage chair was beyond my planned budget.
Every massage Chair Dealer says: that they offer the lowest prices but, all are discounted to the same price.
Some sales staff were high pressure and would just say what I wanted to hear on each chair and then found-out with research that it did no have what I wanted.
From my research;
A. Most web sites had varied specifications on same modeled numbered chair. Some representatives said that there site needed to be corrected.
Weight capacity limit’s, equipment weight’s and even dimension’s varied. I guess “mm” is hard to convert to inches for some.
B. There are so many chairs from Osaki that by the time I zeroed in on one chair, I really did not know what model number I was shopping as they have so many similar model numbered chairs. OS? 4S? 4D? Pro? Japan/Titan in front, Japan/Titan in back, Japan/Titan not even mentioned? How I knew I was looking at same chair was to look at the selling price.
C. My suggestion is to add the size width of the each seat in the specifications to help people like me.
I was able to sit in four different chairs locally and in three of those chairs that all internet sales people said would fit my frame,
I felt like a peanut in a peanut shell.
D. Your Lifetime Warranty, your education, your non-high pressure sales, is what sold me on you and your company.
E. My Feeling; I just felt you were sincere in providing advice to help me!
To recap; you did offer a brand new “coming on the market” released chair that fit my disclosed needs, but I decided not to be the first-time user of a new chair on the market with no history of use from you.
With your endorsement, I chose the Luraco I Robotics 7 . You found an open box one at the Texas Factory in the color I requested and although it was still over budget, you were able to offer to me at a discounted price I was able afford.
Now, I will only have buyers remorse, as it ships. J And, I am sure that I will rid myself of this feeling of “did I buy the right chair for me,” until I have it set up and using.
FYI: I really did like the un-boxing Youtube video found; for the simplicity of getting the chair operational.
Thank you for your time and assistance in my selection because my wife and I plan on using this chair daily.
As discussed; she is 117#’s, 5’2” and likes a deep tissue massage as she is physically active with horses.
I am 255#s, 5’10” , needed the intensity adjustments for roller & air: for less intense massage ( I am a wimp), excited about the foot rollers effects and the simple operation aspects. I think the quietness of the massage chair will be utilized, as this chair will be in our bedroom and will look like a traditional piece of furniture.
Jul 21, 2017 at 01:05 AM
I purchased my chair in September 2016 after an extensive online search and comparison that lasted several weeks. The professional demeanor of Dr. Weidner,over the phone, and his non-invasive sales-pitch made me feel more knowledgeable about massage chairs without feeling pressured nor obligated to purchase from him. I sensed the passion of a healthcare professional with a strong belief that massage chairs are salubrious. All things considered I purchased the Luracoi7 online,sight unseen.
A few weeks after receiving my investment, when the excitement diminished, I noticed that the chair was experiencing a jerking motion while transitioning from seated to incline. 90 days had passed so I contacted Luraco. Eventually a technician was sent to my residence and his findings corroborated my complaint. Needless to say I was very disappointed in the chair that I was told was the "top of the line" repeatedly .Then a new chair was sent to me by Luraco by the end of January 2017. This chair also began experiencing the same jerking movement during transition from seated to incline and back, randomly. And once again and I was so disappointed in Luraco's chair. So I continued to monitor for worsening. And it did get worse.
I communicated with Luraco customer service and service technician by phone, email, and video back and forth since March. Eventually a technician was sent to my residence yesterday 7/19/17 to install brackets on the arm rest, the motherboard and the keypad which were shipped to me as replacements.
Success!!! After months of disappointment because I did not get what I expected, I did get what I paid for, good customer service. Well done Luraco, I am not upset with you. The outcome is favorable and I am finally enjoying my chair.
May 17, 2017 at 09:41 AM
I tried my very first massage chair recently while returning home from a business trip, waiting on a flight at the Nashville airport. Between intermittent sciatica flare-ups during my trip and lugging heavy bags through the airport, my back was aching, and I thought I'd give it a try. Although this chair had no leg and foot massagers, I found that five dollars on my debit card provided relief. I decided I wanted one of these for my own.
After reading a number of online reviews of different makes and models and watching several YouTube videos as well, I found a massage chair showroom at a store called "Relax the Back" in the Kansas city area. I decided I wanted to take some chairs for a "test drive" before buying. The sales people there were friendly enough but not very knowledgeable. But I did get demos in the Human Touch Nova, the Inada DreamWave and a third chair from Chinese maker, Cozzia. Out of the three, I liked the DreamWave the best. But it lacked foot rollers. The Nova looked weird (kind of like Spock's coffin in Star Trek) and the Cozzia just felt cheap. It creaked and groaned like it was trying to self-destruct.
I wasn't very impressed with the staff at this store, so I decided to investigate retailers online. Massage Chair Relief kept coming up over and over again. Dr. Weidner's online videos were informative and seemed to be objective. And the company received consistently glowing reviews from customers I decided to give their toll free number a call. The phone was answered by Michael Nguyen who manages the showroom in Cerritos, CA. Michael was patient, knowledgeable and polite. He listened to what my needs were and offered several selections. He suggested the Luraco iRobotics i7 chair because it had the equivalent build quality and reliability ofthe DreamWave and offered additional features like foot rollers, the ability to save user profiles, a more robust and contemporary Linux-based smartphone-like remote and a build/support network right here in the good ol' US of A. He mentioned that their factory was located in Arlington, TX.
Well, it just so happened I was travelling to the DFW area on business. I called Michael and asked if he could arrange a tour of Luraco's facility and a demo of their chair. He was able to set up an appointment that afternoon. I was greeted by two very friendly employees at Luraco who gave my 88-year-old mother and I a tour of the facility. (I was staying at mom's because she lives in the area and my company likes it when I save hotel costs. Mom likes it too.) The building was impeccably clean. The front office section was tiled in marble. That led into the manufacturing, assembly and quality control sections of the building. Also stunningly clean and well organized. Toward the back was a showroom. Along the way, we were greeted with a friendly "hello" and handshake by several smiling employees. I could tell they enjoyed their jobs and were proud of their products. I spent the next half hour in an i7 chair, experiencing the most wonderful massage I ever had, second only to human hands.
After thanking my gracious host, I left the facility, called Michael and ordered my chair. I was able to take advantage of a special sale that had just been announced and took advantage of the "White Glove" delivery service. The chair was delivered on time, expertly set up in my media room downstairs and I couldn't be more pleased. As an additional surprise, Dr. Weidner sent me a box of candies and chocolates, a coffee mug and hot chocolate...all to enjoy in my new chair. I've set up and saved a user profile for myself and have used the chair now for the past couple of days. I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased.
Thanks to the folks at Luraco, Dr. Weidner, Michael Nguyen and the delivery service for a second-to-none experience in customer service and quality!
Luraco iRobotics 7 Plus Massage Chair