Inada has created another winner! The Flex 3S looks a little like the famous Sogno, but with a smaller body frame and a whole different feel. The Flex 3S focuses on posture correction and stretching programs, ideal for the user who is fitness oriented and health conscious. The 3D roller technology also guarantees a fantastic massage from the neck down to the tailbone area, but this chair really shines when it comes to stretching and posture correction. The shoulder airbags pin the shoulders back and this, in concert with a strong mid and lower back roller involvement, makes for a great stretching combo and works to reverse the age-old slumping shoulders that we see in so many bodies in today's computer-driven society.
The hand and feet warmers are a nice twist to the traditional low back heating feature on most other chairs. These heaters simulate hot stone massage in both the palms and soles. Very soothing.
Another thing you'll love about this chair is the roller width in the hips and shoulder blades area. No other chair that we know of has a roller track that extends laterally (width) as far as this one does. Great for hitting those hip muscles and the far sides of the shoulder blades that get neglected in other chairs.
Really a very unique chair with a phenomenal massage. You're gonna love this one!
- Posture correction - shoulder airbags and 3D roller technology are used simultaneously to pull the shoulders back and push the chest forward...the exact opposite of what most of our postures are like. You know the posture....forward head carriage and slumping shoulders. This chair will change that.
- Stretching programs - the shoulder airbags and 3D roller technology that works on your posture in the new Flex 3S also are used to create stretching programs that leave you feeling limber and...well...stretched. Most people love any stretch program in most massage chairs, but the stretch program of the Flex 3S offers so much more. Try it...you'll know what we are talking about!
- Full body massage - stretching and posture correction aside, this chair has a phenomenal roller massage from top to bottom. You will get a fabulous and vigorous massage, combined with the nuance and refinement that only Inada has been able to create in their massge chairs.
- 9 Pre-programmed massages - All the typical programs you'd expect in a massage chair, but also including a warm up and a cool down program to use before and after some of the more elaborate stretching and posture programs.
- Proprietary body scan - Inada has one of the most sophisticated body scans in the industry, using a network of infrared lights in the chairback to map out the shape of your back. Then it matches your spinal shape to a database of over 150 postures to find the most optimal match. This body scan is not just about figuring out where your head and shoulders are at...it is so much more!
- Shoulder airbags - these airbags inflate to the front of your shoulders, thus pinning them back to enhance proper posture. But it also facilitates a more intense stretch as the shoulders are held in place while the chair back reclines and the ottoman drops. Couple the airbags with clever use of the roller system and you have a stretch program that is second to none.
- Palm and Sole heaters - if you've ever had hot stone massage, you know the benefit of having heating elements in the feet and hands. It is one of the most soothing experiences to be had in a massage chair.
- Sogno-esque design - when it comes to design, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" applies to the Sogno and Flex chairs. Inada changed the whole massage chair marketplace when it introduced the revolutionary design of the Sogno that elicited copycats all over the place. The Flex 3S draws on that winning design in many ways.
- 3D roller technology - Inada has utilized airbags to move the rollers forward and back, thus allowing you to experience a more or less intense roller massage. So, it doesn't matter how sensitive or tough your family members are, there is enough flexibility with the 3D rollers to accommodate everyone.
- Full body airbags - like the Sogno, the Flex 3S is full of airbags that work their way from the upper body to the feet and calves. Used in conjunction with the massage rollers, the airbags contribute to a very soothing and therapeutic, full-body massage.
- Chair weight (unboxed): 165 lbs.
- Dimensions (upright): 42" X 33" X 50"
- Dimensions (reclined): 29" X 33" X 73"
- Upholstery: Anti-bacterial synthetic leather
- Pre-programmed sessions: 9
- Manual mode time: 15 minutes
- Pre-programmed session time: 15 minutes +
- Power consumption: 140 Watts
- User height range: 5'0" - 6'2"
- User weight range:
- Factory certification: ISO Certified
- Made in Japan
- Endurance: 2,500 hours continuous with load. Used once per day, the expected life of the chair is over 24 years
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: the Ogawa sale,…
We welcomed the new Inada Nest massage chair to our California showroom a couple of months ago and I finally had the chance to sit on it for an extended period of time last…
On our website, we have a page dedicated to listing previously owned massage chairs. These chairs can include those returned by customers during our very generous 90 day return/exchange…
In this post, Dr. Weidner demonstrates the shoulder airbags on the Inada Flex 3s massage chair.
The post Shoulder…
In this post, Dr. Weidner explains how and when to use the Warm Up and Cool Down programs on the Inada Flex 3s massage chair.
The post Warm…
Customer Question #1 This site is amazing. I just can’t decide which chair to buy. I have been looking most closely at the Inada Dreamwave, Panasonic MA73, and Osaki 3D Pro…
In this post, Dr. Weidner explains how to adjust the intensity on the Inada Flex 3s massage chair.
The post Intensity…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: a reminder about…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: some absolutely…
A customer's review of the Inada Flex 3S massage chair.
The post Customer…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: a price drop…
In this post, Dr. Weidner demonstrates the seat and waist airbags on the Inada Flex 3s massage chair, and explains how these airbags work in conjunction with one another to…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most important items discussed here include: a big rebate…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. The most exciting item in this issue is the grand opening of the Massage…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week's issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. The entire issue is full of extremely exciting announcements! The most…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most exciting items discussed in this issue are the addition…
In this post, Dr. Weidner demonstrates remote control of the Inada Flex 3s massage chair.
The post Remote…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Some of the most exciting things discussed in this issue are an update…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Among the best news in the industry this week is that the long awaited,…
In this post, Dr. Weidner demonstrates the stretch function on the Inada Flex 3s massage chair, and explains how it differs from any other massage chair’s stretch function.
Questions asked by massage chair shoppers are answered by Dr. Weidner.
The post Mail…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update.
The post Massage…
Dr. Weidner covers the latest news and notes in this week’s issue of the Massage Chair Industry Update. Among the best news in the industry this week are some awesome price…
Dr. Weidner demonstrates the most efficient and simple first time use of the Inada Flex 3s in this post.
The post First…
Inada Flex 3S Massage Chair Reviews (3)
Sep 30, 2016 at 05:53 PM
I purchases black Inada Flex 3S massage chair from massage-chair-relief.com about a month ago. Main reason for buying this specific chair is its excellent full body stretching functionality in addition to very good full body massage.
The massage chair is excellent. It is very well built and looks very modern.
This chair is unique because it does excellent full body stretching and massage at the same time. My favorite stretch/massage program is called Cool Down. I prefer it to the other programs because it focuses more on stretching and less on massage.
Overall the chair is quiet, good looking and works very well. I use it daily and I am very happy with this purchase.
Sep 11, 2016 at 07:07 PM
The Flex 3 is amazing...I've been using it now for four months and it is the perfect chair for me. I originally purchased the 8500x3 and was very disappointed with it....for my build it was pure pain. Thankfully Dr. Weidner offered the 30 day return or exchange. I went to the Cerritos shop and figured I'd end up getting the Dreamwave- I tried all the chairs there again and again, and found the Flex was very soothing and penetrating without feeling all the pain from the 8500x3. My exchange was so simple I took the Flex home with me and got a prompt refund for the difference in price. The chair is perfect I think for slender, small boned but fit people. I like a good massage, but the other chairs were all too brutal for my bone structure. The Dreamwave was good, but I fit better in the Flex and like the overall massage quality much better. I thought I wanted all the extra stuff like the Bluetooth music and more modern controller. But really I wanted a chair that delivered the right kind of massage. The Flex is great and with the posture correction I seem to adjust naturally each day after doing the cool down program. I like all the programs, the stretch, the heat, and I really like the feel of the chair. The only thing that needs a work around is the head and neck support...it's awkward and not very functional. I've rolled up a towel and used it under my neck, or taken a neck pillow and laid it flat for my head and both of these work better than the supplied pillow.
Thank You Dr. Weidner, and the young man who helped me in Cerrritos. I would give you both a 10 for Customer Service. Your showroom a 10 in appearance and availability of massage chairs. And I would give the Flex a 9... not a 10 because of the neck issue...but the chair is amazing. If you're smaller boned but fit....try this chair, it gives a great massage.
Jun 01, 2016 at 04:27 PM
After months of research, I ordered the Inada Flex 3S. We are so glad we found Doc Weidner as he took all the worries away of acquiring one. His passion on these chairs is unparraleled by the other places we inquired from. His knowledge on the chair is imparted without reservation to us. This made us quickly sense his honesty that he's there to educate us so we could make the right choice, not to sell us any chair.
Now about the chair. We've been using it almost everyday for a month now. I know this might still be a little early to give a full review. I shall submit another review after 6 months.
Im 5'7" and wife is 5'2"and its perfect for us. It feels small when its fully upright, but when it reclines I bet it will easily satify a 6 foot person.
So far we have used all the pre programmed and manual sessions. Very satisfied with all of them. My wife loves program # 2 which is the full body stretch. She loves how the rollers gently glides on the full lenght and contour of her back. Then how the upper part of the chair holds her down while the leg rest start streching her by moving down or vice versa in a progressing steps and intensity. I myself like the full body massage from the pre programmed selections. It hits all the right spots. I have a posture problem and the Flex is perfect for holding me down to supposedly the correct posture. I'm starting to use more and more the manual mode as I discover more of the chair's capability. I'd like to manually move the rollers to concentrate on my lumbar and neck. Ive read on some reviews that its weaker on the neck reach, but I could adjust the intensity and it will excellently reach even all the way to the upper nape. Also, I tend to move the pillow out of the way to get good reach of the nape.
The heat on the feet and palm is very soothing, I bet specially during the weather season.
Although I wish it had kneading capability for the sole of the feet. Thats is my only disapoinment. It comes with the siatsu balls that you could put in the feet sole rest that kinda help when the feet airbags squeezes around your feet. My wife does not mind not having feet sole kneading/massaging. The air bags for the calves are great! Over all, we love the chair. I always feel stress-relieved after every session!
Again, Thanks Dr Weidner & Massage Chair Relief! ~Mike T., Chesapeake VA
Inada Flex 3S Massage Chair