The first "Made in Japan" L-track massage chair, the Fujimedic Kumo showcases a very rich feature-set that includes foot rollers, 4D L-track rollers, knee and calf therapy, 2-stage zero gravity, BlueTooth technology, chromotherapy, multi-language remote control, space-saving, memory function, and a 3 year parts and labor warranty.
- Made in Japan - The first L-track massage chair that is "Made in Japan', which always connotes superior quality.
- L-Track - L-tracks are all the rage in the industry and the new Fujimedic Kumo massage chair has one! A 44" roller track length will reach all the way from the neck down to the butt muscles. The design of the roller system allows for the rollers to actually hit the gluteal and piriformis muscles, in many cases helping some sciatica issues.
- 4D L-Track Roller - This chair also has a 4D L-track, which means that the depth and speed of the rollers can be adjusted, thus giving you, the user, the ability to increase or decrease the roller massage intensity. A very convenient smart dial is located on the right arm rest that allows you to easily adjust the roller depth and speed.
- 64 Airbags - Airbags everywhere you'd expect a new massage chair to have them, i.e. shoulders, waist, seat, arms, hands, calves, feet, and more.
- 2-Stage Zero Gravity - If you want to put your body into the most comfortable and least stressful position, try out the zero gravity feature of the Kumo. Zero Gravity is pretty much a must have nowadays in a massage chair. It has been proven to be the most efficient way to position your body for relaxation and longevity.
- Mechanical Foot Rollers - Rollers under your feet rotate forward and back to stimulate your reflexology zones. You will feel like a new person after this experience, especially if you are on your feet a lot throughout your day.
- Multi-Language Remote Control - Adding only what’s needed and removing the rest is a traditional Japanese design approach and is the inspiration for the simplified interface that controls the Kumo massage chair. With a tap on the seven-inch touchscreen control panel, you can switch between English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese. Kumo’s easy-to-use wired-touch pad controls the chair’s massage functions, allows for saved custom massages, and even displays what features your current massage is using
- BlueTooth Connectivity & Chromotherapy - Connect your device to this chair via the BlueTooth technology, listen to your favorite music, turn on the LED light patterns and your chair and room will be turned into a auditorium of relaxation, therapy, and mood.
- Space Saving Feature - Perfect for tight spaces or smaller living spaces, the Kumo has a sliding base that moves the chair forward before reclining, thus allowing you to put the chair within 5" of your wall.
- Heated Knee & Calf Therapy - The Kumo is the first massage chair with 3D knee technology that combines air compression with heat therapy to massage the knees with adjustable airbags.
- Heated Rollers - The roller balls are heated to provide a comprehensive heat therapy along the entire lenght of the spine as the rollers move up and down your back.
- Memory Function - If you create your own custom program, you can save it and use it as your own each time you come to sit in your chair.
- 3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty - Most chairs have a 1 year parts & labor warranty, with a second year of parts, and a third year of frame/structure coverage. The Kumo comes with a three year parts and labor warranty with the option for an additional 2 years of parts and labor as an extended warranty option. Usually, it can be said that a better warranty means a better chair!
Recommended User Height (approx.): 5' - 6'4"
Recommended Max. User Weight (lbs): 265
Power Consumption (Watts): 200
Weight (lbs): 276
Dimensions (H" x W" x D"): 48 x 33 x 62
Warranty (parts & labor/parts): 3 yr
Manufacture Country: Japan
When I was at the Las Vegas Furniture Market a couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to meet with John Cribbs, VP of National Accounts for Cozzia massage chairs. Did You Know? I…
I had a wonderful visit to the Las Vegas Furniture Market this last week and will share with you what I learned. I have already posted 3 videos from the trip on our YouTube channel,…
Fujimedic Kumo Massage Chair Reviews (2)
May 18, 2019 at 02:47 PM
After many hours researching on the computer and visits to various stores, I purchased the Fujimedic KOMO massage chair.
This chair has it all! It is made in Japan, not China. It has a more human like massage feel. It is very comfortable for both my wife and I with different heights. Very easy to use. The knob on the right armrest makes it fast to change settings, but the large LED touch screen on the left armrest is super simple and very clear on maneuvering through the many different program settings, time variation, chair positions etc... Another big plus is the classy design. I found that most chairs would look like an old version of something from an RV (over stuffed vinyl) or too over the top with plastic looking modern pods. I bought it in the pearl white and it looks great with the rest of my furniture in the family room, (no need to put it in a different room out of view) you will want to show this off lol! Very important is the L tract only needs to be 5" away from the back wall, Great space saver!
I highly recommend going to the Massage-Chair Relief store. 1) There was NO pressure salesmen. 2) I got to try about 10 difference chairs for as long as I wanted (great showroom). Very important to actually try the chair in person & compare fit, strength, comfort, programs etc... 3) They were very knowlegable and most important, "They have Amazing customers service". Anything I needed or questions I had was addressed immediately. Plus only they offer a Lifetime warranty for labor on the chair, awesome.
I love my chair! So does my wife and all the friends that come over and try it.
May 08, 2019 at 05:51 PM
This is a review of the Fujimedic Kumo Massage Chair, in Edo Brown. We have owned the chair for 4 months at this writing, with my wife and I each using the chair about 6 times per week. I will cover features that resulted in us selecting this chair, features we like, and some details we would like to see improved.
My wife and I have owned several massage chairs over the years. We lived in Japan for five years when stationed with the United States Air Force, and frequently tried the latest chairs offered at stores in our area near Tokyo.
Our first chair was an inexpensive heat and vibrating massage in a glorified, cloth covered lawn chair. It was all we could afford, and seemed fine. Later, after living in Japan and trying “real” massage chairs, we set our sights a little higher. About 20 years ago, we purchased a roller based chair from Human Touch. It seemed great in the showroom, and while I was satisfied with it, my wife thought the massage was too intense. The only adjustment was slipping a thin cushion into the backrest. She stopped using it because she hurt worse when she got up out of the chair. We ended up selling it at a garage sale.
Fast forward to 2018. On a business trip through Incheon Airport in the Republic of Korea, I tried a full featured chair in an airport lounge. Very nice, even if I couldn’t understand the remote! But, I was hooked, and started shopping when I got home.
I wanted to get a chair that had all the latest features, would be friendly to my wife, was high quality, and looked good. I like all things Panasonic (super reliable!), but the row after row of buttons on the remote (some even hidden behind doors) would cause confusion, and I feared the chair would not get used. The Inada chairs were popular in Japan, and we liked them, but the chairs available in early 2019 did not have foot rollers.
After months of internet research, we selected the Fujimedic Kumo. It has lots of air bags (64!), heated 4D rollers, L-track, zero gravity, foot rollers, and an open foot massage mechanism. This was important, as I have US sized 14 feet. The heated knee massage was a plus. Another unique feature is the easy to access large intensity adjust knob, located on top of the right armrest. In an instant, the massage strength can be dialed back if it is too vigorous. Perfect to address my wife’s complaint about the previous chair.
• The back rollers are heated, but only warm, like human hands. Don’t expect them to be “hot”.
• The Bluetooth speakers are better than expected. We search for “Nature Sounds” or “Spa Music” on our music subscription service phone app, and off we go! The therapy lights, however, are too far back to make much difference.
• The chair is fairly quiet during the massage, only making soft whooshing sounds from the airbags, and an occasional slight creaking noise from the shoulder airbag support when the airbag intensity is on it’s highest setting. The nature sounds from the speakers help mask any noises from the chair to keep the veil of relaxation in place.
• The default massages are soft to moderate. Relaxing as is. It is easy to crank up the intensity of the 4D rollers (adjust knob, or touchscreen buttons) or airbags (quick access buttons on right armrest, or on the touchscreen). On the 4D highest setting, I feel like I received a deep tissue massage. Love it!
• The stretching function that is part of the “Stretch”, “Thai”, or “Joint Care” programs is nicer and more relaxing than I was expecting. Especially in the morning.
• When the massage completes, it leaves you right where you’re at – reclined with the speakers playing. Great if you went to sleep during the massage! (Compare this to a popular chair sold at Costco that “beeps” loudly 13 times like a garbage truck backing up when it automatically sits you up at the completion of the massage. Yuck!)
• The touch screen is easy to navigate, only showing the functions needed at the time one needs them (not complicated).
• It is Made in Japan, and has an additional year of warranty (3) over the similar, Made in China Cozzia Qi SE.
• It arrived in three large boxes, well packed, and shrink wrapped onto a single skid. We chose to assemble it ourselves. It was medium difficulty if one has a mechanical ability, taking about 4 hours. The chair came with tools to assemble. The assembly manual was good, and an assembly video is available on YouTube. The chair takes a minimum of two strong people to move if assembling apart from the final location.
We would like improved:
• The touchscreen is too bright at it’s lowest setting, and is bright white with black or blue letters/images. The similar Cozzia Qi SE has a black screen with white letters. This is a better choice. Even with one’s eyes closed, the light from the screen is intrusive. There is a timer to have it shut off, with the minimum time being 1 minute. To turn it back on, just touch the screen.
• It would be useful if the screen displayed a “screensaver” of the remaining massage time when the screen was asleep during the massage.
• The zip-on bottom seat cushion’s foam insert gets rolled up in a ball inside the rear of the upholstery cover when the L-Track roller works on one’s glute’s at the lower ends of the track’s travel. The lump is noticeable when one sits on the chair. There is a hidden zipper that let me see inside the cover, and I was able to straighten the foam out, only to have it ball up again on the next massage. Only two 1” wide strips of Velcro hold this foam in place. This is no match for the rollers when the intensity is turned up. This part would do well with a redesign. This is the only issue that is preventing this chair from receiving 5 STARS from us. Hopefully, the manufacturer redesigns this part, and we can replace it.
Why Massage Chair Relief?
Honest, non-technical approach to selling was appealing. There are several online sources for chairs, but we chose Dr. Alan Weidner and Massage Chair Relief because he answered questions we had within a day of sending them to him. His YouTube channel is informative without being slick. The 90 day return policy is outstanding (Note: buyer must pay return freight). The Out-Of-Stater program is a great service, however we didn’t use it because a Kumo chair was not in the showroom. He is available by direct phone if you need him. One more thing, the FREE lifetime labor warranty (after the factory warranty runs out) is great piece of mind when purchasing such a hard working mechanical device.
Fujimedic Kumo Massage Chair