Great question! We get asked this all the time. The plain and simple answer is that it depends on the plan! You get to call your insurance plan, your flex account managers, or your HSA account to find out if they will cover a massage chair. We do know that many of the plans do cover the massage chair since it is rated as a medical therapy and not a piece of furniture. So, this simple fact qualifies it for coverage and benefits.
I know at the end of the year, many of you are trying to use up your flex money so that you don’t lose it. Well, wouldn’t a massage chair be a wonderful thing to get and a great way to keep your hard earned money. Of course, you don’t have to wait until the end of the year to use your health benefit dollars. You can order one today. Most of the time you can just use your account credit card and run it as a regular purchase. No fuss, no muss!
But, be sure to check with your administrators to make sure it is a qualified purchase for your plan.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016