Chiropractors are using virtual reality to treat back pain. In a two part therapy session, the patient is shown a 3D VR image of their own skeleton, constructed using data from x-rays. Scientists think this can be helpful to some patients, as it gives a more intuitive understanding to the patient of what is causing pain. According to one patient, seeing the image made him immediately straighten up and correct his posture. Critics say that a majority of back pain is not caused by poor posture, so many patients may not benefit.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Acupuncture Confirmed Potent Deterrent of Hurt - January 15, 2018
- Breaking The Stress Of Hurt - January 11, 2018
- How to Prevent and Cope with Back Problems - January 8, 2018
- What can someone do about shoulder problems? - January 4, 2018
- How Fallen Arches Can Cause Low Back Problems - January 1, 2018