Chiropractors are using virtual reality to treat back pain. In a two part therapy session, the patient is shown a 3D VR image of their own skeleton, constructed using data from x-rays. Scientists think this can be helpful to some patients, as it gives a more intuitive understanding to the patient of what is causing pain. According to one patient, seeing the image made him immediately straighten up and correct his posture. Critics say that a majority of back pain is not caused by poor posture, so many patients may not benefit.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Rare gene mutation gives rise to low sensitivity to physical problems - March 5, 2018
- Stress affects your health more than you may think - March 1, 2018
- Is your office job ruining your posture? - February 26, 2018
- Top 10 Accupressure Points For Pain Relief - February 22, 2018
- I Tried Bowen Therapy & It Changed My Life - February 19, 2018