Chiropractors are using virtual reality to treat back pain. In a two part therapy session, the patient is shown a 3D VR image of their own skeleton, constructed using data from x-rays. Scientists think this can be helpful to some patients, as it gives a more intuitive understanding to the patient of what is causing pain. According to one patient, seeing the image made him immediately straighten up and correct his posture. Critics say that a majority of back pain is not caused by poor posture, so many patients may not benefit.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Health Beat: Artificial disc a new option for back pain - November 17, 2017
- 10 Reasons Your Neck and Shoulders Hurt While Running - November 17, 2017
- Is Pregabalin an Effective Treatment for Chronic Sciatica? - November 17, 2017
- HealthWatch: Artificial Disc Replacement: New Option for Back Pain - November 16, 2017
- This Is the Best Sleep Position for Your Health, According to Doctors - November 16, 2017