Chiropractors are using virtual reality to treat back pain. In a two part therapy session, the patient is shown a 3D VR image of their own skeleton, constructed using data from x-rays. Scientists think this can be helpful to some patients, as it gives a more intuitive understanding to the patient of what is causing pain. According to one patient, seeing the image made him immediately straighten up and correct his posture. Critics say that a majority of back pain is not caused by poor posture, so many patients may not benefit.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 8 easy ways to improve back pain at any age – Personal Liberty Digest - September 20, 2017
- School’s in Session – And So Is Back Pain – To Your Health - September 20, 2017
- How to stop your neck pain headache with these tips – Body and Soul - September 20, 2017
- How to ease that back pain – New Vision - September 20, 2017
- A Guaranteed Method For Treating Neck Injuries – Massage Magazine - September 19, 2017