Brand Name vs. No Name Massage Chairs
I get calls all the time from people searching for someone to help with their no name massage chair problems. They bought their chairs for “a song” and now they are paying the price for it. This article will help you see the difference between a no name chair and a brand name model.
When you buy a massage chair, it not unlike when you make other major purchases. You want to know there will be guarantees if something goes wrong. You expect good customer service if you need help figuring out how to operate an item.
The same goes for your massage chair purchase. You should do some research to find out about the manufacturer before you make a decision. You want a reputable company that serves its customers after the sale. High sales volume generally means the product is of good quality.
With an electronic gadget like a massage chair, things can go wrong. Rollers, airbags, or circuit boards can fail. You want a good warranty, but just because the warranty sounds great, doesn’t mean it is good. One of the best ways to check on a warranty is to ask for customer reviews. Reputable companies do not mind giving these out. They may post reviews on their website.
There are cheap Chinese knock-offs of name brand massage chairs sold for much less than their original counterparts. People get burned because they rush into a purchase without doing much research. It is such a good deal, they can’t pass it by. There is a saying, “Pay me now or pay me later.” This certainly applies to massage chairs.
Here are the pro’s and con’s of buying a name brand vs. a no-name massage chair:
No-Name Brand Massage Chairs
1. The products look good.
2. Big savings on a less expensive chair.
3. That’s about it
1. High rate of failure.
2. Warranty support lacking.
3. Usually cannot find parts.
4. Inaccessible customer support. Generally you have to email or leave a message and hope to hear back from them.
5. Generally the reseller does not stay in business more than a few months.
6. Outrageous warranty claims. I know of one reseller that boasted a ten year full warranty. No-names are lacking in warranty support.
Brand Name Massage Chairs
1. Parts are available. With thousands of chairs having been sold, the brand name companies have parts for your chair.
2. Customer reviews are more available now than ever before with so many chairs being sold. You can find them online.
3. Good customer service includes phone numbers that are generally answered right away and live chat on the company website. They stand ready to help you with any problem.
4. Continual upgrading of their chairs. Name brand companies spend money on research and development.
5. Even after expiration of the warranty, name brand companies can refer you to a technician nearby.
1. Cost. You will pay more for a brand name chair with the same features as a knock-off. Many brand name chairs are made in Japan and are generally higher quality than those from China.
2. Well…I realy can’t think of any other cons.
I hope this information convinces you to avoid the cheap, no-name massage chair trap. Maybe you like taking risks and don’t care if you lose money. If you want quality that will give you years of satisfaction, then go with the name brand.
Some good brand names include Inada, Panasonic, Elite, OSIM, Omega, Osaki, Sanyo, and Human Touch. There are other good ones, as well. The internet makes it easy for you to check on many companies and models for the features that interest you.
Do your homework if you decide to purchase from an online retailer. It is good to investigate customer support, even with brand name chairs. Call them before you buy and see how you are treated. Local showrooms will give you the opportunity to sit in the chairs and see how they feel.
Whatever you do, find a source with a solid reputation in the industry. With this information about no-names and brand names you should be able to decide wisely on a good massage chair for your home or office.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Buying a Massage Chair Online? Here’s What You Need to Know - December 20, 2018
- New Massage Chair Models! - December 11, 2018
- Give the Gift of a Massage Chair this Holiday Season - December 10, 2018
- Advantage: Massage Chair Relief - November 29, 2018
- Massage Chair Relief on the Road! - November 20, 2018