I am seeing an increasing number of our patrons ordering the White Glove Service (WGS) with their new massage chair, not only on our website but also from our retail outlet. Most folks are not completely familiar with what the WGS is, so I figured I’d take a moment and explain exactly what WGS is.
When you order the WGS, you are essentially ordering a completely hassle-free service where your chair is not only delivered to your home or business, but the packaging is removed too. Now, you may not think that removing the packaging materials is a big deal, but you’d be amazed at how much cardboard, plastic, and styrofoam it takes to package a massage chair! It is quite a bit. As a matter of fact, the packaging from two new massage chairs completely fills our delivery cargo van (by the way, our massage chair delivery van has been come to be known amongst the staff as the “massage chair mobile”).
For some folks, it would be very difficult to put the packaging away in their garbage cans as it would take more than at least two of the large garbage bins to dispose of it all! The WGS takes all that packaging material and disposes of it.
Tip: some folks like to keep their massage chair packaging in their garage or basements in case they return the massage chair or resell it and want to have the same packaging available to them for shipment.
So, this is what you can expect when you order WGS with your new massage chair:
1. delivery of your new massage chair to your home,
2. assembly of your new massage chair in your home,
3. placement of your new massage chair where ever in your home you want it situated, and
4. removal of all packaging material from your home (unless you want to keep it and store in at your home for future use…my kids like to build “forts” from the huge cardboard boxes!).
When you order new massage chair and WGS from us locally, here in the Salt Lake Valley, we also walk you through how to use your new massage chair and remote control when we deliver it to you. We have that added service available, as part of the WGS, so that you can begin using your chair immediately upon receiving it without having to sift through the owner’s manual.
The cost for the WGS is $199.99. We feel it is money well spent. Not just for the chair assembly which, by the way, is really quite easy to do on your own, but for the moving of the chair around your home to where you want it placed and for the packaging material removal. Most, if not all, of our massage chairs are heavy enough that it could take two of you to move it around the house or business, especially when trying to lift it our of the box. Some of the massage chairs, like the Omega and Sanyo chairs, to name a few, have wheels on the back of the chair which allow for easy maneuverability of your new massage chair once it is unpacked.
To order WGS with your massage chair is very simple…you don’t have to do anything!! It is, by default, included in your shopping cart whenever you add a massage chair to the cart. If you DON’T want WGS, then you just have to remove it from the shopping cart, but clicking on the “x” next to the service and it will be removed from your cart. It’s that easy!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016