It sure has been exciting around here lately. I haven’t had this much energy or this much fun in years! We are less than a week away from our open house. We are going to have it on Monday, December 10th, from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. I have invited all our neighbors and all our patients to the event. We will have gourmet pizza from Wasatch Pizza and all the purified, bottled water that one can handle!
I’m not sure everything will be ready for the open house, but we are excited to get the word out about it. Here is what we have been up to in preparation for the opening of the showroom:
1. We have every one of the models we planned on in the beginning, except the HT-7450. that’s the anti-gravity chair from Human Touch. We will probably have it here within a couple of weeks.
2. We have a new local phone line put in. We still have our toll-free number, 1-888-259-5380, but we added a local line for our local visitors to the store. It is 801-417-8240.
3. We have a new neon sign that will be mounted next to the clinic sign. It goes up on Wednesday.
4. We have arranged for “90-Day-Same-As-Cash” financing from the GE Money Store. Now, we can offer no interest and/or no payments for up to 12 or 24 months.
5. We purchased a cargo/utility van for shipping chairs around the Salt Lake Valley. We just had the van “wrapped” last week, by Matt at purplegorillagraphics.com. Now, we have a “mobile billboard”. It is a hoot driving around in it to see the looks on folk’s faces when they see us drive by.
6. We contracted with the Zeit Company, here in Salt Lake City, to create an acrylic “thermometer” to gauge how much money we have raised for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. You see, for every chair we sell through our showroom, $25-50 will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Utah. I am so excited about this. Three years back our clinic adopted a young girl named Alexis, who had severe cerebral palsy with complications. We raised $3500 and made it possible for her to go to Disneyworld. She came back and we got a chance to meet her. Her mother said she became a completely different child after the Disneyworld experience. What an absolute sweetheart. I fell in love with her and the Make-A-Wish Foundation for what it does for terminally ill kids. So, I have this vision of a thermometer-like gauge on the wall with markings for every $25 we donate from chair sales up to $5000, which is the cost of a wish nowadays. At the top of the gauge will be an acrylic logo of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Next to the gauge will be an acrylic holder of the picture of the child we adopt. Jim Milburn at Zeit has caught my vision and is putting something together for me this week for our open house. My goal is to adopt and fund two children per year through our massage chair sales. Won’t that be fantastic?!?!?! I’ll keep you posted as to who our first adopted child will be.
Well, that’s about it. If you are a Utah resident or are going to be in Utah on the 10th, please come and celebrate with us. We’d love for you to visit and give me a chance to get to know you personally. Thank you for your support. We are so grateful for all the folks that have patronized our business through years. You have made it possible for us to open this showroom and grow this business. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of Infinity Overture Massage Chair - April 17, 2019
- The New DreamWave M.8 Massage Chair! - April 4, 2019
- FDA Approved Massage Chairs? Really?? Don’t Believe It! - March 28, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Businesses – Any Warranty Coverage? - March 23, 2019
- The New Super Novo from Human Touch - March 13, 2019