We’ve had the ZeroG 4.0 in our showroom for a couple of months now and thought I’d share a few thoughts about the chair with you now that I am a little more familiar with it.
I have really come to like this chair. It is not a bells and whistles type chair, in other words it is not full of airbags in various and sundry places like a lot of the other chinese-made chairs have. It is all about rollers and paddles and aesthetics, which I will get into in a moment.
Here are some of my impressions:
1. The chair is smaller in size and doesn’t look, at all, like the “typical” massage chair. The ottoman is hidden under the seat of the chair and their are no arm airbags so one would not even be able to discern that this chair was a massage chair.
By the way, when the ottoman is out, you can rotate it so that the foot and calf wells are facing down. So, even when the ottoman is out from under the seat, you can adjust it so that it still doesn’t look like a massage chair.
2. “Go To Zero” function which basically is a 1-step button on the remote that pulls out the ottoman and reclines the chair into the zero gravity position. Very easy to do. Then you just have to select the massage program you want and you are on your way. You will need to turn on the feet independently of the back massage, which can be done from the remote control (or Immersion Director, as Human Touch likes to call it).
3. You only need 5″ from the wall to place the chair. Unlike other massage chairs, this chair does not require 12-18″ of space between the back rest and the wall. In other chairs, the body of the chair, for the most part, stays static and doesn’t move as much when you are reclining the the chair back. When you recline the ZeroG 4.0 into the zero gravity position, the chair sort of “rocks” into position pulling the whole chair body and back rest forward. I’m not sure if I am describing this right, but the basic idea is that the chair moves as a unit into the reclined, zero gravity position…not just reclining a back rest towards the wall.
4. Body Map PRO is Human Touch’s version of manual settings typically seen on other massage chairs. Pretty much all massage chairs have automatic settings and manual settings. If you want the chair to work on a specific area of the spine and perform only certain massage techniques, you have to press a few buttons to get the rollers where you want them and then to set up the massage type.
Well, with the Body Map PRO, all you have to do is press the area of the body, on the body map found on the remote, that you want worked and the chair will send the rollers right to that area and do it’s work. Very convenient and very easy to use for anyone.
5. The foot and calf massage on this chair is fantastic. Human Touch uses soft rubber paddles that move in a wave-like motion on your lower extremities (legs) to enhance circulation back to the heart. No airbags that just compress…the paddles give a beautiful, firm massage that feels heavenly.
I might also add that although Human Touch says that this chair does not come with foot rollers, man it sure feels like rollers are working on the soles of your feet with this chair. That, coupled with the foot and calf paddles, makes for one of the best foot massages I’ve ever experienced.
6. This is the first massage chair I’ve ever seen that has separate roller intensity adjustments for the upper back and the lower back. So, if you want a more intense lower back roller massage but you’re a little sensitive in the upper back, you can isolate the intensity adjustment for each area. Very cool!
7. Unlike some of the other massage chairs from Human Touch, the rollers on this model go down lower into the low back. Whereas other models go down to about the belt-line, the ZeroG rollers go down to the top of the buttocks, which makes for a much better low back massage.
If you are looking for a massage chair that has lots of airbags all over the body, this is probably not the chair for you. If you want a quality massage, that includes zero gravity and a superior foot and calf massage, then give this model a shot. I honestly don’t think you’ll regret it. Great chair. Doesn’t take up a lot of space and looks like a “normal” chair. Plus, the price is very reasonable for the quality of chair that you are getting.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- New Massage Chair Models! - December 11, 2018
- Give the Gift of a Massage Chair this Holiday Season - December 10, 2018
- Advantage: Massage Chair Relief - November 29, 2018
- Massage Chair Relief on the Road! - November 20, 2018
- More Info About the Human Touch Novo XT2 - November 9, 2018