As I reported in my visits to the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) and the Las Vegas Furniture Market, Cliff Levin, the brains behind the success of Inada USA and the parent company known as Furniture For Life (FFL), has introduced a new brand to the USA massage chair market. It is called OHCO.
The exciting part of this new chair line is the flagship OHCO M.8 massage chair! Here are the features of the new OHCO M.8 and the OHCO M.8LE (limited edition). The features are essentially all the same for both models, except that the M.8LE has leather upholstery with a plush suede leather interior upholstery, whereas the M.8 has a synthetic leather upholstery.
Top 10 List of DreamWave Features:
- 3D/4D L-track roller mechanism – Pretty standard stuff nowadays, but “Made in Japan” chairs had not come out with an L-track, be it 2D or 3D/4D.
- Foot rollers – Another very common feature in today’s massage chair world that was not found on a Japanese-made chair until recently with the Synca JP1100 and the Panasonic MAJ7 is mechanical foot rollers. The M.8 has them.
- Calf rollers – This is an up-and-coming feature that we are seeing more and more of in newer chair models. It’s a nice feature but I have come to think that the idea of them is more enchanting than the actual customer appreciation of them. But, either way, it’s another cool feature.
- Side door arm rests – Now, this is really cool! I have never seen anything like this before, but I have seen customers have trouble getting into and out of a massage chair. This feature alleviates that obstacle altogether. With the push of a simple button, you can open either arm rest and slip into the chair just like getting into a car. Great idea.
- Approach LED lighting – Not chromotherapy, but an LED light on the side of each arm rest that lights up when someone approaches the chair to use it. It illuminates the area around the chair for easier access in a darker room. A very thoughtful idea.
- Designed by Ken Okuyama – OHCO commissioned a notable designer (for Ferrari), Ken Okuyama, to create the look of the new M.8. The lines of this chair are very nice. You can see it in the images of the chair.
- Thera-Elliptical Calf Kneading – A throwback to the old Yume model, OHCO has incorporated calf air cells that inflate and knead the calf muscles. A wonderful therapy for the legs.
- Aromatherapy – There is a discreet slot in the headrest into which you can place a few drops of your favorite essential oil to elicit whatever physiological response you seek.
- Neck pillow rollers – Pretty much all massage chairs have a full spine length roller mechanism. But, if you need to use the neck pillow for support, you can’t really feel the rollers when they reach your neck. The OHCO M.8 integrates rollers into the neck support pillow. Great idea.
- Air ionizer – Located in the headrest, the ionizer cleans the air around you, ridding it of dust, dander, spores, and other pollutants.
Well, that’s a pretty good introduction to what is new with this new massage chair. The OHCO M.8 also comes with a 3 year parts and labor, in-home warranty.
So, here is the great news…we will have the OHCO M.8 massage chair in both of our showrooms within the next week. Once we have our hands on it, I’ll share plenty more info about it with you.
Dr. Alan Weidner
P.S. Give us a “Like”, “Share”, or “+1” and leave me a comment or question below to share what you learned or ask any questions, so other folks can benefit from this material.