As you can see on our website, Massage Chair Relief is a member of the Better Business Bureau. It is important to me that we strive to abide by standards of performance and integrity as established by the BBB.
Today I received a broadcast email from the Better Business Bureau, the major points of which I want to talk about today. This email was describing some company that was scamming their patrons by not sending the product ordered or by sending damaged goods. Apparently, quite a few folks had been duped by the company and were “none-to-happy” about it!
In the e-mail, Sukanto Tanoto laid out some very good guidelines when purchasing online. Buying online takes a lot of faith and trust on the side of the buyer. Who knows if a company is legitimate or just a fly-by-night company trying to scam money from unsuspecting patrons? Well, these guidelines will minimize your risk when buying any product online, whether it is a massage chair or a book:
The BBB offers these tips when buying online:
- Know who you are buying from. Check out any unknown companies through the BBB, www.bbb.org. Look for the BBBOnLine seal. This seal tells you that you’re dealing with a company that has a good reputation for satisfying customers and a secure Web site for processing your payment.
- Make sure the Web site is secure. At the point that you are providing your payment information, the beginning of the Web site address should change from http to shttp or https, indicating that the information is being encrypted. Your browser may also show a symbol, such as a padlock in the lower right corner of the window.
- Use a credit card to purchase online. Never use a debit card or the numbers from your bank account. Under federal law you can dispute the charge if you use a credit card.
- Print out documentation. When you complete your order, print out the order and information about the company’s location, so you will have it for future reference.
Here is what Massage Chair Relief is doing to instill confidence in our visitors when shopping or buying a massage chair on our site:
1. we have a secure shopping cart/check-out process – you will notice the https:// on our checkout page.
2. we are members of the BBB – they are our watchdog to make sure we are abiding by their strict advertising and operating guidelines.
3. we have opened a brick-and-mortar store, which we feel adds some legitimacy to our business. If we have a physical store location, folks can rest assured that we are a real business and not simply a “boiler room” operation.
4. my name and face are on the home page! Pretty bold, but I want folks to know that the buck stops with me. I wouldn’t put myself out there if I didn’t stand behind what we were selling.
5. we have enrolled the services of Trust Guard to verify the security and privacy on our website. You can see the small rectangular boxes on each page to let you know our site is safe.
6. we sell only top brand massage chairs. The suppliers would not allow us to sell their massage chairs if we were shady. They trust us and we act in a way that earns their trust.
7. a toll-free phone number that you can call to talk to a real person. We are always available for contact.
Well, I would hope that you got something from this post. Perhaps the tips from the Better Business Bureau will save you some heartache in future purchases.
Let us know if we ever do something that feels “sketchy” to you. We want your experience on our website to be excellent. Not to say we never make mistakes, but we strive to correct any issues and make sure your confidence never wanes on www.massage-chair-relief.com.
Dr. Alan Weidner