Although the manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are quite close between the Panasonic 30007 massage chair and the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair, there are few similarities. I just had a client question me about the difference. Below is the question and my response. I hope this helps any of you working through making that decision right now. There are some insights we have that can’t be described in a bullet point feature section…but insights that we have gained through day-to-day experience with the chairs.
“i have been wanting a good quality massage chair for about a year now. Im tired of wasting money on those throw over the chair walmart style massage units. and it is so true about these shady companies online trying to just get your money and send you no name brands,and takes forever to even respond to an email request. now if im going to go for a massage chair i want the best their is. And i am falling in love with the inada sogno plus. I havnt tried it but from the features ive read and that it massages nearly every part of you is fantastic. My only concern is that the inada sogno plus only does a shiatsu style massage, unlike the panasonic 30007 which has different style massages. i could be wrong im still researching to this day, and perhaps you guys can help me out on this. One thing is for sure from what ive seen on your website and on youtube, you seem like an honest retailer, and i feel confident to invest in a chair with you, and feel im getting a great deal and hope to solve this problem as soon as possible so i can start enjoying my new chair.”
Thank you so much for your inquiry. I don’t blame you for wanting something better than the small vibratory chair massagers. A massage chair is fantastic and no comparison, really. I agree with you on the Inada Sogno PLUS. It is an incredible massage chair and it DOES have more than just a shiatsu massage program on it. We just happen to have the Inada Sogno PLUS and the Panasonic 30007 in our showroom and it is no comparison, considering the similar pricing, although the 30007 is a very nice chair.
Here are the main differences as we see them:
1. the Sogno PLUS has the cervical traction unit, which allows for air bag massage of the top of the shoulders. This is a very innovative feature that no other chair has. It really feels like a massage therapist is using her/his elbows to massage your trapezius muscles. The Panasonic 30007 has a roller that also works on the shoulders but not as much as the Sogno. The Panasonic determines the whereabouts of your shoulders from the scan (which all good chairs now do) and then, from that scan finding, it rolls over your shoulders when it comes to them before working up your neck or down your back. It doesn’t roll very far forward to cover as much as the Sogno cervical traction unit does, but it still does more than virtually every other chair, with the exception of the Sogno of course.
2. the Sogno caters to taller people better than the Panasonic. If you are over 6 feet, you may find it a little confining on the Panasonic as the ottoman only extends about 6 inches and, unless you extend your feet completely out so that the foot massager is actually massaging your ankles, you will find your knees coming up toward your chest…not as easy to completely relax. The Sogno doesn’t have that problem.
3. the Sogno is a bigger chair and takes up more space than the Panasonic. So, if you are really confined with space, the Panasonic takes up less space.
4. the Panasonic 30007 massages about 400 sq. inches of your body, the Sogno over 1200 sq. in.
5. the Sogno PLUS has the amazing dream wave technology in the chair seat. It moves and undulates in a figure 8 pattern and up and down which to me, as a chiropractor, is a truly innovative and needed feature for low back pain sufferers, especially disc patients. You will love that feature.
6. full arm massage for the Sogno; hand, wrist and forearm massage on the Panasonic 30007.
7. Sogno PLUS is our top selling chair of ALL our chairs. We don’t sell many of the Panasonic 30007 chairs.
8. The intensity of the massage rollers is greater on the Sogno when the cervical traction unit and attached pad is lifted over the top of the chair. When the cervical traction unit and the pad are in place, the intensity of the massage may not feel as great as the Panasonic 30007. But, with the cervical traction unit and attached pad are out of the way, it is far more intense than the Panasonic 30007.
You can probably tell that we are big Sogno PLUS fans. It is the favorite chair of all the staff at our company. Having said that, the Panasonic 30007 is a great chair. We love it too, but for the money, the Inada Sogno is the best.
Pricing on the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair is $6499, but you will notice on our website that we give a $300 Visa Gift Card along with the purchase of a massage chair over $4000 (by the way, our 110% low price guarantee will match and beat any competitors price!)
With that price, you receive free shipping, free white glove delivery (set up and assembly and removal of all packaging material), and our famous unconditional, no-questions-asked 90 day money back guarantee.
Well, Don, I probably talked your ear off here. I hope you don’t mind all the info. I want you to have the best shopping experience and education will contribute to that for you. Please call me if you have any other questions or if you would like to place your order with us. My personal cell number is 801-651-2026 and I am available all day every day!
Thanks, so much, for giving me the chance to tell you about these chairs. I am at your disposal…
Dr. Alan Weidner