I was thrilled to get this email from Jun Roxas, a new client who purchased a brand new Sogno PLUS massage chair by Inada. I thought I would share it with you before I put it on the website, in our testimonial department…
Received my chair on Friday. It’s AWESOME!!!! It did take some adjusting to get it just right but the more I used it and explored, the more comfortable I got with it. A few observations:
1) Holding the control is a bit awkward, I might install it on a gooseneck (like the Panasonic chair) so I can see it while reclined and have easy access to it.
2) The chair does so much more than the instructions, the combinations are endless.
3) It can be reclined to the Zero Gravity position yet they don’t advertise this.
Over the weekend, I had to walk away from it or I would have had too many massages!
Thanks again for the great service. You have a customer and reference for life.
Best of regards,
RW CREATIVE_15A Marconi_Irvine_CA_92618_rwcreative.com_+1_949_305_7077
Thanks, Jun. We are so glad that you are happy with this awesome massage chair.
First of all, I must say that Inada NEVER offers price discounts on any of their chairs. Well, that has changed for a very limited time.
Since you have been shopping for a massage chair, you haveprobably heard all about the new Sogno PLUS massage chair by Inada. It has become the biggest selling massage chair because of it’s unique cervical neck traction, Dreamwave seat massage, and contemporary look (among many other things).
Well, this chair has become so popular that Inada has decided to discontinue it’s previously popular D-5 Robo Chair and
D-6 Robostic models. Their prices have always been $5799 and $6799, respectively. This is where you come in…
Until existing stock is gone and the chairs are completely discontinued, you can get the D-5 Robo Chair for $4299 or the D-6 Robostic massage chair for $4799.
These are absolutely unheard of prices. I’ll do the math for you…that’s $1500 off the price of the D-5 Robo Chair and $2000 off the price of the D-6 Robostic chair. In my opinion, these prices are unbelievable.
But, once the existing stock is gone, so are the prices…these chairs will no longer be available for purchase AT ALL.
Here are links for you to take a look at these models:
By the way, here are a couple of other things you need to know about:
1. These chairs are manufactured and assembled in Japan (virtually all other massage chairs are made in China).
2. Inada has a reputation of making some of the finest massage chairs in the world.
3. Both these chairs have 5 year warranties.
4. Our Visa Gift Card offer does NOT apply to these sale prices.
5. Both chairs include free shipping, bonus gifts, and free white glove delivery.
6. Your new massage chair will arrive in about 7 days.
Well, I thought you’d appreciate knowing about this deeply discounted pricing since I know you have been shopping for a massage chair. Please take advantage of this while these chairs are in stock.
You can call us anytime if you have any questions. Our toll-free number is 1-888-259-5380. If you are overseas, you can call us at our showroom number at 1-801-417-8240. You can order these chair online (we changed the pricing today) or call us and we’ll handle it for you over the phone.
Although the manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are quite close between the Panasonic 30007 massage chair and the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair, there are few similarities. I just had a client question me about the difference. Below is the question and my response. I hope this helps any of you working through making that decision right now. There are some insights we have that can’t be described in a bullet point feature section…but insights that we have gained through day-to-day experience with the chairs.
“i have been wanting a good quality massage chair for about a year now. Im tired of wasting money on those throw over the chair walmart style massage units. and it is so true about these shady companies online trying to just get your money and send you no name brands,and takes forever to even respond to an email request. now if im going to go for a massage chair i want the best their is. And i am falling in love with the inada sogno plus. I havnt tried it but from the features ive read and that it massages nearly every part of you is fantastic. My only concern is that the inada sogno plus only does a shiatsu style massage, unlike the panasonic 30007 which has different style massages. i could be wrong im still researching to this day, and perhaps you guys can help me out on this. One thing is for sure from what ive seen on your website and on youtube, you seem like an honest retailer, and i feel confident to invest in a chair with you, and feel im getting a great deal and hope to solve this problem as soon as possible so i can start enjoying my new chair.”
Thank you so much for your inquiry. I don’t blame you for wanting something better than the small vibratory chair massagers. A massage chair is fantastic and no comparison, really. I agree with you on the Inada Sogno PLUS. It is an incredible massage chair and it DOES have more than just a shiatsu massage program on it. We just happen to have the Inada Sogno PLUS and the Panasonic 30007 in our showroom and it is no comparison, considering the similar pricing, although the 30007 is a very nice chair.
Here are the main differences as we see them:
1. the Sogno PLUS has the cervical traction unit, which allows for air bag massage of the top of the shoulders. This is a very innovative feature that no other chair has. It really feels like a massage therapist is using her/his elbows to massage your trapezius muscles. The Panasonic 30007 has a roller that also works on the shoulders but not as much as the Sogno. The Panasonic determines the whereabouts of your shoulders from the scan (which all good chairs now do) and then, from that scan finding, it rolls over your shoulders when it comes to them before working up your neck or down your back. It doesn’t roll very far forward to cover as much as the Sogno cervical traction unit does, but it still does more than virtually every other chair, with the exception of the Sogno of course.
2. the Sogno caters to taller people better than the Panasonic. If you are over 6 feet, you may find it a little confining on the Panasonic as the ottoman only extends about 6 inches and, unless you extend your feet completely out so that the foot massager is actually massaging your ankles, you will find your knees coming up toward your chest…not as easy to completely relax. The Sogno doesn’t have that problem.
3. the Sogno is a bigger chair and takes up more space than the Panasonic. So, if you are really confined with space, the Panasonic takes up less space.
4. the Panasonic 30007 massages about 400 sq. inches of your body, the Sogno over 1200 sq. in.
5. the Sogno PLUS has the amazing dream wave technology in the chair seat. It moves and undulates in a figure 8 pattern and up and down which to me, as a chiropractor, is a truly innovative and needed feature for low back pain sufferers, especially disc patients. You will love that feature.
6. full arm massage for the Sogno; hand, wrist and forearm massage on the Panasonic 30007.
7. Sogno PLUS is our top selling chair of ALL our chairs. We don’t sell many of the Panasonic 30007 chairs.
8. The intensity of the massage rollers is greater on the Sogno when the cervical traction unit and attached pad is lifted over the top of the chair. When the cervical traction unit and the pad are in place, the intensity of the massage may not feel as great as the Panasonic 30007. But, with the cervical traction unit and attached pad are out of the way, it is far more intense than the Panasonic 30007.
You can probably tell that we are big Sogno PLUS fans. It is the favorite chair of all the staff at our company. Having said that, the Panasonic 30007 is a great chair. We love it too, but for the money, the Inada Sogno is the best.
Pricing on the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair is $6499, but you will notice on our website that we give a $300 Visa Gift Card along with the purchase of a massage chair over $4000 (by the way, our 110% low price guarantee will match and beat any competitors price!)
With that price, you receive free shipping, free white glove delivery (set up and assembly and removal of all packaging material), and our famous unconditional, no-questions-asked 90 day money back guarantee.
Well, Don, I probably talked your ear off here. I hope you don’t mind all the info. I want you to have the best shopping experience and education will contribute to that for you. Please call me if you have any other questions or if you would like to place your order with us. My personal cell number is 801-651-2026 and I am available all day every day!
Thanks, so much, for giving me the chance to tell you about these chairs. I am at your disposal…
Our two top selling massage chairs that we sell, online and offline, are the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair (#1) and the Human Touch HT-1650 massage chair (#2). A client interested in both chairs, but not sure which one to get, asked us to prepare a list of the features of both so that she could identify the differences on paper to assist her in her buying decision.
Well, Steffanie, my office manager and a Licensed Massage Therapist, took on the task and prepared a sheet laying out the major differences between the chairs. I am including the text of her document below for your perusal if you find yourself in the same pickle:
Does gentle neck traction-while cradling the head. The cervical traction unit pushes down on the shoulders to create space between the cervical vertebrae.
Has 3-D roller technology to where the rollers not only work up and down the back but also push in and out working all three axes (X, Y, Z)
The Dreamwave Plus model has a patented Dreamwave program that has the seat moving in a slow figure 8 pattern and the air cells inflate along the outside of the thighs. The whole program is designed to get movement in the hip joints and in the lower vertebrae. It’s a very relaxing and therapeutic program and very unique to only this massage chair.
It works more square inches of the body than any other chair on the market from shoulders to fingertips, hips outer thighs, shins, calves and feet (over 12oo sq. in.)!
The stretch program not only does flexion and extension of the spine but also rotation of the back so that more muscles get stretched.
The intensity can be adjusted per body part
It is upholstered in a faux leather that is pretreated with an anti-bacterial and dirt-resistant finish.
The track that runs along the back goes very low, down in to the sacral and upper buttocks areas. Not many models have such a long vertical track down to the sacrum.
It has an optical scanning system that will run at the beginning of a program to detect how tall you are and where your tight areas are. It basically creates a topographical map of your body so that it knows where all your bony prominences are and will accommodate that with the massage.
Award winner for design and engineering at CES in LasVegas 2008.
The remote is easy to follow and very easy to see what the chair is doing while it is in an auto program.
The length of the track on the back hits at about belt level, maybe just a little lower depending on how the person fits in the chair…not as low as theSogno.
The foot ottoman is phenomenal, it does kneading and vibration. It can do this because it has a motor in the foot piece. This makes it too heavy to elevate.
The ottoman will only function in one position. If you fully recline the HT-1650 massage chair back the ottoman will remain in the same position regardless of the degree of chair back recline. **Someone with a hyperlordotic lumbar curve may experience low back pain because the hyperlordosis is exaggerated by the recline. The lumbar pillow can fill the lordosis created by the reclining position, but then the massage will be diminished quite a bit in the lumbar spine.
It is upholstered in real top-grain leather.
The aesthetics of the chair is classic and looks like a regular recliner vs. a massage chair.
It does not do compression around the hips.
The arms are just vibration, no compression.
It has air cells in the seat that inflate and deflate to facilitate the circulation and work the muscles under the thighs
The massage intensity can be adjusted to accommodate the needs of many different users; from very light to really deep.
It has a fabric cutout around the head so that you can recline back and your head sinks into the chair more…you can feel the rollers really deep into the neck and upper back.
It has an Acupoint Detection System that will run at the start of any auto program to detect how tall you are and where your tight muscle areas are.
Similarities between the two massage chairs:
They both have a 5 year limited warranty.
They both have 8 auto programs.
They both work the neck all the way to low back and both do the feet, they just do it a little differently.
This last month we have made some changes to the Massage-Chair-Relief.com website to make it better and more convenient for our visitors. Here are just a few of the things that we have done for you…
1. added a Google Map of our location on the home page. Now that we have a showroom, we get lots of inquiries as to where we are located. This map makes it easy to put in your origination address and then get directions to Massage Chair Relief. Easy as pie!
2. added a “Bestseller List” of our top-selling massage chairs in each price category. This should help those of you who are shopping to know what others are deciding upon when it comes to getting a massage chair. We have broken up the categories by price: under $2000, between $2001-$3000, between $3001-$4000, and over $4000. Our top 2 selling massage chairs just happen to be priced over $4000: the Sogno PLUS massage chair (#1), and the HT-1650 massage chair (#2) . This bestsellers list also has the price of the chair along with stock availability for shipping.
3. added a “Product Review” section for each massage chair model at the bottom of every product page. You can also access the review by clicking on the “Submit a Customer Review Today” link under the “Add to Cart” button of each product page. Now, when you get a massage chair model that we carry, whether you bought it from us or not, you can go onto the product page and give your two cents worth about the chair. I really appreciate constructive praise and criticism as a shopper. It helps educate me of things I need to be aware of a product. So, your review will help others make a decision about whether to get a particular model or not. We welcome your opinion.
4. added Estimated Delivery Times for each massage chair. We have put up an estimated delivery date for “Standard Delivery”, “White Glove Service”, and “Express Delivery”. Now, these times are just well-educated estimates, based on the shipping company’s estimate and our experience. But, I will tell you that when it comes to shipping a massage chair, nothing is certain!! Just use these dates as guidelines. Often the chair comes earlier than the estimated time, but once in a great while, takes longer. But, at least this feature will give you a good idea of what you can plan on for delivery.
5. added a “Product Photos” section on each product page. Over the next couple of weeks, we will be adding every possible photo we can find for each massage chair model. We want you to see everything you can about the chair, especially if you don’t get much of an opportunity to sit in one.
6. we altered slightly our showroom hours. We used to be open until 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. This served us well before Christmas, but now we are good to close up shop at 7:00 p.m. during the week.
We have lots of other plans, but this should be enough to keep your shopping experience positive for the time being.
Have a super day!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Every year at about this time, folks start feeling anxious about how late they can order their massage chair in order for their chair to be delivered by December 25th. Well, we’ve done our homework with the manufacturers who we represent and here is what you can expect if you want to get your new massage chair delivered by Christmas:
Regular freight to the East Coast: December 16, 2008
Regular freight to the West Coast: December 19, 2008
White Glove Service to the East Coast: December 10, 2008
White Glove Service to the West Coast: December 15, 2008
Last day for regular freight: December 16, 2008
Last day for White Glove Service: December 12, 2008
Last day for any order to be shipped out for 2008: December 22, 2008
Sanyo and Panasonic:
Last day for regular freight: December 19, 2008
Last day for White Glove Service: December 15, 2008
Last day for regular freight: December 17, 2008
Last day for White Glove Service: December 13, 2008
So, the bottom line is that you better take a look at the calendar if you are going to get a massage chair for you or a loved one before December 25. Time is a wastin’!
Because the Visa Gift Cards take a little longer to process, if you wait until the last day for any of the manufacturers to order, you may not get your Visa Gift Card by Christmas. But, as long as you get the massage chair, I guess everything will work out perfectly. The bonus gifts, by the way, should be there by December 25th, as they only take 3-4 days to be shipped.
It just occurred to me, after talking to a massage chair shopper, that I haven’t given a list of the massage chair models in our showroom. For the rest of America and the world, it probably doesn’t matter, but to Utah residents it just might be important to know. So, without further adieu, here is a list of the models that we carry in our Salt Lake showroom:
We were privileged to have Ken Kojima from Inada come visit our showroom on Saturday. Ken is the chief technician for Inada Massage Chairs in the US and came over to visit Inada vendors in Utah. We spent an afternoon together visiting about the Inada massage chairs, and Ken showed us some interesting things about each of the Inada chairs that we have in our showroom…the Sogno PLUS massage chair, the Robo Massage Chair, and the i2 massage chair.
Among other things, he told us that the Sogno PLUS chocolate colored chair has black material covering the interior portions of the chair, rather than the creme colored material that is on our original chair. I will have to get those new pictures on our website. The creme colored interior material is still on the Standard model.
I also learned about how to rearrange the shoulder nodules on the cervical traction unit of our Sogno PLUS massage chair to optimize the trigger point therapy on the traps and levator scapulae muscles. He also went over the voice response system of the new D5 Robo Massage Chair that we just got a couple of weeks ago. It is absolutely fascinating. These folks make some great chairs.
Ken also told me a little about the history of the Inada company and the president, Mr. Inada. Apparently, Mr. Inada made his first massage chair in 1962 by adding some rollers to the back of one of his chairs. That was the beginning. Now, they are one of the largest massage chair companies.
Thanks for the visit Ken. It was great to get to know you. Mydaughter, Melissa, was at the showroom for her first day of training, so this visit from Ken was extra special since my daughter got to hear about these fine chairs from the source. She really appreciated the visit. (also, thanks for your pliers, Ken, to pull our key out of the showroom door…I don’t know what we would have done without you. We got new keys this morning!!).
Oh, man, this is a cool massage chair! We got the D5 Robo massage chair from Inada on Thursday and it is quite a chair. Just off the top, I’ll tell you about a few of the features that seemed really cool to me:
1. It has a voice response microphone that will take your voice commands to do what you want the massage chair to do. If you look at the picture on our site, you can see the microphone come around the right side of the chair at about head level. You speak into the mic and the chair does what you tell it to do. Very cool!
2. It also has arm massagers that attach to the arm rests that can be moved (slid) along the arm rest to massage different parts of your arms. They look a little gaudy on the photo and they actually look the same in real life, but they are great massagers. They can also be removed so that the chair doesn’t have to look like something too terribly bulky.
3. It is a very sharp looking chair. Very handsome and nice looking. We got the black one.
4. This is a heavy massage chair! It is one of the heaviest if not the heaviest chair we carry. Cliff at Inada tells me that the ottoman can easily be removed to make lifing easier. It also has wheels on the back of the legs to make for easier moving around your house or business. It is a very sturdy massage chair.
5. 3-D massage rollers. The back massage is very good and strong. The 3-D massage pushes your body forward and back whilst rolling up and down. It is quite a unique massage experience. It is also available on the Sogno massage chair but not quite as pronounced.
I am excited to announce that for the month of September, 2008 I am able to offer a FREE iJoy massage chair with the purchase of the HT-1650 massage chair by Human Touch! Yes, that is right…a free iJoy 130 (any color), a free iJoy 300 (any color), or an iJoy HT-2720 massage chair (eggplant, green, or cashew) when you purchase an HT-1650 massage chair from our website.
You can order the HT-1650 over the phone or directly on this website. When you call us, just tell us that you are taking us up on the 2-for-1 September Special and tell us which iJoy you want. If you order online, you will have to enter the iJoy model and color that you want in the “Coupon” section of the check out page of the shopping cart. When you get to that field, and let’s say you want an HT-2720 in Eggplant color, just enter those words “HT-2720 Eggplant” in that field and when we get the processed order we will see exactly which free chair you want with your order.
It’s that simple.
A couple of things you need to know about this promotion:
1. it is only good until midnight of Tuesday, September 30, 2008. If it is a smashing success, we may offer it again before Christmas (because the iJoy would make a lovely Christmas gift for someone else in!).
2. free shipping and bonus gifts still apply to all promotional sales.
3. GE Financing is also still available on all purchases, regardless of what the promotion is.
4. You must take the free massage chair. You cannot decline the iJoy massage in lieu of an equivalent dollar discount on the HT-1650 massage chair.
Well, that’s about it. Don’t hesitate one minute to call us if you have any questions or if you want to order your chair today. Our toll free number is 1-888-259-5380.
I just received an email from Cliff Levin, president of FIUS, the US distributor for Inada massage chairs. He tells me that for the month of September, 2008 Inada will offer a FULL 5-year warranty for the Inada Sogno PLUS massage chair!
Yes, that is right…a full, 5-year home coverage warranty that a client typically has to typically purchase in addition to standard warranty coverage. Here is the text of the email:
Dear Inada Dealer:
The finest massage chair on the market now comes with the best pre-packaged warranty plan!
SOGNO is now the hottest chair with the hottest warranty to back it up! People who have yet to jump in will not want to be left in the dust as this goldmine heats up to Q4. There is no time like the present to get on board with SOGNO.
All SOGNO Plus purchases made between September 1 and September 30, 2008 will AUTOMATICALLY come with a 5 YEAR FULL IN HOME SERVICE & PARTS WARRANTY which includes our standard “repair or replace” promise. The warranty coverage extends for 5 years from the date of PURCHASE on the register receipt. As far as I know, no other massage chair company has ever offered such a plan! If this plan is popular and successful, INADA will consider extending it for an additional month or more.
I ask that you share this as soon as possible with the entire network. It deals with 3 issues that may come up as objections:
1) It takes away any risk (real or perceived) of malfunction associated with the purchase;
2) It addresses price objections by “pegging” the cost over the first 5 years of use. If you buy another chair without such a warranty – especially if it is not of the quality of INADA – costs can increase over time as you spend to keep your chair operational;
3) It demonstrates the underlying quality of INADA to begin with. We can only afford this because, due to initial product quality, our warranty costs over time are extremely low.
Register receipts must be dated between September 1 and 30, 2008 and we must be asked to ship the order immediately / very soon. This may be advertised as a savings from the regular warranty retail price ($479) or with something like “the only massage chair on the market with a 5 year FULL parts and FULL labor warranty”. Stores may purchase extended warranties for floor model they sell, but they are not free with sale of a floor model.
In a nutshell, here is how the coverage works:
– Your Sogno PLUS will be serviced in home. If there is no tech within a reasonable distance, we will pay to ship the chair for factory service.
– The warranty covers all defects for 5 full years from purchase. Parts AND labor are fully covered.
– If we are unable to repair the chair, it will be replaced with a similarly priced or identical chair at no cost to the consumer.
– It is good in the USA and Canada.
– Like all warranties, it does not cover abuse by people or pets or being dropped out a window
At this moment – it will change week to week due to demand – we are shipping all SOGNO colors within 1 week of receiving a P/O.
Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with this exceptional promotion.
So, there you go…an extended 5-year warranty on our currently most popular chair. If you haven’t tried out this chair yet, please do. It will blow you away. Remember that this warranty offer is only applicable to the Sogno PLUS, and not the Standard Sogno.
Please call us at toll-free at 1-888-259-5380 if you have any additional questions or if you would like to purchase this chair. As I have mentioned before on this blog, you can only purchase this massage chair over the phone or in our store. You cannot place the order on our website…so just give us a call.
I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago about getting the Inada Sogno massage chair in a green color. This customer had seen a green one in his mother-in-laws home that she had purchased in Taiwan and wanted to know if we could get him the same color. I called the distributor and they said “Sure”, but with a couple of caveats:
1. $1000 extra to make a special order (you see, green is not a standard color in either of the Sogno models), and
2. the buyer has to pay for shipping from Inada in Japan to USA.
So, after learning that the customer decided to get a regular “stock” color. But, this is good information for those of you that may be pondering a special order. I’m sure it will make some of you think twice!
Also, I just wrote an article about the Inada Sogno massage chair and posted it on the web. Here is a link to the article:
Inada Sogno Massage Chair Article
I rather like this article, if I don’t mind saying so myself! I hope you enjoy it, too. If you are interested in more information on this amazing chair or if you would like to purchase one, feel free to call us at our showroom, 1-801-417-8240, or call us toll-free on our website at 1-888-259-5380. Steffanie or I will gladly take care of you.
Did you know that the Sogno massage chair comes in two boxes? White Glove Service (WGS) is a must-have when ordering these chairs. We include the WGS whenever a Sogno is ordered through our website. Steffanie and I actually put together our Sogno Dream Wave PLUS on our own when we received it and it did take us quite a bit of time to assemble it. It is not that it is terribly hard, but it is just time-consuming. It definitely is better to take advantage of the WGS when ordering this chair.
I received a good question from one of my website visitors yesterday. He lives in England and asked a question that probably a lot of folks have…about low back pain, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease, and which massage chair would be most suitable. Below is the question and my response. I hope it assists you in some way…
Hello Dr Weidner,
I am 54 years old, fit and not overweight, but my surgeon has told me i have degenerative disc disease. I regular get bouts of sciatica in the legs usually after playing tennis or doing gardening activities and always suffering with stiffness in the back (stretching helps me very much).
Could you please advice which chair would be most helpful with my condition.
(I would want it situated in my very contempory lounge
Hello, again, S.D.!
Thanks for the information. Sciatica has always been a difficult condition to handle, since it can be secondary to severe muscle spasm, herniated disc, or degenerative arthritis.
The Sogno is a delightful chair, but what makes it so interesting is this new Dream Wave technology. I am including a link to my site where a video of the chair is available. Take a look at how the seat shifts and the hip airbags work the hips. The chair, at the same time, also rotates the lumbar spine one way and then the other, while the seat is shifting and the hips are being massaged. It is certainly the most thorough of any massage chair in this area that I have ever seen.
While I was in practice, I always had a concern with other massage chairs, that the buttock and sacroiliac joints didn’t
get the attention they deserved. This Sogno is the first to take a decent stab at it.
Also, the Sogno is the most contemporary looking massage chair I have ever seen.
Now, having said that about the Sogno, let me talk a little bit about the anti/zero gravity massage chairs, the HT-7450 by Human Touch and the Sanyo 6700. These chairs were born of the decompression fad going on here in the US. Spinal decompression is all the rage for low back pain sufferers, particularly those of discogenic origin (disc problems). Human Touch and Sanyo have taken that decompression idea and coupled it with regular massage chair function. It is a novel idea and my clients seem to love it. I have the HT-7450 in my showroom and on the website, but the Sanyo 6700 is only on my website. I have never sat in the 6700. We sell quite a few of them. The idea of these chairs is to tilt the whole body back, by reclining the chair back AND tilting the seat up to about 45 degrees. Most other chairs have a reclining back of course, but the seat normally stays horizontal. The antigravity chairs tilt evetything back…almost to the point where you feel like the chair is going to slide you off the back! It opens up – decompresses – the back, particularly the low back.
You can take a look at the images through the links below to see if they look contemporary enough. The HT-7450 can look like an executive office chair when it is upright. The Sanyo looks like a pretty traditional massage chair.
I will get a shipping quote later today for the Sogno. If you would like a shipping quote for any of these other chairs, let me know. By the way, the Sogno ships in two boxes, whereas the other two models ship in one.
After months of waiting, the wait is over! We received our Inada Sogno PLUS and i2A massage chairs this morning. It took us most of the morning to assemble the Sogno chair. It was quite a task to put it together. The foot rest and the sides have to be assembled. The chair came in two large boxes, but assembled it weighed 250 pounds, 40 lbs. less than the HT-1650. The assembling instructions are pretty straight forward, but the time it took to assemble was quite a while. Fortunately for all Songo buyers, the chair comes with White Glove Service…in other words, the shippers will assemble the chair in your home and/or business.
We got the creme colored Sogno PLUS massage chair. Now, I have been calling it the Dream Weaver PLUS chair in previous blog posts, but it is actually the Dream WAVE PLUS chair. I was messed up with the name for a time, but now we have straightened ourselves out. I sat in the chair this afternoon for the first time and it was quite a ride! I actually fell asleep while Steffanie was explaining the chair functions to me.
We also set up our Inada i2A massage chair this morning and took it for a test drive too. A very nice massage. I am embarrassed to say but this was the first time I had ever sat in an Inada massage chair. Human Touch used to carry the i2A, but called it the RMS-10, years ago when I first began selling massage chairs, but I had never actually sat in one. It is a very nice massage chair…you can tell that this company’s chairs are built with quality, just with the look and feel of the chairs. I also noticed that the Sogno massage chair is made in Japan, while the i2A is made in China.
Steffanie and I both are taking notes about the chairs and will provide a more in-depth review of the chairs in future blog posts. But, for now, we are really enjoying them. Comments from the showroom visitors today share our feeling that these are very nice massage chairs. Here are a couple of pics of me on the new Sogno massage chair.
I got off the phone yesterday with Cliff Levin, President of the FIUS, the US Distributor for Family Inada massage chairs, after telling me that the shipment of Inada Sogno Dreamweaver PLUS massage chairs that was to have reached folks by the third week of July is completely SOLD OUT already! Fortunately we had some orders that were filled with this shipment, but I have plenty of other folks that are waiting till the last minute to place their order with us.
This is all I have to say…if you want a Sogno Dreamweaver PLUS massage chair (and I rarely get calls about the standard Sogno model, by the way) you better get ordering today, because these chairs are so “hot” that they are pre-sold before the shipment even comes in and if you don’t have your stake in one, you will have to wait…and wait…and wait…
The next shipment is coming in the first week of August and Cliff tells me that their are only a few chairs unspoken for at this point…but they will be taken very soon. So, if you are considering getting one of these revolutionary new massage chairs, don’t sit on your butt. Get on the phone and call us right now to assure that you get your chair before anyone else does.
Since ordering these chairs online is a “no-no”, you must call us to place your order. You can all us toll-free at 1-888-259-5380 or you can call our showroom’s local Utah number at 1-801-417-8240 and speak to Steffanie about placing your order for you.
We are finally getting our new Sogno Dreamweaver PLUS massage chair next week and, I’ve got to tell you, we are so excited about it. I’ll give you a full report on this blog once I get the chair tested and evaluated.
Did I also mention that the Sogno PLUS is only sold through select health care providers. I am your man (or doctor)!!
I mentioned last week that I had a telephone interview with Cliff Levin, president of the US Distribution arm of Family Inada massage chairs. I said I would post a link to the interview once I had it edited and ready to go. Well, it is ready to go. Below is the link to that interview. It is about 50 minutes long and we discuss a number of things, from the new and exciting Sogno massage chair to the other Inada models to some of the industry issues at the current time. I hope you enjoy it.
The Sogno massage chair is available right now to order. The Sogno Dreamweaver Plus will not be available until the third week in June. You must call our showroom or our toll free number if you wish to order a new Sogno massage chair. Online shopping cart sales are not part of the retail agreement with Inada. So, give us a call at either 1-888-259-5380 or 801-417-8240.
I just found out today that the delivery date of the Sogno Dreamweaver PLUS massage chair, of which I am so excited to finally see and experience, is being pushed back to the third week of July. It is going to be such a big deal with this chair that I totally get why it is hard to find one around. I pre-ordered mine way back at the beginning of the year, and am still awaiting it’s arrival. The moment I get it in the showroom, I will test and retest it (which means I’ll be sitting in it all day!!) and then will post on the blog so that you can get my feedback about it.
The regular Sogno massage chair is now out on the market and is available to be bought for $5999. It costs about $500 less than the Dreamweaver Plus chair ($6499), but doesn’t have the following features that only the Sogno PLUS does have:
1. heated seat
2. dreamweaver seat massage
3. 3-D massage rollers.
4. the cream color that you see on the video and images is only available on the PLUS model, NOT the Standard model.
I have far more requests for the Dreamweaver PLUS Sogno chair because of these four features. It seems to be far more popular at this point. I suppose that is why it is back ordered for so long.
Here is an interesting thing you should know about the Inada massage chairs…although I can display it on my website, Inada will not allow online retailers to sell the massage chairs using an online shopping cart. The pricing is displayed and the chair information is all on the site, but to order one, you must call us over the phone to place the order. As a matter of fact, the Sogno Dreamweaver PLUS cannot even be displayed on the website…it is only to be demonstrated in a health care provider’s clinic or in a specialty retail store showroom.
In the meantime, I had a phone interview on May 27, 2008 with the president of FIUS, which is the US distributor for Inada chairs. His name is Cliff Levin and he spent close to an hour answering my questions and telling us a lot about the Sogno chair, the workings of family Inada in Japan, and brief overviews of most of the products we will be selling in our store in July. He is a wonderful fellow and really answered my questions thoroughly and clearly. FIUS, by the way, stands for Family Inada US.
I will provide a link to the interview as soon as it is edited and I have it posted to my website.
As I mentioned a week or so ago, we are moving our showroom to another suite, where we can dedicate the whole space to massage chairs and not share with the chiropractic clinic. Another Doctor is managing the clinic now, leaving me to look after the massage chair business full time. I absolutely love the massage chair business, especially the internet end of it.
We had the walls textured and painted at the end of last week. We also had some tile put in the front entrance and had the carpet laid today. It looks beautiful…like a living room. You will feel so comfortable when you come visit us; just like you are in your own home. Tomorrow we will move the massage chairs over to the showroom and my wife still has some decorating to do. We are also going to go with as much incandescent lighting as possible and stay away from the fluorescent which are built into this building where the showroom now is. We figure that the natural lighting will feel better and warmer than the fluorescent bulbs which are so commonplace in commercial businesses.
We should be getting the new Inada massage chairs this month, along with the HT-103 and the Perfect Chair by Human Touch. We are excited to expand our brick and mortar selection for the good people of Utah. Some day we will have such a massage chair showroom in your city!
Our new address will be 2248 W. 5400 S. , Taylorsville, Utah. Our local phone number will remain the same at 801-417-8240 and our toll free number is also still the same…1-888-259-5380. You can get a hold of us either way. Come visit this unique massage chair showroom. You will love it!
Well, it looks like we have outgrown our Massage Chair Relief Retail Outlet. We have been carrying 7 models in our current showroom, which is within the walls of our chiropractic clinic, but now, with the coming of the Inada models this month, we are out of room and are relocating our massage chair store to a different store front.
The good news is that we are relocating to a storefront within the same shopping center where the clinic and previous showroom are located. We will be dedicating about 500 square feet to a massage chair showroom. My good wife, Mona, is in charge of the interior decorating of the new showroom and I can tell you that she has the touch! She will be making the showroom feel like a living room so that visitors can get a feel for how their new massage chair would look and feel in their own living or family room.
We will also be carrying the Perfect Chair model P6 anti-gravity reclining chair by Human Touch, in addition to the 7 current models. This chair is not a massage chair, but is the motivation behind the new HT-7450 anti-gravity massage chair. I mentioned that we will be carrying the Inada massage chairs, but in the showroom we will begin with only the new Sogno massage chair and the model i2a chair.
This will give us 10 chair models available to the public. We will add more models as we go along, giving us, no doubt, the largest massage chair showroom in Utah, if not the rest of the western US (I will find out if there are any other showrooms in the country with as many models to choose from and try out as we have).
We are excited about the new showroom. It is going to be great to have a showroom solely dedicated to massage chairs and not have the chiropractic clinic as part of the display. Now, we can decorate as we see fit for the massage chair alone. We are excited to get this going. The construction, texturing, painting, baseboards, tile work, and carpet laying should be done this week. I will let you know when it is done, with some accompanying photos of the new showroom. I think you are going to love it!
Dr. Weidner here again. I am just so excited about the new model from Family Inada called the Sogno massage chair. I have seen images of this chair and the first thing that struck me is how amazing and contemporary it looks. It will be released to the US public at the end of April or the first part of May. We have already pre-ordered one for our own showroom. Some of the things I like about it include neck traction, along with regular neck traction, a hip air massage on either side of your seat that undulates in a figure 8 to work the side of your hips, and arm massage air bags hidden within the frame of the chair. It is really quite unique. The US distributor says that this massage chair will blow away all other chairs. I can’t wait to see it!!
Family Inada has been making high quality massage chairs since at least the early 1970’s and has progressively developed new chairs that are industry leaders in design and function. They are created in Japan, whereas most other chairs are manufactured in China, and are usually priced at a higher point than most other chairs. The Sogno will have two models, one for $5999 and one for $6499. The higher priced massage chair will be sold through health care providers and has some additional features over the lower priced model. Once we get all the data on the chair, I will post it on this blog. In the meantime, here is a video that describes more of the features of this unique and amazing chair…