Some things have been happening lately in the industry that I thought I would share with you today:
1. As you probably already know, the Sanyo 7700 chair has been discontinued by Panasonic, who bought out Sanyo. I have written quite a bit lately about the poor customer support for the Sanyo chair and now, it all makes sense. So, the Sanyo 7700 is no more. If you’d like to buy my floor model, which is out of warranty but in amazing condition, I will give to you for $2300, which includes free shipping. It is regularly $4999, but it is 3 years old and out of warranty. But, having said that, these chairs are designed to last for years and years. Call me at 801-651-2026 if you are interested.
As a result of the demise of the Sanyo brand, we will be removing the Sanyo brand from our website within the next couple of weeks.
2. Human Touch just notified me late last week that they are having a special on the Perfect Chair, PC-085 (the “Transitional” model). For the month of June, you can get the premium leather upholstery at the same price of the faux (fake) leather upholstery. A pretty good deal if you ask me. If you are interested in this option, call me and I’ll take your order over the phone. Also, don’t forget about the last week of the free $100 restaurant.com gift card when you purchase a Human Touch ZeroG 2.0 or WholeBody 2.0 “Immersion” massage chair. This is only good until June 18, 2012.
3. Infinite Therapeutics is going through a whole bunch of changes currently. Their logo and name will be changing to “Infinity 5 Star Comfort”, their prices are coming down, and they have a new “Peace of Mind” warranty. I will have the pricing and new logo up later this week along with a new model, called the IT-8200. It is a Sogno look-a-like at an Osaki-like price point.
By the way, the new warranty is going to be a more standard 1 year parts and labor in-home, 2 years parts, 3 years structure/frame warranty. This is quite typical for most other massage chair companies and, in my opinion, was not a positive for this company prior to the change. Way to go Infinite Therapeutics!!
4. Osaki has introduced a new model, the OS-7200H, which is the exact same chair as the Osaki OS-6000, but with heat. Yep…that is the only difference. We will be displaying this model on our website later this week too, but don’t expect much different except for the price. The list price will be the same as the Osaki OS-7000, which is $3795. All of our videos on our YouTube channel about the OSaki OS-6000 equally apply to the 7200H.
Well, that’s about it for the news! I will, of course, update you about anything in the industry as I hear about it. Also, you can keep up to date by watching my Massage Chair Industry Update videos which come out every two weeks. Here is a link to my YouTube playlist of these particular videos:
Have a super day!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016