I received an email today from a lady inquiring about the Inada Sogno Dreamwave Plus massage chair (we’ve been getting a lot of inquiries since I announced that the price of the Sogno will be going up on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 to $6999). She asked a bunch of questions about this chair and I figured I’d share the email and my response with you for your own perusal, particularly if you are thinking about getting this great chair…
(My answers are in red)
Good Afternoon Dr. Weidner,
I had a few questions about the Inada Sogno:
1. Is it easy to get in and out of the chair? We find it quite easy to get in the chair and out of the chair. The chair really envelopes the user so one that has significant mobility issues might need to slide forward on the seat once the chair is upright before trying to stand up and get out.
2. Will the Sogno hold up to daily family use? I am not sure what you mean by “daily family use”, but I can tell you that we use them like crazy at trade shows and golf tournaments, one person after another, and we’ve never had a problem with a Sogno chair.
3. How difficult is the chair to clean? It is a faux leather…very, very easy to wipe clean with a wet rag. The cloth material which is located in a few areas of the chair can also be cleaned with a damp cloth. We clean our showroom chair all the time and have yet to see a stain or smudge that wouldn’t come off.
4. Does it run on 120v? How many watts or amps? Yes, it runs on 120 V; 170 watts.
5. Can several family members use it in immediate succession or does it need to cool down after each use. See #2 above for first part of this question. The chair does not need to “cool down” after each use. It can be used in succession without a problem.
6. How long can we expect it to last with daily use? If the chair is used 1x/day, the chair is designed to last up to as long as 15-20 years.
7. Does it need any kind of regular servicing? None at all. Should there be a problem with the chair, Inada is always at your disposal to take care of that problem.
8. Does the unit also contain a heating unit in the seat or back? Yes, in the seat, but it is very subtle. Please read my blog post about this feature: http://www.massage-chair-relief.com/blog/tag/inada-sogno-dreamwave-plus/
9. How does the Sogno compare to one of the high end Panasonic units? We feel that it is a more sophisticated and feature-rich chair than other models, including the Panasonic high end chairs. I wrote this blog post comparing the two chairs: http://www.massage-chair-relief.com/blog/chair-models/question-about-panasonic-30007-vs-sogno-plus-massage-chairs/
10. What does it weigh? 264 lbs.
11. Can a 6 ft. 2 in. adult fit in the chair comfortably? The chair is designed to fit folks from 4’11” up to 6’4″ comfortably.
Thank you for your help. You are welcome. I hope this assisted you in some way in your buying decision. I am always at your disposal, Deloris. Please remember that we have a 90-day money back guarantee and a 110% low price match guarantee. You can feel free to email me or call me at 801-651-2026 with any further questions or to assist you in placing your order. Make sure you do that before March 1st, though!!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016