Some big news from Human Touch this week. Here is the gist of what will be happening on October 1, 2012:
1. The price of the ZeroG 2.0 will drop from $2499 to $1999.
2. The price of the ZeroG 4.0 will drop from $3299 to $2999.
3. The price of the WholeBody 2.0 will drop but the new pricing is not yet established. I will announce that when it happens.
Also, in January 2013 the following will be happening:
4. The AcuTouch HT-9500 will be transitioned to the AcuTouch HT-9500x, which is essentially the same chair but without the HT-Connect feature that the HT-9500 currently has. So, the bottom line is that the new model will not have the functionality of the iPhone app. Human Touch tells us that future products will still have the HT-Connect feature but to keep manufacturing costs down on the HT-9500, that feature is being done away with and the new HT-9500x will function from the remote control only, as all their other massage chairs already do.
The HT-9500 will be available throughout the 4th quarter of 2012 and will transition to the new HT-9500x in January. The price for both models will remain the same.
Here are some other tidbits from the massage chair industry:
1. Osaki is back-ordered on the black OS-7000, which will be back in stock in 4 weeks.
2. Osaki is back-ordered on the black OS-1000 – no date for when it will be back in stock.
3. The Panasonic MS40 has been discontinued. There are still some avocado-colored MS40’s in stock but once they are gone, this chair will be no more.
Well, that’s about it for today. I will be recording another massage chair industry update next Monday and will go into greater detail about these things and some other stuff.
I will be interviewing one of the co-owners of Infinite Therapeutics next week. I welcome any suggestions of questions to ask him, so if you have anything you’d like to know about the Infinity massage chairs, send me your questions to [email protected] It will be fun talking to him about the IT-8200, which has become one of our top sellers, and the brand new IT-8500, which was just released this week and should be up on my site tonight or by the end of the weekend.
Dr. Alan Weidner