We just received notification from Inada on Friday that they will be discontinuing the Standard version of the Sogno massage chair. The success of the Sogno PLUS and lack of sales of the Standard version facilitated this action. To be honest, I have never sold a Standard model in the year or so since the chairs were released. And, I must say that we sell many, many of the Inada Sogno PLUS models. To quote their newsletter, here is what Inada had to say about the massage chair change:
“We have learned that having two similar models of Sogno has caused some confusion for dealers and consumers alike. We expect this confusion to abate rapidly with the discontinuation of the standard model.”
So, the bottom line is that in the last month, Inada USA has discontinued 3 chair models: the D-5 Robo Massage Chair, the D-6 Robostic, and the Sogno Standard model. Let’s see what chair they come out with next. I know, for a fact, that they have been working on some different models, one of which I have seen…and I’ve got to tell you, it is cool! Can’t wait!! I’ll keep you posted the moment I can tell you anything without getting in trouble.
Another important thing that Inada alluded to in the newsletter was that their warranty has changed…FOR THE BETTER!! Here are the changes:
1. On-site service has been increased from 3 months to one year.
2. Factory service has been eliminated and replaced with upgraded on-site service.
3. Customers receive full coverage when they purchase a floor model that has been on our store floor for 6 months or less.
4. On-site service has been added for floor models that have been on display for more than 6 months.
ON A PERSONAL NOTE: I hope you don’t mind this personal tidbit, but at the showroom yesterday I received a special delivery from my wife for our 27th anniversary (June 12, 1982). So, I sat down on my favorite Sogno PLUS massage chair, holding the fruit bouquet from my favorite person, Mona, and had Steffanie, our corporate sales manager take a pic of me with both in tow. I thought I’d share it with you.
Have a great weekend!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of Infinity Overture Massage Chair - April 17, 2019
- The New DreamWave M.8 Massage Chair! - April 4, 2019
- FDA Approved Massage Chairs? Really?? Don’t Believe It! - March 28, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Businesses – Any Warranty Coverage? - March 23, 2019
- The New Super Novo from Human Touch - March 13, 2019