I wrote a blog post about our policies on international massage chair orders. I actually spoke to Panasonic this week about a chair sale to Canada. I was told that even Panasonic and Sanyo do not honor their warranties when the chairs leave US soil. I was surprised somewhat by that, as they are international companies with a presence in virtually every market. I was told that the massage chair would have to be brought back to the US to have warranty work done on it.
If the chair goes to another country, and there is a problem with the chair, the local “service centers” can still work on the chair, but it will not be covered by the warranty. This is good information to know if you are contemplating an overseas purchase.
Massage chairs are designed to last many, many years…far more years than the warranties last. But, should something go wrong with it during the warranty period, it would sure be nice to know that it is covered.
Hope this helps!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of the Osaki Pro Maestro Massage Chair - August 8, 2018
- Why Don’t Both Arm’s Airbags Inflate at the Same Time? - August 6, 2018
- The New Human Touch Novo XT2! - July 24, 2018
- Review of Infinity Presidential Massage Chair - June 12, 2018
- Luraco iRobotics 7 vs. Luraco Legend - May 9, 2018