A common question we get from massage chair shoppers is the difference between the Panasonic 30005 and 30006 and 30007 massage chairs. I have previously written in this blog about the differences between the 30006 and 30007, which are relatively minor differences, i.e 30006 is made in China and has faux leather on arm rests, 30007 is made in Japan with wood on arm rests (http://www.massage-chair-relief.com/blog/chair-models/panasonic-30006-vs-panasonic-30007-massage-chairs/).
But, the differences between the 30005 and 30007 are a little more pronounced. I figured this would be a great forum to share those differences with you. The Panasonic 30000 series of chairs is their upper-echelon family of massage chairs. The are the most feature rich and more expensive of the Panasonic massage chairs army. I have been told that the Panasonic 30005 massage chair was made in conjunction with Premier Health Products. I think that they, and their family of websites, along with Panasonic’s own website, are the only retailers of the 30005 model. Here are the major differences between the two:
1. Total square inch coverage by the 30007 is 460 sq. inches; coverage by the 30005 is only 296 sq. inches (other than the Inada Sogno massage chair, the 30007 has the most sq. inch coverage of any other of the major massage chair models – the Sogno covers over 1200 sq. inches, FYI),
2. 22 airbags in the 30005, compared to 36 airbags in the 30007,
3. Waist air massage and outer arm massage are available only in the Panasonic 30007 massage chair model. The outer arm massage is really a rear airbag shoulder massage that pushes the shoulders forward from behind,
4. The 30005 model has an “Ultra Deep Massage” feature that is not available on the 30007 model,
5. It seems as though the massage roller width is fixed on the 30005 and is adjustable on the 30007 (can be adjusted between 2″ and 8.3″),
6. Suggested retail price is $5999 on the 30007 and $4499 on the 30005. But, I can tell you that you can get the 30007 for around $4000 and I’ve seen the 3005 for around $3800.
Hope that assists you Panasonic massage chair shoppers.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of the Osaki Pro Maestro Massage Chair - August 8, 2018
- Why Don’t Both Arm’s Airbags Inflate at the Same Time? - August 6, 2018
- The New Human Touch Novo XT2! - July 24, 2018
- Review of Infinity Presidential Massage Chair - June 12, 2018
- Luraco iRobotics 7 vs. Luraco Legend - May 9, 2018