As you know, Panasonic has discontinued it’s 30003 massage chair lounger. As you may also know, they have introduced the brand new, leather-upholstered, manufactured-in-Japan 30007 massage chair.
Well, we received our very own Panasonic 30007 massage chair for our showroom last Wednesday. It was quite easy to set up (much like the 30003) and it was up and running in no time. Here are some of the things we noticed immediately upon assembling and using the chair:
1. Faux wood arm rests – they look quite classy. They are a shiny, dark wood accent to the chair. Underneath the faux wood armrests is….
2. Arm massage. The wooden arm rests lift up at the back end, allowing you to slide your arms to the front of the arm rest where the wood is attached to the arm rest frame. The air bags in the massagers squeeze your fingers, wrists, and forearms. I actually felt my carpal bones (wrist bones) pop like a chiropractic adjustment when the air bags squeezed/massaged my wrists. That reminds me also that…
3. The back massage rollers were vigorous enough to pop my mid back bones, also like a chiropractic adjustment. Although vigorous, I did not find the Panasonic 30007 massage to be too vigorous or painful in the least.
4. Seat and hip massage. The seat has airbags in it and, along with that, there are hip massagers on either side of the seat (ala Sogno massage chair hip massage) that inflate and massage the ITB’s on the outside of both thighs.
5. Shoulder/subscapularis massage feature. There are two flaps that inflate out towards the back of your shoulders (right where the subscapularis muscles are…if you know your anatomy!). They have nodules in the flaps to simulate a trigger point massage to the muscles at the back of the shoulders. Pretty cool…never seen that in another massage chair before.
6. Like virtually all Panasonic massage chairs, no heat function anywhere on the chair.
Well, that about does it for today. The Panasonic 30007 is a very nicely appointed massage chair. You’ll enjoy it.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016