Lots of New Osaki Massage Chair Models
Osaki has really had some great success with their new line of massage chairs, particularly the 3000/4000, 6000, and 7000 massage chair models. The 4000 and 3000 are essentially the same massage chair with some very minor differences, which I discussed in some detail last December:
The Osaki 4000 massage chair has been quite popular since it’s introduction to the US market in 2011. Just recently, Osaki introduced the 6000 and 7000 models, which have quickly become best-sellers as well. I have already gone over the differences between the Osaki 4000 and the Osaki 7000 massage chair models here:
Osaki 4000 vs. Osaki 6000 Massage Chair
Today, I will go over the primary differences and similarities between the 4000 and 6000 models. The reason I am writing these comparative reviews is because of the number of inquiries I get about the differences. I hope this review assists you in your own massage chair shopping experience.
1. Price – Of course there is a $600 difference in price (Minimum Advertised Price), with the Osaki 6000 being the more expensive of the two. And, the remainder of the comparative points will explain the price difference…
2. mp3 Player – The Osaki 6000 massage chair has a music system with two external speakers near the outer arm airbags. You can plug in your cell phone or other portable music device and manager your music from your device over the chair’s music system. Pretty cool really. The Osaki 4000 does not have any music system setup.
3. # of Airbags – the Osaki 4000 comes with 32 airbags, whereas the Osaki 6000 has almost twenty airbags more, at 51 total airbags. Those airbags are located in the arms, legs, calves and feet, arms, upper arms, waist, headpiece (neck and shoulders), buttock, and thighs.
4. Heat – The Osaki 4000 massage chair has a heating element; the Osaki 6000 does not. The heating feature in the 4000 is localized to the low back.
5. LED Lighting– On the outside of each side of the Osaki 6000, there is a long light lens that shines a blue light when the chair is on. You won’t see it when you are seated in the chair, but if the light are out in the room where you are using your massage chair, you will see an ambient blue light throughout the room, which can be very soothing. The Osaki 4000 has no such lighting.
6. User Height – Although close, when it comes to the suggested heights of the users, the Osaki 6000 can accommodate someone up to 6’5″ tall, whereas the Osaki 4000 is set up to comfortably handle someone as tall as 6’4″
7. # of Motors – The Osaki 6000 has almost twice the number of motors working the chair’s features. The Osaki 4000 has only 7 compared to 13 in the Osaki 6000. Some folks say that the more motors you have the more things can go wrong. On the other hand, with more motors running the chair’s components, less is affected when a motor goes down. There is a better chance that you can continue using your massage chair to some degree even if a motor goes down and there are still 12 functioning motors remaining.
Similarities Between These Two Massage Chair Models:
That is a summary of the differences between these two popular massage chairs. Now, let’s briefly look at the similarities…and there are a lot of them:
a.) 30″ vertical massage roller track,
b.) zero gravity
c.) arm, upper arm airbag massage
d.) seat/hip/thigh airbag massage
e.) stretch programs
f.) 6 auto programs
There you have it. The assembly for both chairs is very similar. The look and lines of each chair are very nice.
The difference in cost is about $600 (sometimes less when we have a sale going on). The big question is whether the additional features of the Osaki 6000 is worth that difference. Personally, I like the 600o more…I like the feature set and the strength of the massage. I would pay the extra money. But, again, that is my personal opinion. I also love the look of the 6000 more than I do the 4000, but, again, personal preference.
Feel free to email me or call me at 801-651-2026 if you have any other questions I can assist you with regarding these two chairs or any other massage chairs we carry. I am always at your disposal.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Buying a Massage Chair Online? Here’s What You Need to Know - December 20, 2018
- New Massage Chair Models! - December 11, 2018
- Give the Gift of a Massage Chair this Holiday Season - December 10, 2018
- Advantage: Massage Chair Relief - November 29, 2018
- Massage Chair Relief on the Road! - November 20, 2018