Some things have come up, since my last Massage Chair Industry Update that I shared with you on August 27th, that I thought were noteworthy.
1. The arrival of the Infinity Iyashi to the USA has been delayed another week. It was scheduled to come 2 days ago on the 29th, but it has been changed to September 6. I have no idea why it was delayed.
2. The Inada Sogno in black leather was back ordered until September 12, but that shipment has already been spoken for so the next shipment of that chair is October 6. Again, another reason why you should pre-order a chair that is out of stock rather than wait for the chair to arrive before ordering. Some of these models go very quickly, even before they arrive in the US.
3. Luraco is dropping the price of their iRobotics 6S to $5990 on September 1. It is considered a “limited time special” so I have no idea how long that price will be up for. It is regularly priced at $7990. Good idea to drop the price for the 4th quarter when all massage chair sales go up. Remember that I recently spoke of the upgrade from the iRobotics 6 to the 6S. The new model has the following changes:
- Human voice response in English, Spanish, Vietnamese & French.
- Built in Music Speakers.
- New software version with higher intelligence and advanced massage profiles, especially for foot massage.
- Bluetooth control with free smart phone and tablet applications, customer can control massage chair from their tablet or android phone. Bluetooth is an optional feature.
4. Osaki has replaced the old OS-2000 with a new model, OS-2000 Combo. Here are the main features of this new model:
- 31″ roller track
- Fits a person up to 6’4″ tall
- Zero gravity
- Airbag knee massage
- Priced at $1999 with a $200 instant discount
I hope to have this chair up on our site this week.
Well, that’s about it. Have a super Labor Day weekend!
Dr. Alan Weidner