I will be mentioning these things on my biweekly Massage Chair Industry Update video next week, but for those who prefer the written word, here are some things to be aware of currently:
- Osaki is offering a 2 year parts and labor, in-home warranty, with two more additional years of parts only, on their new OS-3D Pro Dreamer massage chair. This offer is for chairs bought from www.massage-chair-relief.com and is good until the end of the year. A very nice promo for you who are interested in this chair.
- By the way, we just got the OS-3D Pro Dreamer in our showroom and I wrote a review of it yesterday for your perusal. Here is the link…http://www.massage-chair-relief.com/blog/chair-models/osaki-os-3d-pro-dreamer-my-initial-review/
- I have been writing a series of articles reviewing, in some detail and in layman’s terms, the warranty coverage of each of the massage chair companies that we carry. Well, those reviews are for RESIDENTIAL use warranties and NOT commercial warranties for many of the companies. For example, the commercial use warranty coverage for the Infinity chairs is 2 years parts only, while the commercial warranty for Inada is 3 years parts and labor, in-home coverage but it costs an additional $600. I will be writing a blog post next week about the commercial coverage for each company.
- Osaki is getting a new shipment of OS-7075R chairs into their warehouse within the next couple of weeks. I have alluded to the fact, in past blog posts and Industry Updates, that there has been a higher than normal failure rate on this model over the last 6-8 months. Osaki tells me that it is most likely caused by heat damage to the last container load from a heat wave earlier in the year in China, where the chairs are manufactured. This new shipment will be a fresh batch and should be much better than the heat damaged container from earlier in the year.
- I have posted part 1 of a 3 part online interview with Cliff Levin, President of Inada USA. We chatted over a year ago and have revisited with this new interview from last Tuesday. I will be posting parts 2 and 3 within the next week for your listening and viewing pleasure. Cliff opened up a bit about call and failure rates for his chairs. He said that Inada has a 3% call rate, which means that they get calls on about 3% of their orders. These calls include not only failure issues, but also questions about how to use the chair, shipping damage, and other non-failure-related topics. He mentioned that their actual failure rate is about 1%. For those who are not familiar with failure rates in our industry, 1% is very, very low. That means that only around 1% of their chairs have a mechanical problem! I know of some models that have failure rates of 5-10%. So, that is pretty good. I know, from a previous conversation with the National Sales Manager for Panasonic, that Panasonic’s failure rate is at or below 1% as well.
I’ll see you in next week’s Massage Chair Industry Update video!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Peace of Mind Lifetime Labor Warranty - February 20, 2019
- Fujimedic Kumo Notes..and more! - February 14, 2019
- Luraco Legend Plus vs. Luraco Legend - February 6, 2019
- Las Vegas Furniture Market 1/29/19 – What I Learned! - February 2, 2019
- Comparing Massage Chair Features? Consider These Options - January 29, 2019