I just found out from a client (it seems I always get the news 2nd hand) that Sanyo has a new model called the 8700 massage chair. I didn’t believe him, so I called my Sanyo rep and, sure enough, 3 weeks ago Sanyo launched this new model. It is in the same family as the 6700 and 7700 massage chairs, but has some upgrades. Here is what I got:
- The ottoman extends 8″ instead of 6″ – to make it comfortable for folks up to 6’4″ tall.
- The GK roller “balls” are larger on the 8700 than on the 6700/7700 models. This lends to a more gentle roller feel….less of a “shiatsu” feel. This client told me that it is a more comfortable massage than the 6700/7700 roller “balls”.
- The foot and calf mechanism is two pieces as opposed to the one piece on the 7700.
- 3 zero gravity positions vs 1 or 2 zero gravity positions.
- On top of the regular pulse, perspiration, and temperature sensor that the 7700 has, the 8700 massage chair now has a “stress” sensor to measure “mental fatigue” (I have no idea how they measure that, but I am very curious to find out).
The price point is $5999.
We will have this chair on the website by next week, but you can call us anytime for more information or place the order.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Massage Chair Stretch Programs: L-track vs. S-track - July 19, 2017
- Panasonic EP30007 Discontinued - July 11, 2017
- Mail Bag – L-Track vs. S-Track; Panasonic MA73 vs. Inada Dreamwave; Health Problems - June 26, 2017
- Massage Chairs and the IlioTibial Band (ITB) - June 20, 2017
- Cozzia Qi & Cozzia Qi SE Massage Chairs - June 15, 2017