How To Move An Inada Sogno Massage Chair Through A Door
Moving a massage chair is not an easy thing. They are big and bulky and can cause the very back pain you are probably trying to get rid of by getting one in the first place! Most massage chairs, when assembled, can fit through a regular 32″ door frame, but some, like the Inada Sogno Dreamwave massage chairare too wide to fit through.
So, what to do? Well, there are two options really:
1. Remove the arm rests and unplug the hoses and plugs and then roll the chair through on it’s two rear wheels. This sounds easy, but removing the arm rests is too much work for me (I am not a very good handy man!). I choose option #2, which is what this video is all about…
2. Get a 4-wheeled dolly for about $20 and roll the chair over on it’s side onto the dolly. Then, roll the dolly through the door. Sounds hard, but it’s actually quite easy. I have done it so many times when moving the chair out of the showroom to a trade show, home show, golf tournament, etc. It is very easy to do and saves you the trouble of having to remove the armrests, which is something I refuse to do (knowing my luck, I’d never get it put together again!).
The thing that you must remember to do when you roll the chair over on it’s side, as I am describing it, is to fully recline the chair and raise the ottoman. Otherwise, it will still be too wide to fit through a normal door width.
I know, I’m making it sound complicated. Have a look and see what you think…
Not too tough, eh?
That’s all there is to it. I might also mention that with the many, many number of times that I have moved the Inada Sogno massage chair this very way, I have never seen the chair malfunction or break down. It has taken this kind of moving and tilting many times without any ill-effects.
Thanks for watching. To see any of our other videos, on the Inada Sogno or anything else we have created, visit our YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/massagechairrelief
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Massage Chair Stretch Programs: L-track vs. S-track - July 19, 2017
- Panasonic EP30007 Discontinued - July 11, 2017
- Mail Bag – L-Track vs. S-Track; Panasonic MA73 vs. Inada Dreamwave; Health Problems - June 26, 2017
- Massage Chairs and the IlioTibial Band (ITB) - June 20, 2017
- Cozzia Qi & Cozzia Qi SE Massage Chairs - June 15, 2017