I just recently returned from a trip to Southern California where I went to the San Diego headquarters of the folks who import and distribute the Superior massage chair. I recorded my visit and you see that video below, but here are some things gleaned from that trip about the chair:
1. It ships in 2 boxes, so some assembly is required.
2. They offer a limited 3 year warranty. It is not a typical warranty that we see on the other chairs we carry. This warranty does not have a parts and labor in-home component to it’s warranty. If it needs major repairs, the customer must ship it back to the Superior offices in San Diego at the customer’s expense. For minor repairs, Superior will send the needed parts to the owner with instructions for installation and a phone consult. Beyond the initial 3 years, there are 2 more years of coverage for the frame/structure only.
3. Foot/Calf stretching – pretty cool idea. The front portion of each foot lifts independent of the other one, thus stretching the calf muscles of each leg. I’ve never seen this feature before and felt pretty good on the calf muscles.
4. Other features of this chair include: zero gravity, 3D mapping, forearm/hand/calf/foot/seat/shoulder/waist airbags, 31″ roller track, music system, lumbar heat element, stretch program.
5. The chair comes in the black color only.
6. This chair weights 275 pounds and has a Sogno-like body styling, which has become quite vogue in the industry nowadays because of the design innovation introduced by Inada in their iconic Sogno back in 2008.
Here’s the video…
I hope this assists you in some way in your massage chair buying process. Feel free to give me a call at 888-259-5380 if you have any more questions. I am always at your disposal during and after your due diligence.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016