Kirk Jennings, of Infinite Therapeutics, dropped by my showroom today to demonstrate to me the new IT-8200 massage chair and their flagship chair, the IT-9800. It was very nice of Kirk to come by to give me a chance to sit on these chairs. I had sat on the IT-9800 before and really enjoyed it. Since that time, they had introduced a Sogno look-a-like, which is what all companies seem to be doing nowadays, called the IT-8200. Today was my first chance to experience this new model firsthand.
I’ve included a very brief video that I took of the the IT-8200 with my cell phone today when Kirk was in our showroom. It isn’t much, but it gives a pretty good overview of what to expect from this new Chinese-made chair.
Here are some of the highlights of the chair, as I experienced them:
1. Foot Rollers – I really liked this feature. I have never sat in a massage chair with foot rollers before, even though we carry the Omega Montage Pro, which also has foot rollers in it. Every other model just has air bags in the feet component. I must say that although I am a pretty ticklish fellow in the foot area, I found the foot rollers to be great! I think you will like that feature too. Along with the rollers, you still get airbag compression on the top of the foot while the soles of your feet are being “rolled.”
2. Swivel Seat – The IT-8200 is the first imitation-Sogno chair that actually tries to mimic the Dreamwave technology of the Sogno. The airbags move the seat up and down and side to side. Not as refined or nuanced as the Inada Sogno Dreamwave feature, but a pretty good imitation.
3. Head Rocking – There are airbags in the head pillow that rock the head from side to side. The purpose of these airbags is NOT to massage the neck, but to rock the head side to side in a relaxing way. It was pretty cool, but nothing that really impressed me. I’ve not seen this feature in a massage chair before.
4. Music System – The music system entails a USB port at the bottom of the back of the chair into which a jump drive is inserted that has music downloaded to it. The music is played back on 2 external speakers, one on either side of the head.
5. Airbags – Plenty of airbags located in the neck, deltoids (outer shoulder area), waist, low back, hips/thighs, seat, arms, calves, and feet.
We will be getting this chair in our showroom later this summer and, at that time, I will do more sophisticated and detailed review of the chair. Overall, I enjoyed the chair and felt thoroughly massaged by it. I think it is a great bang for the buck, especially with the unique foot roller function.
The chair retails for $3595, but we currently have a $400 instant discount for massage-chair-relief.com shoppers.
Enjoy the video…
Have a super day!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Here is a link to this IT-8200 demo.
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Peace of Mind Lifetime Labor Warranty - February 20, 2019
- Fujimedic Kumo Notes..and more! - February 14, 2019
- Luraco Legend Plus vs. Luraco Legend - February 6, 2019
- Las Vegas Furniture Market 1/29/19 – What I Learned! - February 2, 2019
- Comparing Massage Chair Features? Consider These Options - January 29, 2019