I saw the music system feature the first time on the Omega Montage massage chairs. We had one in the showroom a few years back and it seemed like a pretty cool thing at the time. That chair had a zip drive that came with the chair along with some heavy-duty headphones. All you had to do was download music onto the zip drive from your computer, plug the zip drive into the back of your massage chair and then listen on the headphones. What was really cool was that certain massage features worked in rhythm to the beat of the music.
I love music and listen to it as often as I can. I think that music has a very therapeutic value to it in many respects. I actually feel that music can contribute to healing. As a matter of fact, here is a site wholly dedicated to music therapy: http://www.musictherapy.org/. So, is music in a massage chair a silly thing? Probably not.
Omega also has music integrated into their Skyline and Serenity models.
Music System of the Osaki OS-6000 Massage Chair
Recently, Osaki came out with a music system in their new Osaki OS-6000. This is one of the Inada Sogno look-a-likes, but has the music system as a distinguishing feature from the Sogno (along with zero gravity). I think I like the Osaki’s music set-up more than the Omega music system. Here’s why…
1. You just plug in your phone or mp3 player into a 3.5 mm plug that is located on the remote control pedestal.
2. You can play all the music on your phone or music player and manage it directly from your phone/player.
3. The chair has two speakers, one on either side of the head, both located on the shoulder airbag protrusions. This gives you a stereophonic feel. No need for headphones or earbuds. You just plug in your phone and play music from the phone.
I will admit that the speaker system is not of super high quality, so if you are looking for a quadraphonic, BOSE-style sound effect, you will be sorely disappointed. But, if you want to listen to your favorite tunes while doing something great for your body, this music system will do just fine.
By the way, this music system also allows for the vibration massage to work in rhythm to the beat of the music you are listening to.
Here is a new video we made discussing and demonstrating the music system of the new Osaki OS-6000 massage chair:
I hope this explains a little more about the built-in music systems of massage chairs.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Massage Chair Stretch Programs: L-track vs. S-track - July 19, 2017
- Panasonic EP30007 Discontinued - July 11, 2017
- Mail Bag – L-Track vs. S-Track; Panasonic MA73 vs. Inada Dreamwave; Health Problems - June 26, 2017
- Massage Chairs and the IlioTibial Band (ITB) - June 20, 2017
- Cozzia Qi & Cozzia Qi SE Massage Chairs - June 15, 2017