You might be thinking, “Duh…of course massage chairs relieve stress”, especially those of you who own one already. Folks get massage chairs for different reasons, most of which have to do with back and neck pain, but it may surprise you to know that a massage chair can also help with some other health issues as well. From our experience, here are some other benefits of massage chair “therapy”:
1. increased arm and leg blood and lymph circulation
2. improved posture
3. easier deep breathing
4. increase flexibility/range of motion
5. general sense of well-being
6. better night’s sleep
7. some folks notice a change in neurological sensation in the legs and feet (this was quite an extraordinary and unexpected benefit that we began to see two years ago when we used to display our chairs at the home shows here in Utah. It surprised us, to say the least!)
8. immune system boost
9. and, of course, stress relief.
I got a tweet from Human Touch, one of our manufacturers, last week which talked about an article on stress benefits of massage. Stress, particularly evident in our fast-paced western culture, can lead to many health conditions, i.e. heart problems, unhealthy coping behaviors like overeating and inactivity, headaches, muscle tightness/spasm, sleeplessness, etc. etc.
So, the long and short of it all is massage, in the form of a massage chair, can help you battle the stress of human living each and every day within the walls of your own home.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Massage Chair Stretch Programs: L-track vs. S-track - July 19, 2017
- Panasonic EP30007 Discontinued - July 11, 2017
- Mail Bag – L-Track vs. S-Track; Panasonic MA73 vs. Inada Dreamwave; Health Problems - June 26, 2017
- Massage Chairs and the IlioTibial Band (ITB) - June 20, 2017
- Cozzia Qi & Cozzia Qi SE Massage Chairs - June 15, 2017