Standard Residential Warranty Coverage
The vast majority of our customers purchase a chair for use in their home. The warranties for residential use are pretty standard across the board. For example, most Chinese-made chairs have a 1 year parts & labor warranty with a 2nd year of parts coverage and a 3rd year of structural/frame coverage (aka 1/2/3 limited warranty). Most of the Japanese and American made chairs have a 3 year parts & labor warranty, commonly accompanied by an additional 2 years of parts. One company (Synca) actually offers a standard 5 year parts & labor warranty and some Chinese-made chairs (i.e. Novo XT2 and all Infinity massage chairs) have a 1/3/5 limited warranty. Of course, pretty much all companies offer 1 or more extended warranty options to bring total coverage up to 3 or 5 years of parts and labor coverage. Confused? Well, that was the easy part!
Commercial/Business Warranty Coverage
When it comes to warranty coverage for a chair being used in a commercial environment (business setting), the warranties are all over the map! This article will lay out for you the coverage you can expect from each of the major brands we carry. This is very important to know if you are looking to get a chair for your commercial business that will be used by multiple employees. Most massage chair companies understand if you are using it in your office for personal use, but these warranties are for situations where the user traffic is going to be higher.
- Infinity – 1 year of parts and labor coverage
- Luraco – 6 months of parts and labor coverage, 6 more months of parts only coverage.
- Osaki Titan – For commercial use, coverage is limited to up to 2 service visits over the life of the chair and 3 years parts coverage from the date of purchase.
- Health Mate – 1 year parts and labor coverage.
- Synca Wellness – Synca makes a full heavy duty commercial version of the JP1100 (called the Kurodo) that has a 2 year parts and labor coverage. You can also get an optional 3rd year of parts & labor coverage for an additional $250 (for non-wear and tear components). The JP1100 is built for light commercial and it’s coverage drops down from 5 years to 2 years parts & labor (still pretty dang good!). Synca does not recommend the Kagra or the CirC for full commercial use.
- Inner Balance – The Jin model will retain it’s regular warranty, which is 1 year parts & labor, 2 years parts, and 5 years frame . None of the Synca and Inner Balance models are approved for malls or airports.
- Inada, Panasonic, DreamWave, Positive Posture – The commercial warranty is $200 per year for up to 3 years of parts & labor coverage.
- Ogawa, Fujimedic, Cozzia – 6 months of full parts & labor coverage. You can also purchase up to 3 additional years of parts & labor coverage for $200/year.
- Human Touch – The following models have 1/3/5 year limited warranty coverage for commercial use: Novo XT2, Bali, Sana, all AccuTouch models, ZeroG 4.0/5.0/5.1. Their remaining models have a 1/2/3 year limited warranty for commercial use.
- uKnead – For light commercial use the standard factory warranty applies. That’s 1 year parts & labor and 2 more years of parts only. Structural/frame coverage is 5 years.
Well, that just about does it for the “factory” warranties for each of the brands we carry. I should also mention just a few more important things about this topic:
a. All these commercial warranties have “in-home” repairs, just like their residential counterparts. No need to send off the chair(s) to get fixed.
b. Our very own Peace of Mind Lifetime Labor Warranty does not cover chairs used in a commercial setting.
c. In lieu of our Peace of Mind Lifetime Labor Warranty, we offer a parts & labor commercial warranty for $200/year. This can be purchased for as many as years as desired and is typically billed annually.
If you have any questions about any of these warranties, please feel free to reach out.
Dr. Alan Weidner
P.S. Give us a “Like”, “Share”, or “+1” and leave me a comment or question below to share what you learned or ask any questions, so other folks can benefit from this material.
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of Infinity Overture Massage Chair - April 17, 2019
- The New DreamWave M.8 Massage Chair! - April 4, 2019
- FDA Approved Massage Chairs? Really?? Don’t Believe It! - March 28, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Businesses – Any Warranty Coverage? - March 23, 2019
- The New Super Novo from Human Touch - March 13, 2019