When Exactly Does A Massage Chair Warranty Begin??
I get this question a lot and, to be frank, I have always just said “When the chair ships out.” That sounds pretty good and most folks believed it…heck, I believed it. Well, I was discussing a massage chair purchase with a customer on the phone yesterday and the subject came up again.
This time, doggonit, I really wanted to know. I actually don’t like just saying stuff to satisfy a client, if I am not sure myself of the answer. So, I took it upon myself this morning to contact all of my massage chair manufacturer reps and find out exactly what the policy is regarding when the warranty kicks in.
Is it when the chair is purchased by the client? Is it when I place the order with the massage chair company? Is it when the chair ships? How about when it delivers? Of course this only really matters if a problem arises the week that the warranty is supposed to expire. Otherwise, a week or two won’t make that big of a difference. But, what happens if that scenario plays out…one year and two days after the client has purchased their massage chair, the warranty “expires” and something goes wrong with the chair. Will the massage chair company honor the warranty from the date of delivery to the home or business of the client? Well, here are the answers for each of the companies for which I sell massage chairs:
1. Human Touch – The company policy is that the warranty begins when the chair is purchased by the end user. So, I asked what happens if the order is placed and the chair is back ordered for a week or month…or more! I was told by the customer support rep at Human Touch that Human Touch is flexible in situations like that. If it comes to a situation like that, Human Touch will consider the delivery date as the beginning point of the warranty. Remember, this not in writing as company policy but it seems to be a general rule of thumb for customer support folks at Human Touch.
2. Inada – The purchase date of an Inada massage chair is considered the beginning of the warranty but, speaking with Inada directly, I am told that should a problem arise during that critical “end of warranty” period, Inada will check the Proof of Delivery date and go with that date. No fuss, no muss.
3. Osaki – Osaki considers the delivery date to the client’s home or business as the beginning of the warranty period.
4. Infinite Therapeutics – Like Osaki, the company policy for IT chairs also considers the delivery date as the beginning of the warranty period.
5. Panasonic and Sanyo – Same company now, so very similar policies. The purchase date is considered the beginning of the warranty, but should a situation arise, as I described above, Panasonic and Sanyo will side with the delivery date as the warranty beginning.
You know, come to think of it, it might not be a bad idea at all to save the receipt from the shipping company on the day of your massage chair delivery. You just might need it 1, 2, 3, or 5 years down the road if a problem arises on the “anniversary” of your warranty.
6. Omega – Date of purchase. Now, Omega was the only company that didn’t get back to me, so I can’t speak for them about using the Delivery Date as the warranty beginning. But, they are good folks over there, so I would assume that would be the case. When I hear from them I will share that info in this blog with an update.
By the way, if your massage chair comes with a warranty registration card, PLEASE MAKE SURE that you fill it out and send it back to the massage chair company. For some companies, like Omega, the policy is “no warranty registration card, no warranty.” So, just like saving the delivery receipt, make sure to send in the warranty registration card, should there be one with the massage chair you purchased.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Review of Infinity Overture Massage Chair - April 17, 2019
- The New DreamWave M.8 Massage Chair! - April 4, 2019
- FDA Approved Massage Chairs? Really?? Don’t Believe It! - March 28, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Businesses – Any Warranty Coverage? - March 23, 2019
- The New Super Novo from Human Touch - March 13, 2019