Lots of good stuff to go over today, so I’ll just get right into it…
1. The Panasonic MA70 is unexpectedly back-ordered until June. I guess Panasonic’s sales of this model were far greater than forecast, so we are stuck waiting for a new shipment to come in. I will notify you in my biweekly Massage Chair Industry updates about stock status of this and all other massage chair models.
By the way, I have put up some videos about the Panasonic MA70 on our YouTube channel. Take a look, it is a very nice, well-built, thorough massage chair…Panasonic’s best!
2. Cliff Levin, President of Inada USA paid us a visit yesterday and we had a wonderful time talking massage chairs. It is not very often
that I get a chance to chit chat with industry leaders one-on-one about the biz, so whenever I get the chance I thoroughly enjoy it. Cliff and I think a lot alike about a lot of things, i.e. customer service, quality branding, and education about massage chairs. Needless to say, I enjoy every visit I have with him. By the way, Cliff, thanks for dinner!
Of course, I always ask him about the future of Inada products and if there are any new models on the immediate horizon or if Inada is planning on making any modifications to the wildly popular Sogno…but, as usual, nothing is in the pipes. I get asked these questions all the time and everytime I see Cliff, I ask him about it. Still nothing to report!
3. Speaking of visiting with industry experts, I hope you get a chance to watch my 3-part video interview with Mark Holmes, COO of Cozzia massage chairs. While Mark was in Hong Kong, we both hopped on Skype and discussed his company and his massage chairs. Cozzia is a line of chairs created in China by Xiamen Comfort Science, aka Easepal. Mark speaks quite candidly about their line of chairs and about the industry in general. I really enjoyed my visit with him. I first met him at the Las Vegas Furniture Market earlier this year and knew that I needed to interview him for my customers. Here is part 1 of the interview, for your viewing pleasure…
4. Luraco, the makers of the new iRobotics 6 massage chair has put out a video that introduces potential customers to their company. Luraco made their name as a defense contractor for the US military. They have since branched out to other products for the private sector. Massage chairs have become a bigger part of their business, beginning a couple of years ago with massage chairs for nail spas. Now, they have branched out into home massage chairs. I enjoyed this video. I think you will too.
5. Human Touch, once again, has won some ADEX awards (Awards for Design Excellence) for a few of their models for 2013. Among the massage chairs that we carry, they won a GOLD for their ZeroG 4.0 and a SILVER for their ZeroG 2.0. I have visited Human Touch and have seen the effort that goes into their design and functionality. They are a great company that deserves this recognition. Way to go Human Touch!!
That should about do it for this week. If you have any questions or input, please feel free to contact me at 888-259-5380.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016