Massage Chair Relief Weekly News Wrap Up for 04/21/12
Here is an end of the week wrap up of what has been happening at Massage-Chair-Relief.com and in the massage chair industry:
1. The Osaki 7000 is back-ordered in taupe and ivory colors. They were just back-ordered for the ivory up to a couple of weeks ago. Now, they are back-ordered again until the first week of May. So, what does this mean? It means that this is a very popular massage chair and ivory has been hard to keep in stock over the last couple of months. It also means that if you wan this massage chair color, DO NOT wait until the chairs are in stock before ordering. Order NOW to make sure that you are in the queue when the chairs come in.
2. Inada Sogno is back ordered for the colors of chocolate and red. April 30 is the expected arrival date for the chocolate color and May 7th for the red. Again, and I’ve said this over and over regarding the Inada Sogno, if you want one of these back-ordered colors of the Sogno, order now and don’t wait for inventory. Since the price increase on February 1, sales of the Sogno have actually grown!! I was told that March sales were 98% above a year ago (March 2011). That is why they are back-ordered again. So, get on it and order one now.
3. I still don’t have the Panasonic ma70 massage chair in our showroom, even though we will be making room for it in the next little while. We just delivered one in Southern California, where I have my own delivery guy. I asked him to take some pics of it since there is so little imagery available of this new chair. He took 4 and sent them to me…I immediately put them up on the website. So just go to the product page of the Panasonic ma70 and you’ll see the new images: http://www.massage-chair-relief.com/massage-chairs/panasonic/panasonic-ma70-massage-chair/
4. I have invited Andrew Corkill, Director of Marketing at Human Touch, to chat with me next week about the new Immersion massage chairs that they have recently introduced. The scoop I am hearing is that they are quite a departure from the traditional massage chair. The look of them is nice, but I am told that the functionality of the chairs is unlike anything we’ve seen before. So, stay tuned for that broadcast, which I will post on this blog when it comes available. I have a bunch of questions for Andrew and am looking forward to learning more about them. By the way, the chairs are on our site already, but details (i.e. functions, features, and specs) won’t be up until a little later.
5. I added “Dimensions – Reclined” to our very, very popular massage chair comparison chart. I’ve already put up the “Dimensions – upright” numbers, but many shoppers ask us for the reclined dimensions as they try to figure out where in their house or business they are going to be able to fit their new massage chair. I put up those numbers for you last week and they really enhance our comp chart.
6. We had a remote control problem with our Osaki 600o massage chair. I called Osaki and they sent out a new remote control. I had one of my delivery guys replace it on the chair for me and report back to me on the degree of difficulty. It was a little harder than what we had hoped. He had to remove the chair back and then undo a zip tie to release the cord of the remote from the other cords under the chair. I suspect that Osaki should have sent out a technician since their 1 year parts and labor, in-home warranty would have covered it. Not sure why they didn’t. Maybe it works out that if the owner can’t do the part install, THEN they will send out a technician to do the dirty work. But, that was our experience…for what it is worth.
Have a super weekend!
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Pre-Owned Massage Chair Directory Update - May 9, 2017
- Human Touch Novo XT Review (Condensed!) - May 2, 2017
- Quick Hits – New Panasonic Distributor; new ZeroG model; DreamWave Price Increase - April 24, 2017
- Review: Novo XT Massage Chair by Human Touch - April 19, 2017
- Massage Chairs Roller System: 2 Rollers vs. 4 Rollers - April 12, 2017