Although Luraco Technologies has been around for a long time in the defense and commercial sectors, it was only this year that they became a player in home massage chair distribution with their iRobotics 6S chair offering.
They manufacture over 50% of their chair in America, as well as assemble it here. One of the things that makes them unique, aside from their “Made in the USA” moniker, is the fact that they offer a 2 year parts and labor warranty, with an additional year for parts only and another 2 years of structural coverage (5 year limited warranty). Most chairs, outside of Inada and Panasonic, offer only a 1 year parts and labor warranty (3 year limited warranty).
I will also tell you that they have a wonderful tech support department and are very quick to respond to any issues with their chairs. I have a local customer who experienced a problem with his new iRobotics 6S chair. He called me, I called Luraco, and within an hour my customer had heard from one of Luraco’s engineers to diagnose the problem as well as make arrangements for it’s repair. I was very impressed with their attention to my customer’s needs.
One of the advantages of having a massage chair manufacturing company based in the USA is that the resources available are second to none. I’ve never had an engineer ever call any of my customers from any of the other chair importers for whom we carry chairs. You get one of the guys who actually builds this stuff call you to address your chair problem. Pretty cool.
Well, here are the details of Luraco’s warranty for your perusal (my comments included):
2. If the chair is being used for commercial use, the coverage is 6 months parts and labor, in-home, with an additional 6 months of parts only. The structural coverage is for a full two years from the time of purchase.
3. Luraco guarantees repair or replacement of the chair, the option to replace or repair being chosen at their discretion.
4. The warranty does not cover any loss or damage from improper installation, after-market alterations, modifications of the original condition of the chair, or any unauthorized repairs.
5. Any damage caused by electrical disturbances of the chair’s power source, improper use of the electrical/power supply, or power surges are not covered. This is why getting a good quality surge protector for your new massage chair is a must. Don’t go cheap on this. Get a decent surge protector. We once had an electrical storm here in Salt Lake City that knocked out our power at the showroom. When it was restored, one of my more expensive chairs was completely on the fritz. It did not have a surge protector! My bad…and not an inexpensive bad, by the way. This is a big investment…get a good surge protector!
6. Every chair has normal wear and tear through regular usage. Stuff like faux leather and fabric can get worn out through that normal usage. Your warranty will not cover that.
7. There are lots of other things that can affect your massage chair, i.e. animal damage, stains, fluids, mold, water damage, cuts, burns, etc. The warranty will not cover these things. I might also add grandchild damage. If you want a chair to be thoroughly road-tested, let your grand kids have a go at it! If there is anything that can go wrong with a chair, they will find it.
8. The warranty is non-transferable. It applies to the original owner only.
9. Luraco mentions at the tail end of their warranty that they will not be held liable for any personal injury, property, or any “incidental or consequential damages” of any kind resulting from malfunctions, defects, misuse, improper installation or alteration of their product.
10. An extended warranty is offered to residential customers only. At the time of this writing the cost of that extended warranty is $395 and provides a full 5 years of parts and labor, in-home coverage.
Well, that’s about it for Luraco and the coverage of their iRobotics 6S massage chair. If you do need to file a claim with them, make sure you have the proof of purchase that you should have received from the retailer who sold you the chair.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Super Novo & Master Drive AI & Aura - September 17, 2019
- New Massage Chair Warranty Registration - September 10, 2019
- Massage Chairs for Bigger Bodies! - August 21, 2019
- Massage Chairs or Massage Therapists: Which Is Better? - August 13, 2019
- Make-A-Wish Foundation & Massage Chair Relief - August 9, 2019