Just as they did with the iRobotics 7 last July, Luraco has upgraded their Legend model to the new Luraco Legend Plus. The official switch was done on February 1, 2019. We had to have the new Legend Plus up and the old Legend down from our website on that date. We are currently selling our two floor models to make room for the new Legend Plus.
Luraco Legend Plus Upgrades:
- The Legend Plus has BlueTooth technology and speakers. Now you can pair your device with the chair and play your own playlist over the speakers.
- The Legend Plus roller track rolls 3 cm higher up the spine. The specs state that the length of the roller track is still 58″, as before, so I can only assume that the whole roller track has been shifted upwards 3 cm to accommodate a taller body. Luraco’s literature stated that the original Legend could accommodate a person as tall as 6’2″ with an upper user weight limit of 240 lbs. The new Legend Plus can handle a user up to 6’5″ tall and 250 lbs, according to their literature. I won’t know for sure if it can truly handle someone 6’5″ tall until we have that chair in our showroom and tested it out with some tall bodies.
By the way, when I am told by a massage chair company that their chair can fit someone 6’5″ tall, I expect it to mean that it can massage pretty much the whole neck of someone that tall. Massage chair companies are notorious for saying that their chairs can handle up to 6’4″ or whatever, but when someone that tall sits in the chair, often the rollers never massage the whole neck, if it hits the neck at all. Of course, a person 6’4″ tall may certainly “fit” into the chair, but can it really massage that person all the way up the neck?? That is the question you will want to ask yourself when trying out chairs.
- The armrest airbags in the Legend Plus have been improved for “a more comfortable and effective massage experience.” When I was at CES in Las Vegas in January, I asked Dr. Le what that meant and he told me that the elbow airbags, which are a very unique and therapeutic feature, have been redesigned a bit to make it easier to fit your arm into the arm airbags. With the old Luraco Legend, it could take a little finagling to get all of your shoulders, elbows, arms, and hands all situated before starting a massage program.
- Software enhancements “for a more enjoyable and beneficial massage experience.” I’m not sure what all those enhancements are, but I was told that the depth of the 3D rollers have been adjusted so that, at their greatest depth, the roller massage intensity is greater in the Plus than it was in the original Legend. That would be nice.
- The price jumped $1000 to $7990, from $6990.
After reading point #5 above, I thought now might be a good time to tell you that we are selling our Luraco Legend floor models in both of our stores, each for $4990. Great condition and, if you can live without the enhancements above, a fantastic price savings considering the new price point.
Everything else is exactly the same as before, i.e. appearance, remote control programs, noise reduction technology, weight and dimensions, color choices, body scan, made in America with non-critical components imported from Taiwan, L-track, etc.
Dr. Alan Weidner
P.S. Give us a “Like”, “Share”, or “+1” and leave me a comment or question below to share what you learned or ask any questions, so other folks can benefit from this material.