I got a call from a fellow who is reselling the remaining stock of King Kong massage chairs. I knew that King Kong had lost a law suit last year to Human Touch and I wondered at the time if it would affect their business model.
In that post I close by saying, “Who knows what will happen now. I have heard rumors that American Lighting Industry Inc may sell off or shut down the King Kong massage chair division…Don’t know, but time will tell…”
Well, I don’t know if that was the cause of it, but King Kong chairs are no longer being manufactured and sold. Only existing stock is available. How that affects warranty and customer service, I have no idea. But, I figured you’d want to know about this if you are considering a King Kong massage chair purchase.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016