Kirk Jennings from Infinite Therapeutics was nice enough to bring the IT-9800 and the IT-8200 of their Infinity 5-Star Comfort line of massage chairs to my showroom for me to try out. The IT-9800 I had sat on before, but it was great to experience it again. This model is their flagship model and has some nice features, which I will get into in more detail when we have their models in our showroom.
Briefly, here are the major features of the IT-9800:
1. Leather upholstery – Other than the Inada Sogno and the HT-9500, I believe that all other major name brand chairs are upholstered with synthetic leather (also called faux leather). It comes in 6 different color options.
2. Taiwanese made – Most non-Japanese made chairs are manufactured in China. This is one of the few chairs that is manufactured in Taiwan.
3. Inversion Therapy and Zero Gravity – This is the only chair that boasts the inversion therapy feature, which means that the chair back reclines past horizontal to about 190 degrees. This is designed to mimic the inversion contraptions that are out there where folks hang themselves upside down to relieve pressure on their low back. This chair does that to a very subtle degree only because it is not a true and full inversion but it at least goes past horizontal.
4. No Airbags – The massage in this chair is performed solely by rollers and not by any airbags. Pretty much every other massage chair has airbags doing a compression massage, but not the IT-9800.
Here is the video we taped this week in our showroom. It will give you an intro to the chair:
When we get the chair in the showroom I will do more comprehensive reviews for your benefit.
Dr. Alan Weidner
Here is a link to this IT-9800 demo.
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Checking Out the Human Touch Novo! - September 30, 2016
- Mail Bag: Best ITB massage; L-Track suggestion; DreamWave vs. Flex 3S - September 22, 2016
- Quick Hits – New Massage Chair Models; Inada Award; New Infinity Digs - September 15, 2016
- L-Track: What’s the Big Deal? - August 1, 2016
- Inada DreamWave vs. Luraco iRobotics 7 (Part 2) - June 29, 2016