Health officials and professionals are increasingly warning of the negative overall health consequences that result from spending too much time in a seated position every day, as most individuals working in office settings are prone to do. One common consequence of sitting is poor posture, which can lead to negative side effects of its own, including symptoms of chronic pain. Data shows that the majority of chronic pain sufferers also hold jobs that require them to stay seated throughout the day.
- According to leading health officials, having a desk job could be destroying your posture and causing you significant back pain.
- Even people with more physically active jobs who do not sit at a desk or computer experience work-related upper back and shoulder pain.
- Even if you exercise regularly, prolonged sitting at your job can be detrimental to your health and well-being.
“Five out of ten patients suffer from joint pain caused by long hours of sitting in front of computer or other work related incorrect postures, says a top health official.”
Read more: https://www.zawya.com/mena/en/life/health/story/Is_your_office_job_ruining_your_posture-SNG_105411896/
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Rare gene mutation gives rise to low sensitivity to physical problems - March 5, 2018
- Stress affects your health more than you may think - March 1, 2018
- Is your office job ruining your posture? - February 26, 2018
- Top 10 Accupressure Points For Pain Relief - February 22, 2018
- I Tried Bowen Therapy & It Changed My Life - February 19, 2018