Here are a few things that I want to get out there for you concerning the Infinite Therapeutics massage chairs…
1. A customer who was sitting on the IT-8500 massage chair noticed that after the scan was completed, the remote control said “FAIL” rather than “SUCCESS” which are both on the remote display. I didn’t know what it meant so I emailed Infinite Therapeutics for an answer. Here is their response:
In the automated modes the chair does a scan of the spine. If the customer is not sitting correctly in the card with their back against the back rest the chair might not be able to read the body correctly and it will show a FAIL on the remote. You can adjust the rollers if this happens by pressing the up or down buttons so it adjusts correctly. If the remote reads Success the chair scanned and read the body perfect!
2. While we are talking about the Infinite Therapeutics chairs, here is an email I wrote to a customer inquiring about the IT-8800. I get this question a lot from folks who see the IT-8800 at trade shows and wonder if I sell it or, at the very least, if I can tell them the difference between the IT-8800 and the other Infinity models. Here my response to one such email inquiry:
Thanks for your inquiry. The IT-8800 is a chair that Infinite Therapeutics only sells through their own in-house salesman at trade shows that they attend. It is pretty much the same as the IT-8200 but, from what I understand, priced quite a bit higher to pay for the salesman’s commissions. The IT-8500 is their more recent, top-of-the-line model. Plus you are not paying for commissions. I would strongly recommend getting the IT-8500 if you like the IT-8800.
The IT-8500 is a new and better model with a couple of improved functions. You can read about the improvements in these articles I wrote last year…
In summary, the main difference is the improved shoulder airbag system, which is designed to pull the shoulders back which allows for a more intense massage of the mid to upper back. It also is the shoulder airbags that allow for the new Tru V-Grip stretch program. Both of these features are found on the IT-8500 and NOT the It-8200 or IT-8800. The IT-8500 also has a new music system which includes a headphone jack for private music listening.
3. Before I go, I thought I’d mention that this morning I received an email from Infinite Therapeutics saying that their new IT-8100 has 28 airbags and not 20 airbags as had been previously reported. Here is the breakdown of airbags:
8 air bags for arms (4 each side)
2 in the head rest
2 on seat
2 on hip (1 each side)
14 in the foot rest
Dr. Alan Weidner
Latest posts by Dr. Alan Weidner (see all)
- Massage Chair Stretch Programs: L-track vs. S-track - July 19, 2017
- Panasonic EP30007 Discontinued - July 11, 2017
- Mail Bag – L-Track vs. S-Track; Panasonic MA73 vs. Inada Dreamwave; Health Problems - June 26, 2017
- Massage Chairs and the IlioTibial Band (ITB) - June 20, 2017
- Cozzia Qi & Cozzia Qi SE Massage Chairs - June 15, 2017