I received an email from a visitor to our site asking about the differences between the Inada Sogno Dreamwave massage chair and the new Doctor’s Choice 3A massage chair by Inada. I assume we will be getting a lot of questions about these two chairs in the future, since the Doctor’s Choice 3A chair was just released this month (December 2009) and will surely raise the eyebrows of many a massage chair shopper.
Below is the question from and answer to this gentleman’s inquiry:
Could you please email the brochure on the 3A.
Could you please advise briefly of the pros and cons of each model? (Sogno vs. 3A)
Thanks for your inquiry.
There are no brochures for this chair yet.
Here are the differences and similarities between the Sogno and the
Doctor’s Choice 3A massage chairs:
1. Sogno has the full arm massage; 3A has only hand massage.
2. Sogno has cervical traction unit with air bag massage on neck and
air bag massage on shoulders (trapezia).
3. Sogno has dreamwave technology in the seat, where the seat moves
from side to side in a figure 8 and up and down, through the use of
airbags; the Doctor’s Choice 3A has airbags in the seat that inflate
under the buttock and along the bottom/side of the thighs.
4. Sogno has thigh airbags that massage the Iliotibial bands; the
Doctors Choice 3A has the same airbag system described in #3 above.
5. Sogno is a larger, more contemporary looking chair; 3A is smaller
in size and looks more like a traditional massage chair.
6. Doctor’s choice 3A chair has the shoulder airbags that are designed
to hold the shoulders back when the rollers go up the thoracic spine;
Sogno does not have this feature.
7. Roller mechanism is similar in both chairs.
8. Both have a full, comprehensive, on-site 3 year manufacturer warranty.
9. Doctor’s Choice 3A comes in black color; Sogno comes in slate, chocolate, and creme colors.
You can check out the Doctor’s Choice 3A massage chair at
I hope this helps. Feel free to call me at 801-651-2026 or email me
back with further questions.
Dr. Alan Weidner